• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss - Demon Physiology Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Regeneration (Low-Mid, Mid over time): Demons possess the ability to regenerate lost limbs[4], albeit very painfully, and can return to a healthy state after being completely crushed, as suggested by a demon who was squashed by a boulder[5] and was confirmed to have survived and recovered.)

It’s revealed in a Season 2 episode that Fizzarolli, an Imp Demon, sustained permanent injures from an explosion of fireworks fifteen years before the events of the series. He had to get his burned arms and legs amputated and replaced by mechanical ones. It’s also shown in the following episode that Fizz’s horns never healed from the accident.

So Regeneration should either be removed from all profiles or downgraded, at least for Imps, since we have explicit proof they can’t regenerate from Low-Mid levels of damage.

It’s stated and shown throughout the series that Demons (or at least low class Demons) can be killed by conventional means
So Type 2/3/5 Immortality doesn’t really hold up either.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we agreed in another thread that the issue is that only sinners have shown/were stated to be this unkillable

Hellborns like imps and hellhounds shouldn’t have it indeed

Agree with the changes. Should've been removed a long time ago tbh

Everything not from Helluva Boss should be removed, which, like, at that point warrants a page deletion, no? Everything is outdated, from a bygone era of the Hazbin Hotel pilot.

Yeah, I'd say it fine to remove since its an old statement that hadn't been backed before and has been contradicted a lot of the series

Did any sinners in the series permanently died, i don’t remember, hellborns like hellhounds, imps and sharks die all the time but i don’t remember sinners doing so

Doesn’t help that hellborns tend to mix with sinners here and there

The new show even displays the difference betweens Sinners & Hellborns:

The shark-like Hellborn demons were killed by gunfire, beheading, and bisection, while Velvette's model is stated to be capable of "pulling herself back together" after Valentino ripped her apart.

Having watched both shows, yeah, this should be removed from all Hellborn demon profiles.

It's quite clear they're easily killed compared to Sinners and can't regen.

We should also remove the unspoken rule that Overlords and/or Sinners are always stronger than imps. As the series has shown, Stolas is clearly physically comparable, if not weaker, than Blitzo, and not stronger by hundreds or thousands of times stronger per blow (But in terms of magical attacks, quite well). The hierarchy of Hell is social, not powerful. Therefore, you cannot scale Blitzo to High 8-C and Stolas to Low 7-C physically, only with magic.

In addition, given how the Hazbin canon was changed in the release, it is worth limiting the use of many old statements. Nowadays Alastor and Lucifer are not familiar, as they were before, Vox is not stronger than Alastor, but much weaker, Vaggy is literally an angel (And previously it was believed that Angels are stronger than any inhabitant of Hell except Lucifer, but now it turned out that Overlords can one-shot Angels).

Therefore, for example, a statement that Stolas is possibly stronger than Alastor should be possibly limited in use, or marked “Possibly.”

We should also remove the unspoken rule that Overlords and/or Sinners are always stronger than imps. As the series has shown, Stolas is clearly physically comparable, if not weaker, than Blitzo, and not stronger by hundreds or thousands of times stronger per blow (But in terms of magical attacks, quite well). The hierarchy of Hell is social, not powerful. Therefore, you cannot scale Blitzo to High 8-C and Stolas to Low 7-C physically, only with magic.

In addition, given how the Hazbin canon was changed in the release, it is worth limiting the use of many old statements. Nowadays Alastor and Lucifer are not familiar, as they were before, Vox is not stronger than Alastor, but much weaker, Vaggy is literally an angel (And previously it was believed that Angels are stronger than any inhabitant of Hell except Lucifer, but now it turned out that Overlords can one-shot Angels).

Therefore, for example, a statement that Stolas is possibly stronger than Alastor should be possibly limited in use, or marked “Possibly.”
What about Blitzo believing that Stolas couldn't be harmed?

Well, something very interesting. Any Hellfire should be given a fire immunity negation because Stryker took damage from it and Fizzaroli was critically injured in a fire as a child and was in danger of dying in a fire in the episode itself. While the fire of the human world does not affect imps.

(And previously it was believed that Angels are stronger than any inhabitant of Hell except Lucifer, but now it turned out that Overlords can one-shot Angels)
If Overlords can one-shot Angels/Fallen Angels, and Angels can easily stomp demons, then, logically, Stolas (an Overlord; "unkillable") > Blitz, no?
When Stolas kicked, he did not cause any pain to Stryker.
"I believe he has bound me with blessed rope, which limits my ability to free myself, I'm afraid." Previously in the episode, the rope even canceled out Stolas's transformation. Odds are, Stolas's abilities in general were limited. Besides, Stolas's Low 7-C is from magical ability; Striking Strength is Unknown.

I do believe his Lifting Strength justification should be changed, though, since Blitz can retroactively lift the grimoire fairly easily now.
Plus, I think the pilot is non-canon now.

Stop talking about scaling, that's for physiology skills, leave that for another thread.

It’s revealed in a Season 2 episode that Fizzarolli, an Imp Demon, sustained permanent injures from an explosion of fireworks fifteen years before the events of the series. He had to get his burned arms and legs amputated and replaced by mechanical ones. It’s also shown in the following episode that Fizz’s horns never healed from the accident.

So Regeneration should either be removed from all profiles or downgraded, at least for Imps, since we have explicit proof they can’t regenerate from Low-Mid levels of damage.

It’s stated and shown throughout the series that Demons (or at least low class Demons) can be killed by conventional means

Maverick, don't you have the power to ping other staff?

(and please, when editing, put bold on the page)

Vox explicitly beat Alastor the last time they fought, Alastor just shit-stomped him this time.

Agree with removing this from Hellborns, but Sinners should keep it for obvious reasons.

If Overlords can one-shot Angels/Fallen Angels, and Angels can easily stomp demons, then, logically, Stolas (an Overlord; "unkillable") > Blitz, no?
Firstly, we are clearly talking about their immortality, which the angelic weapons ignore. Secondly, they one-shot angels clearly not because of physical force (punch), but because of magic, in the case of killing the angel from the series, it is assumed that it was done with a PROBABLY sharp attack (Sharp attacks > blunt blows).
"I believe he has bound me with blessed rope, which limits my ability to free myself, I'm afraid." Previously in the episode, the rope even canceled out Stolas's transformation. Odds are, Stolas's abilities in general were limited. Besides, Stolas's Low 7-C is from magical ability; Striking Strength is Unknown.

I do believe his Lifting Strength justification should be changed, though, since Blitz can retroactively lift the grimoire fairly easily now.
Plus, I think the pilot is non-canon now.
It is unknown whether this affects physical strength and durability, it’s just that the rope is invulnerable to HIM, it’s not a fact that it reduced his physical strength.

When Stolas and Blitzo were tied up by guards on the surface, Stolas, without magic, could not do anything about it (This guard is physically stronger than Blitzo).

Pretty sure we agreed in another thread that the issue is that only sinners have shown/were stated to be this unkillable

Hellborns like imps and hellhounds shouldn’t have it indeed
I think this looks correct. The imps have multiple anti-feats that don't really hold up to the regen and immortality claims.

Do gotta point out the obvious exception to Hellborns not being immortal as Royal Hellborns can only be killed by Angelic Weaponry, even though the OP implied this.

Still they probably wouldn't share every immortality possessed by sinners.

Don't we have enough votes considering you can also vote for your own crt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back