• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hanten Shiranui downgrades

Regarding Hanten's tier, it is currently set at unknown due to being comparable to Ajimu. The reason for this is most likely the fact that Ajimu referred to him as someone like herself as I don't remember anything else supporting them as equals. However this is likely not referring to Hanten's abilities or powers as she had already met someone stronger than her by that point. Instead, it might refer to his long lifespan which she also seems to share (i also think it is possible that he was born from nothing like Ajimu but that is headcanon). Now Hanten has never been credit for having any special abilities other than the skill to create skills and that didn't manifest before a few years prior to the series start so I think it is very possible that he had no skills at that time. Therefore I think he should just be stated to be unknown and not comparable to Ajimu.

It's not just because of statements or lifespan. It is mostly because of his ability being just as NLF to the point that he had even created some of Ajimu's abilities. So it's safe to assume that his capablities are at least on par with Ajimu.

For the amount of abilities, it is just "might as well be infinite (13 quadrillion)" vs "infinite potential".

And to top it off he made Devil Style which was made to counter The Hero, something not even Ajimu had a counter against.

There is also the fact that they were both sealed by Bookmaker, yet Hanten had already unsealed himself before Ajimu.

Hanten is better at unsealing himself because he actually tries/wants to.

He seems to resist Devil Style, as he was able to orchestrate a deus ex machina, despite Hitoyoshi's presence.

Hanten actually has more than just "his power to create powers":

-He said in his character info that he's a sort of will of nature.

-He created the Shiranui, and is implied to have created Iihiko (he refers to him as "one of his saves")

-He said that he adapted to Ajimu and became an Non-Equal.

-+ the weird reverse stuff

Do the novels supply further information about him?

Firephoenixearl said:
It's not just because of statements or lifespan. It is mostly because of his ability being just as NLF to the point that he had even created some of Ajimu's abilities. So it's safe to assume that his capablities are at least on par with Ajimu.
For the amount of abilities, it is just "might as well be infinite (13 quadrillion)" vs "infinite potential".

And to top it off he made Devil Style which was made to counter The Hero, something not even Ajimu had a counter against.

There is also the fact that they were both sealed by Bookmaker, yet Hanten had already unsealed himself before Ajimu.
"It's not just because of statements or lifespan. It is mostly because of his ability being just as NLF to the point that he had even created some of Ajimu's abilities. So it's safe to assume that his capablities are at least on par with Ajimu.

For the amount of abilities, it is just "might as well be infinite (13 quadrillion)" vs "infinite potential"."

That was before he gained the skill to create skills, even without it there was something else that made him equall to Ajimu.

"And to top it off he made Devil Style which was made to counter The Hero, something not even Ajimu had a counter against."

I dont think it was Devil Style that made Zenkichi win against Medaka it was because he was more of an protaganist than her. If he could just create a skill to cancel out The Hero why would he need Zenkichi in the first place? Why not just give it to Ajimu?

"There is also the fact that they were both sealed by Bookmaker, yet Hanten had already unsealed himself before Ajimu."

Well Ajimu's seal were held back by her own mentality and Kumagawa did hate her so i think it's far to say it was not just because he was stronger than her.

The God Of Procrastination said:
His character info too. What character information?
The ones at the end of each volume, I'm not sure if they're in scans however.

I will unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can message me later if you need my help.

Back