• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Vs AP Celestia Sun moving

Does sun moving count as direct AP despite requiring a specfic type of magic to do

Who's to say that she can channel the sun moving magic into offensive blast?

Lightbuster30 said:
If it were "specific hax" she wouldn't even have the tier.
That's why I wanted you to explain.

Because Twilight needing their magic to move the sun doesn't make any sense if that was the case or anyone for that matter

It's not like there's a Q&A for me to ask questions

care to help out or do you have better things to do

Except Twilight explicitly was too weak to move the sun until the Alicorns gave her their magic.

It's not even hax, it's telekinesis. Said telekinesis comes from the same source as all of her other magic so she should be able to put the same amount of power that she did for moving the sun into an energy blast since that's how magic works in MLP.

You mean aside from the fact that there's absolutely nothing implying it's hax in the first place? They do it through telekinesis. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388888263605092354/423543503004368908/qrx2t3n.png

Using their Unicorn magic, Star Swirl and five of the Unicorns focused their energies and brought down ther sun. Star Swirl then joined the other five Unicorns, and using all their concentration, he guided them in raising the moon. It was truly amazing and took a huge amount of powerful magic.
Why on earth would a task that explicitly requires powerful magic to pull off be remotely hax related? How did Celestia and Luna raise the Sun and Moon on their first try when they were never taught a spell to do so? How did Twilight or the Storm King move the Sun and Moon without prior knowledge to whatever this unknown "hax spell" is?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Also word of god confirms Princess celestial controls "the sun, the moon, and the stars" thus making her 4-A </div>
It's less the fact that it would be hax it just that it doesn't seem like it's pure power considering the specific circumstances required to do such a feat

Multipize said:
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Also word of god confirms Princess celestial controls "the sun, the moon, and the stars" thus making her 4-A </div>
It's less the fact that it would be hax it just that it doesn't seem like it's pure power considering the specific circumstances required to do such a feat
Right, and as I showed you in the book scan: Those "Circumstances" are "huge amounts of powerful magic". There. Circumstances. There's no mention of hax. It doesn't matter if it doesn't "seem" like it takes power to pull off, that's what we're told. Thinking it doesn't "seem" that way doesn't invalidate that.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Except... discord, without celestia's power, moves the sun just fine.
So why can't Twi or any other 4-C's do it? I think that would answer this perfectly.

The writers simply don't think they can. They're rated that high anyways because powerscaling contradicts what the writers think.

That kind of logic kinda goes for a lot of verses. For example, Knuckle Joe can generate a crack down through Planet Popstar's center, while a standard fodder enemy like NESP, who scales to Knuckle Joe, hasn't been seen doing that, nor can he actually perform such a feat.

Has NESP even interacted with Knuckle Joe in any meanful manner? Because the main reasons we scale MLP characters to Celestia tiers is acutally fighting on par with them. Starlight with Chrysalis, Twilight with Sombra. Plus a few others off the top of my head.

Considering that the Star Ally version of NESP (Who still remains and scales to the fodder scaling chain) is able to take out Knuckle Joe enemies in Star Allies with relative ease, in a technical sense yes. I'm just making a point that he scales to and fights a character with a 5-A feat while he himself hasn't demonstrated a feat on that level at all, somewhat similar to this case with MLP.

Btw, I made that comment to back up what you said and gave an example from another verse to help with that.

EMagoIorSouI said:
That kind of logic kinda goes for a lot of verses. For example, Knuckle Joe can generate a crack down through Planet Popstar's center, while a standard fodder enemy like NESP, who scales to Knuckle Joe, hasn't been seen doing that, nor can he actually perform such a feat.
Thank you for you help. This Wiki's a lot of fu when you can understand it

Back