• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss Regeneration?

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
All right, so, we got some problems here that I'm addressing now

Regeneration (Low-Mid, Mid over time): Demons possess the ability to regenerate lost limbs[4], albeit very painfully, and can return to a healthy state after being completely crushed, as suggested by a demon who was squashed by a boulder[5] and was confirmed to have survived.)

So uh, yeah if you've watched much Helluva Boss you know my problem here.

In this Episode Blitzø gets shot through the arm(6:35) and needs to have that same arm in a cast for an unknown amount of time after.(end of the episode)

Blitzø and the gang get beaten pretty badly but don't regenerate. Admittedly we don't know the timeframe of this and the next episode so it's a grey area.(end of the episode)

After getting her ass beat by Striker, Millie needs her arm bandaged.(end of the episode)

Like 16:00 or 17:00 Here's the biggest one. After getting multiple high-low wounds inflicted on him... Stolas is nearly killed and is hospitalized.

But he's not the only problem here; Millie and Moxie also get beat pretty badly and don't recover very well in the next time we see them. And Blitzø, in the trend of repeatedly having anti-feats, takes damage from Loona and doesn't regenerate.

But wait, there's an example in Hazbin Hotel too!

(End of the Episode) Sir Pentius eats an attack from Alastor which puts him into a ditch and an unknown amount of time later crawls out with damage still visible(after credits scene)

None of these feats are a Low-Mid level of damage.

Regen most likely just gets outright removed from all Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss profiles that have it

I think it comes from a sinner being fine at the end of the episode despite in the beginning being crushed flat by a boulder, and word of god of them being able to recovering limbs.

Though tbh, i don't see why this would apply to imps, at least to the same degree.

Sinners should keep it bu the timeframe dhould be unknown, probably over the course of a day given the demon crushed by a boulder, since imps are demons, i imagine they would also keep it but put that it is unknown if it is as fast as sinners.

Being hospitalized and needing casts doesn't mean they can't regen, their regen can just take far longer and medicine helps, and since stolas is so important, more attention would be given to him

Will respond to this later but they do in fact have this level of regeneration, and its honestly better than what we have listed on th eprofiles currently as Viv gave updated lore on how imp and demon regen works

I think it comes from a sinner being fine at the end of the episode despite in the beginning being crushed flat by a boulder, and word of god of them being able to recovering limbs.

Though tbh, i don't see why this would apply to imps, at least to the same degree.

Sinners should keep it bu the timeframe dhould be unknown, probably over the course of a day given the demon crushed by a boulder, since imps are demons, i imagine they would also keep it but put that it is unknown if it is as fast as sinners.

Being hospitalized and needing casts doesn't mean they can't regen, their regen can just take far longer and medicine helps, and since stolas is so important, more attention would be given to him
Thats the thing, the statement is for demons in general, which Imps are a part of, so the WoG statement is posh in a VERY BIG Way

The feat is also posh due to Sir Pentious and Stolas, medical attention INVALIDATES regen feats, and we don't know if the crushed Sinner had it or not.

That's the thing, it proves that they don't really have regen, a cast implies medical attention, AKA one of the easiest ways to Invalidate a regen feat

Are you like arguing that the Regen feat is an outlier? It being acknowledged by WoG as an actual ability is kinda a deal breaker here

The feat is also posh due to Sir Pentious and Stolas, medical attention INVALIDATES regen feats, and we don't know if the crushed Sinner had it or not.

That's the thing, it proves that they don't really have regen, a cast implies medical attention, AKA one of the easiest ways to Invalidate a regen feat
it doesn't though? their regeneration is clearly overtime, medical attention doesn't invalidate regeneration that can take days or so, if anything pointed out to those being life treatening then sure, but your life doesn't need to be treatened for you to receive medical attention.

if your arm's bones are broken and your regen takes a week to fix it, a cast pushing them into place is going to speed that up, for example

Are you like arguing that the Regen feat is an outlier? It being acknowledged by WoG as an actual ability is kinda a deal breaker here
WoG says limb regen.

There's a statement of Crushing flat and a dude surviving that.

Also, there's like, 9 or 10 anti-feats so... yeah. Unfortunately I'm gonna go with as it stands it's an outlier at best for now, I'm waiting for weekly before concluding this.
it doesn't though? their regeneration is clearly overtime, medical attention doesn't invalidate regeneration that can take days or so, if anything pointed out to those being life treatening then sure, but your life doesn't need to be treatened for you to receive medical attention.

if your arm's bones are broken and your regen takes a week to fix it, a cast pushing them into place is going to speed that up, for example
"Instances of characters being wounded and inexplicably recovering off-screen should not be taken as evidence of regeneration unless supported by further context. This is due to reasons ranging from the possibility of off-screen treatment to continuity errors." ~ Regeneration Page

so yes, we'd need statements for each time I.M.P gets ****** up of regeneration off-screen.

The only reason Stolas was hospitalized was because he was harmed with blessed weapons, which pretty clearly negate Demonic regeneration.

Also like, it seems like most people now consider the immortality thing to be a Sinner quality rather than like an all demon thing, don't know why, but there's probably a statement somewhere

Also like, it seems like most people now consider the immortality thing to be a Sinner quality rather than like an all demon thing, don't know why, but there's probably a statement somewhere
Yeah if there is more then a single statement of it being a sinner thing then yeah only Imp regen gets really dealt with

Not home yet but the most you can viably argue from all of this is that its non-combat applicable, they still very much have regen we just havent seen it happen on screen.

Havent had the chance to read through stuff yet but in the case of imps their regen is less but still notable as the white splotches on their bodies are confirmed by Viv to be parts that were destroyed and regenerated, and if Stolas has been brought up, his regen was explicitly nulles by the holy rope and holy dagger Stryker used to bind and harm him, with holy weapons explicitly negating demon regen

All right, so, we got some problems here that I'm addressing now

So uh, yeah if you've watched much Helluva Boss you know my problem here.

In this Episode Blitzø gets shot through the arm(6:35) and needs to have that same arm in a cast for an unknown amount of time after.(end of the episode)

Blitzø and the gang get beaten pretty badly but don't regenerate. Admittedly we don't know the timeframe of this and the next episode so it's a grey area.(end of the episode)

After getting her ass beat by Striker, Millie needs her arm bandaged.(end of the episode)

Like 16:00 or 17:00 Here's the biggest one. After getting multiple high-low wounds inflicted on him... Stolas is nearly killed and is hospitalized.

But he's not the only problem here; Millie and Moxie also get beat pretty badly and don't recover very well in the next time we see them. And Blitzø, in the trend of repeatedly having anti-feats, takes damage from Loona and doesn't regenerate.

But wait, there's an example in Hazbin Hotel too!

(End of the Episode) Sir Pentius eats an attack from Alastor which puts him into a ditch and an unknown amount of time later crawls out with damage still visible(after credits scene)

None of these feats are a Low-Mid level of damage.

Regen most likely just gets outright removed from all Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss profiles that have it

This topic is dead but I'll talk about it here too.
Mainly what is in bold. From everything that's happened on this show isn't it kind of obvious that demons can die for anything? Like every episode we have demons dying and holy weapons are pretty rare.

Besides of course, our Imps protagonists are afraid of getting hurt in the human world. If only holy weapons could kill them, why would they try not to be hit by human things?

This just seems like a sinner's thing despite WoG claiming it in general.
-
-
-
Transformation: Demons possess a true form which they can enter during a fit of extreme rage or during combat[6]. Typically, these transformations heavily alter one's bodily proportions and shape, increasing their height and length of their appendages[7], the sharpness of their nails or teeth[8], or completely transform them into a monster[9], while others merely make the demon appear more malicious without much of a modification. Some exceptions, such as Charlie, can enter and exit their true form at will[6], usually as an intimidation tactic. Demons are also capable of blending into the living world by disguising themselves as humans[10] near-instantaneously[11][12] and return to normal even faster[13].
From what's been shown, this doesn't seem like something everyone has. Sinners or extremely powerful demons like the Goetia and the princes, but the imps and Hellhounds? No.
-
-
-
The Regeneration thing is something listed as something over time (days or weeks, we don't have an exact time) and it's still said to be painful, so I don't see it being as contradictory as I think Immortality is being.

You know, WoG is interesting, but if a statement is constantly contradicted on the show, it's not worth much.

I don't think dying or being in pain is a very good experience for our cast, they ain't exactly masochistic. So I think Types 2 and 8 are fine

WoG says limb regen.

There's a statement of Crushing flat and a dude surviving that.

Also, there's like, 9 or 10 anti-feats so... yeah. Unfortunately I'm gonna go with as it stands it's an outlier at best for now, I'm waiting for weekly before concluding this.

"Instances of characters being wounded and inexplicably recovering off-screen should not be taken as evidence of regeneration unless supported by further context. This is due to reasons ranging from the possibility of off-screen treatment to continuity errors." ~ Regeneration Page

so yes, we'd need statements for each time I.M.P gets ***** up of regeneration off-screen.
Don't think this covers the case where a character has statements of regeneration .

Also "A character who was never known to have regeneration can get healed off screen" does not equal "getting medical treatment contradicts regeneration" don't know that's even a connection

Don't think this covers the case where a character has statements of regeneration .

Also "A character who was never known to have regeneration can get healed off screen" does not equal "getting medical treatment contradicts regeneration" don't know that's even a connection
Then modify the rule-

to be clear, the rule doesn't make medical treatment an anti feat for regeneration, it just brings up a possibility that a regeneration feat may have never occured

it doesn't cover a character having regeneration statements at all

There's nothing to modify, you are inferring something it doesn't imply
That's rich coming from you who said this literally 8 minutes before

"Don't think" is not "it doesn't". That's why I said, modify the rule, make it fit with your view on it. Make it more clear, because clearly it ain't all that clear

I don't think dying or being in pain is a very good experience for our cast, they ain't exactly masochistic. So I think Types 2 and 8 are fine
As I remember Blitzo said in the first episode against that murderous family that he would die with a bullet in the head

Also, we literally saw dozens of demons dying to normal weaponry throughout the show. Where is their type 2, 3 and 5 immortality in these moments?

The Word of God is worthless at this time; every statement originates in an era where the Hazbin Hotel pilot and the Helluva Boss pilot were the only existing media. However, not only has the former series been overhauled entirely, but the latter has far outgrew its roots.
Sinners or extremely powerful demons like the Goetia and the princes, but the imps and Hellhounds? No.
Verosika.

As I remember Blitzo said in the first episode against that murderous family that he would die with a bullet in the head

Also, we literally saw dozens of demons dying to normal weaponry throughout the show. Where is their type 2, 3 and 5 immortality in these moments?
Type 2 just doesn't extend to headshots, simple! Fair on 5 though.

Type 2 just doesn't extend to headshots
I think it's fair since there are different levels of type 2.

Fair on 5 though.
Type 5 is probably something that only extends to sinners.

Hmm I do not know. I personally see this more as a way to show that they will be aggressive towards moxie than an actual transformation. But anyway, succubus are > imps and hellhounds in the hierarchy aren't they? Perhaps they are powerful for that.

Its been a little bit quiet now and maybe necro, but im going to say it here: all imp characters shouldn't have type 2,3,4 and 5 immortality and the regen stuff shouldn't be included since imps shouldn't scale to sinners/royal demons.

In regards to the immortality stuff, its been shown, multiple times in fact, that imp type demons can die. Millie has been stated to have killed multiple imps in "The Harvest Moon Festival" (S1E5), while another imp(?) (probably not an imp but still a low class demon) named Chaz was shown and confirmed to be killed by the end of "Exes and Oohs" (S2E3), while Moxxie's mom was also implied to have been killed as well. So obviously immortality types 2,4 and 5 dont apply here. The only type of immortality that could be applicable to imps would be the type 1 immortality, but even that claim is based off the idea we're still scaling imp immortality to sinners, which given the facts, we really shouldn't be doing that in the first place. For all we know, imps are just as mortal as any actual human, the only difference being they are a bit stronger than one.

As for regen, the answer is simple: no imp demon has been shown to have the same level of regen as that of a sinner. The only notable feat of regen would be Blitzo recovering from a gunshot wound in "Murder Family" (S1E1), but we have no timeframe for the healing and even highballing it would put Blitzo at an inferior regen level compared to that of a sinner.

So yeah, imps should have their immortality removed and their regen downgraded. There are too many anti-feats and statements to suggest imp demons are comparable to sinners or royal demons and until a feat or statement states otherwise, they should be taken off the profile for the time being.

Would also like to point out that in the most recent episode both Fizzarolli and Blitz seemingly sustained permanent injuries that never showed signs of healing, that should've fallen within the scope of their regen, which is another anti-feat.

Would also like to point out that in the most recent episode both Fizzarolli and Blitz seemingly sustained permanent injuries that never showed signs of healing, that should've fallen within the scope of their regen, which is another anti-feat.
Honestly, most of the physiology stuff comes from WoG at the time of what? From the series pilot? When things weren't even concrete yet?

Seriously, the only thing that could withstand WoG's words is that sinner who got crushed in Habzin's pilot.

But

He was a sinner.
-
-
-
This crt is dead, so I think someone should make a crt to talk about the physiology page.

And put bold on the page.

Yeah the Physiology page should be completely Overhauled, but that takes a lot of research into WoG

Yeah the Physiology page should be completely Overhauled, but that takes a lot of research into WoG
Honestly, let's just see if she's ok. At the moment it doesn't need to be updated, just see if it's correct.

See if there are inconsistencies or not. Let's update it with more things later, otherwise this will never happen, considering how dead the verse is on the wiki.

I think it would be fair to say that aside from the imps and other lower class demons, it would be fine for any sinner class demons and royal demons to keep their immortality/regen for now. Sinners are still largely unexplored so we can still keep the feats for now since nothing yet has broken WOG, while royal demons/Sins would upscale since its been stated that only holy weaponry can harm royal class demons, which was a big point in the Harvest Moon Festival episode.

Back