• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ralts and Riolu line profile revision/canon separation + Groudon's inside story (Staff input needed!!!)

I personally don't see why we would need to separate the normal mons by what versions they are. Legendaries/Mythicals and Trainers I can completely understand seeing how each version treats them differently, but not normal mons as they're kinda treated the same throughout a majority of Pokémon media. (Also that would mean that we would be making Anime and Manga versions of said normal mons, which would likely just be the same as their game selves, which I really don't see the point in doing.)

But as for the profiles themselves, they look good to me.

You know I was wondering if it would still be possible to keep the cross-scaling between the anime and games by using the series Pokemon Generations and Pokemon Evolutions?
Afaik Pokemon Generations and Pokemon Evolutions are both not in the same continuity as the main anime (As seen in the way Pokemon make realistic animal sounds instead of just saying their names) so their more so in line with the games than the anime but idk how we treat them currently,

Afaik Pokemon Generations and Pokemon Evolutions are both not in the same continuity as the main anime (As seen in the way Pokemon make realistic animal sounds instead of just saying their names) so their more so in line with the games than the anime but idk how we treat them currently,
There's a quite a few pokemon in the anime that make animal sounds so I don't think that's a deal breaker. See I was thinking that since these two are anime adaptions of in-game events, and that parallel worlds/timelines exist in the anime canon, that these two could be used to connect the games and the anime together.

There's a quite a few pokemon in the anime that make animal sounds so I don't think that's a deal breaker.
One of the big differences between games and anime is that in the anime Pokemon can only say their own names while in the games Pokemon only use their cries.
See I was thinking that since these two are anime adaptions of in-game events, and that parallel worlds/timelines exist in the anime canon, that these two could be used to connect the games and the anime together.
I think it's best to save this for a different crt.

For the Ralts line

Fire Manipulation and Statistics Reduction (via Mystical Fire which The user attacks by breathing a special, hot fire which also lowers the target's offensive stats)
You should say it specifically lowers special attack
That's not dimensional manipulation because its not turning something from 3D to 2D (or anything similar)

Earth Manipulation (Only takes half damage from Rock-Type attacks)
You should word it as Rock type moves instead of Earth Manipulation

Greater Statistics Reduction and Social Influencing (Via Leer which gives opposing Pokémon an intimidating leer that lowers their defensive stats)
This should be minor fear manipulation instead of social influencing

Forcefield Creation (Via Protect, Wide Guard, and Quick Guard which forms a barrier around the user protecting them from most attacks
Protect's limitation should be mentioned

I have applied the recommended changes except:

Its from intimidation which lines up moreso with social influencing.

It's limitation is noted under its decision in Notable Attacks/Techniques.
Intimidating someone to the extent their durability noticeably drops feels more like a supernatural form of intimidation though. Social Influencing is for non-supernatural cases

It should be under P&A too, since that's what most people read. Non Pokemon fans wouldn't know it can fail if used in succession if they were to read the profile

I think Farigiraf's 10x amp is not enough to prove that every evolution has a 10x amp. Trapinch disagrees with your argument.
Using base stats is not an argument

Also Girafarig is considered mid-evolution tier and Farigiraf is considered final evolution tier so yeah, clear 10x difference

Do y'all think I should add my next batch of Pokemon profile revisions (Mew, Mewtwo, Eevee line, and Pichu line) to this CRT or should I make a new CRT for them?

The only big problem that remains now is what LS give to most mons, as we lack calcs that aren't specifically related to super strong muscular pokemon, psychic ones, specific move (Strength) or legendaries.
But I believe we can settle for an unknown for the time being.

Other mons should receive their own thread, yes.

About Groudon:

• Large Size should be 0, type 1 starts from 13-14m.
  • It should obviously have Magma Manipulation
  • I'm still unsure about using the power to raise continents as AP and LS, as I don't recall whether we've actually established a form of UES for PKMN aside from vague plates stuff (bear in mind that I lack knowledge of Legends: Arceus, that might explain it)
  • I disagree with the gifted battle intelligence for reasons I believe I have explained in this very thread.

About the general speed for electricity and light, don't we have only Thunder as a move that uses actual lightning? I believe the others should fall under the "non-realistical lightning", no? And moves missing isn't necessarily related to pure dodging, as we know we have moves that raise accuracy, evasion or just miss because they are low in accuracy. Thunder itself by its own mechanics is related to weather more than aim.

Last edited:
About the general speed for electricity and light, don't we have only Thunder as a move that uses actual lightning? I believe the others should fall under the "non-realistical lightning", no? And moves missing isn't necessarily related to pure dodging, as we know we have moves that raise accuracy, evasion or just miss because they are low in accuracy. Thunder itself by its own mechanics is related to weather more than aim.
Shouldn't this be discussed in the main Pokemon CRT?

After giving a second thought to it, I guess the power Groudon needed and used to raise the continents should frankly be the same he'd use to unleash his ground moves, which by reflection is kind of the same for all the other attacks.
So yeah, even without a straight UES I believe it could work.

After giving a second thought to it, I guess the power Groudon needed and used to raise the continents should frankly be the same he'd use to unleash his ground moves, which by reflection is kind of the same for all the other attacks.
So yeah, even without a straight UES I believe it could work.
Would they be equal in power though? How much time did it take for Groudon to raise the continents?

That is indeed a point to consider.
Re-reading the dex entries of both legendaries, I'm also inclined to re-consider the magnitude of the feats. Most of them, especially the most recent ones, refer to Groudon's continent expansion as a result of it evaporating the sea through tremendous heat, while Kyogre expanded the seas by flooding the land.
This is also what we see them doing in ORAS, one with an artificial sun and the other through a storm.

In this case, Groudon wouldn't have literally caused the continent to surge from beneath the crust of the Earth, but would have done so by reducing the amount of water on the planet. Likewise did Kyogre in the opposite way.

The timeframe is also odd, because in ORAS (and iirc also the ogs, I don't have time to check rn) everyone is rightfully alarmed, worrying for the incoming doom, but the disaster isn't immediate. Steven Stone states that the cataclism would soon engulf all of Hoenn and then ravage the rest of the world, implying that both the heat sphere and storm weren't even region-sized at first, and would have gradually expanded or moved.

I'd say we can try to calc the fake sun and storm, but given their unimpressive size, they most likely don't go past 6-C, but who knows.

I feel like we could discuss Groudon's stats in a different crt cause it gonna end up affecting a few other Pokemon.

Back