• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo Flood revisions

The flood page is really outdated, and really messing ngl. so this is what i've seen its missing
For Infection Forms:
  • Surface Scaling

• Possession

• Biological Manipulation (via supercells)

• Durability negation (via supercells)

• Disease manipulation (via supercells)

• Small size (type 0; infection forms can be as small as 87.5 - 130 cms tall)

• possibly street level durability (can take a few bullets from lower tier weapons, although die anyways shortly after)

For Combat Forms:
  • Natural weaponry (via modified limbs)

• Disease manipulation (should have supercells in their blood, and in their modified limbs)

• standard equipment varying host (should specify such elite combat forms should have elite standard equipment, humans should have UNSC weaponry, ect)

• Immortality (type 2; combat forms can have their host's heads and limbs shot off without dying)

• Resistance to pain manipulation (are not bothered by being shot and losing limbs)

• invisibility (via Active Camouflage Combat form)

• Forcefield creation (via Kig-yar combat form) not optimal for combat, and are never seen in use

• Plasma manipulation, Homing Attack, and Danmaku (via weaponry)

For pure forms:
  • Danmaku (via ranged pure form)

• Small size (type 0; Stalker pure forms are 1 meter tall)

• Transformation (can change through the 3 pure forms)

• Summoning (Tank form can spit out infection forms)

• Surface Scaling (Ranged form and stalker form only)

• Regeneration (unknown; Ranged pure form's spikes they fire seem to infinitely regenerate)

This is all i could find that was missing rn, i'll try and find more

Agree: 2 (FanSyst, Confluctor)

Dont agree:

Last edited:
I agree with most of this, but jackal forms of infection have not been seen to use shields because they are not optimal for combat.

Um, a lot of these seem like they are missing justifications. Just looking at the OP, I have no idea what a "supercell" is or why they have durability negation.

Um, a lot of these seem like they are missing justifications. Just looking at the OP, I have no idea what a "supercell" is or why they have durability negation.
flood supercell.

same thing that gives them low-high regen.

same thing they use to mutate hosts.

they negate durability with flood supercells since they transform their host's cells into flood ones

biological manipulation for same reasons.

Disease manipulation, since the infection forms have flood supercells stored in their tendrils

Yes, the profiles are grossly outdated as I have plans to basically revise the entire Halo verse. And it's especially the Civilization profiles that need to follow the Civilization format. I agree some more simple abilities have been missing, but a lot of more complex abilities are grossly out of context and should be removed from some Halo profiles; I'm looking at you Precursors and Forerunners.

But anyway, the I believe Flood should have their profile reformatted similar to what I have on my My Sandbox. It is a swarm, which technically still follows under civilization policies. And there are a couple keys I wanted to add. There are spores before Infection forms that are actually the smallest level. The Fingernail sized ones. And a Gravemind key between combat forms and the even bigger Graveminds that nearly cover planetary surfaces that no longer exist post Forerunner-Flood War. But as for the added abilities.

Infection Forms
  • Surface Scaling: Seems fine
  • Possession: Seems redundant with corruption, but biological possession is still possession I guess. So okay.
  • Biological Manipulation: They already have that
  • Durability Negation: Yeah, attacking in mass numbers from the inside out would negate durability. So even Spores have that.
  • Small Size: Adding type 0 is a yes; Spores have Type 2.
  • Durability: Not really good enough to be a durability feat if they die from it and they are known to have regeneration more so, but they have been shown to overpower Jackals and Marines who are 9-C in general. So Infection Forms are 9-C most likely.
Combat Forms
  • Natural Weaponry: Blade arms, Claws, and Tentacles all count so good.
  • Disease Manipulation: Thought they already had that; they should.
  • Standard Equipment: Tends to be random, so may fall under optional equipment more so. But otherwise makes sense.
  • Immortality Type 2: Makes sense
  • Resistance to Pain Manipulation: Sounds okay.
  • Invisibility: Some versions can have this yeah.
  • Plasma Manipulation should be worded as Plasma Projection, but other wise fine. As are Homing Attack and Danmaku.
For pure forms: Another key might add between Infection Forms and Combat Forms.
  • Danmaku: Fine
  • Small Size Type 0: Fine
  • Transformation: Fine
  • Summoning: Fine
  • Surface Scaling: Fine
  • Regeneration: They already have Low-High, but that's as high as it gets since burning them (Supercells included) to ashes outright kills individual Floods.

This is the gist of what I have to say for this thread. I will also need to update a lot of statistics ratings given some multiple outdated calculations for what Combat Forms scale from and clarifying some details on what's actually AP as opposed to just range and/or dominion.

Standard Equipment: Tends to be random, so may fall under optional equipment more so. But otherwise makes sense.
Shouldn't the gravemind be under optional equipment for other keys (if we gave gravemind a key)? it feels weird they talk about how they have genius intellegence with it, but then never have it anywhere to apply to matches.
Yes, the profiles are grossly outdated as I have plans to basically revise the entire Halo verse. And it's especially the Civilization profiles that need to follow the Civilization format. I agree some more simple abilities have been missing, but a lot of more complex abilities are grossly out of context and should be removed from some Halo profiles; I'm looking at you Precursors and Forerunners.
Speaking of abilities that are missing, should we add anything regarding them filling the air with a yellowish mist? i dont remember 100% how that happens.

What our staff members have accepted above can probably be applied.

should combat forms get limited immortality 4 and resurrection from infection forms being able to control corpses of them?

if not, the page changes are done.

I am not sure about that tbh. It seems more like biological manip and corruption rather than resurrection, similar to zombies.

I agree with Confluctor; also, they more so reproduce more rather than "Rise from the dead"

Thank you for the replies.

Is there anything left to do here then, or should we close this thread?

Back