• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatterene vs Gardevoir

You can't use Hypnosis in this battle... Or any status attack moves for that matter.

Hatterene has magic bounce and Gardevoir will trace the magic bounce, giving her magic bounce too.

Thus, whoever strikes with a status attack receives its effects intead.

Magic Bounce is a Hidden Ability, Pokemon with HAs are rare. The likelihood of Gardevoir running into a Magic Bounce Hatterene is low.

The OP doesn't say magic bounce is restricted or that HAs are restricted. Nothing implies anything else, only a restriction on what moves are allowed is mentioned.

Our standard assumptions state that a pokemon is allowed to have not just one or any ability, but all of the abilities it has been shown to have... Ex: Hatterene would have healer, anticipation and magic bounce. Gardevoir would have synchronize, trace and telepathy.

Therefore...

Hatterene has magic bounce unless said otherwise.

Side note, y'all know that Hatterene is a smol alien wearing a big coat right?

Yes. I haven't seen any pictures that depict Hatterene without the entire coat, but I do know that the actual pokemon is smaller than what it appears and is more Kirlia sized/shaped or something.

And people do consider Midna to be a waifu, or at least some kind of desired female figure.

I have seen it!

Therefore, Hatterene is a waifu too... Besides, a psychic/fairy waifu war is just too good of an opportunity.

Next thing we know, they'll be riding on Galar Rapidash-back holding jousts.

Even if Hatterene did have a way... Gardevoir more or less has most of Hatterene's moves, plus wish, double team, teleport and draining kiss for extra sustenance. All status inflictions are irrelevant due to magic bounce being traced.

Both of them would go for calm mind dazzling gleam, but gardevoir would have options that hatterene doesn't have, including wish which is a stronger healing tool than life dew.

I vote Gardevoir.

I'm gonna use their Gen 8 movesets and abilities here.

Typing: Tie. They're both Fairy/Psychic

Abilities: Gardevoir stomps. They can instantly copy all of Hatterene's abilities while also having some of their own

Moveset: I'm gonna have to give an edge to Gardevoir here. Most of their moves are identical, so if both use Imprison, they won't matter. So we basically have to look at the other moves that they know.

Since I'm too lazy to list all of them out, I'm only going to list out the useful ones (meaning usable and effective):

Gardevoir: Double Team, Reflect, all the punches and kicks, Wish, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, , Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak,

Hatterene: Brutal Swing, Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Psycho Cut, Play Rough, Power Whip, Swords Dance, Giga Drain

(I might have missed a few, don't @ me)

Overall, it's pretty clear to me that Gardevoir has a significant advantage here. The only advantage Hatterene has over Gardevoir is physical moves and physical attack boosts (plus draining moves), while Gardevoir also has other physical moves (which she can boost with Power Switch) priority moves, ultra instinct, better physical defense (via Reflect), and more acces to status moves (paralysis with Thunderbolt and Body Slam). Plus, Gardevoir literally can't lose. Once they sets up Destiny bond, either both of them are going to die, or Gardevoir wins. Simple as that.

Overall, Gardevoir should win

SauceSorcery said:
Level up only.
oops sorry

Well, with level, up moves, it's honestly not much different

Abilities: Gardevoir FRA

Typing: Tie FRA

Moveset: Almost all of their status moves are useless due to lowering Attack (which they don't specialize), or healing the enemy. However, Gardevoir's access to sleep hax and Dream Eater should pull them the win. Plus, Gardevoir's attacks have a much higher Base Power, their Growl and Charm aren't completely useless (Hatterene has Brutal Swing and Psycho Cut), and Double Team will allow them to dodge everything

Overall, Gardevoir still wins

Sleep hax is not applicable here because Hatterrene has magic bounce.

Hatterene won't be able to use any (status) hax back because Gardevoir will trace the magic bounce.

Back