• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo - Didact Revisions

Looking at the Didact's profile, his attack potency and durability are completely wrong. First of all, he never survived a composer it literally killed him the one time it was used on him: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/JG-j5THh0...xSYVFTocTcWBm5oVOpXN54WQyxyYGttpjY4rWmK=s1600

As for this calc, Forerunner structures use hard light and can materialize and disappear when needed, so this is is not an AP feat.

Finally Cortana did not shield Chief from the HAVOK nuke with hard light, she teleported him away as this storyboard shows: https://imgur.com/a/YgtfQgj

Ok lets address them point by point.

The first one is completely out of context, this comes from the Halo: Escalation comics, what happens here is not that The Didact was composed, but Blue Team we're able to de-activate the safety protocols from a Halo ring, resulting in said part being blasted to a planet's surface, the explosion from the blast destroyed the Didact's body, with the blast being so powerful it even could be seen from space.

Even then, I feel that the calc. we use for the Composer is wrong, not due to the calc. itself, but because it assumes the Composer vaporizes/atomizes people just like the rest of the Forerunner tech. but this is not the case, it has never been confirmed what it does, it most likely just turns the body into data, but it doesnt abosrps said data, only their "essence", so I would prefer to ditch the calc. and leave the 7-B rating.

Now the second point... is quite accurate honestly, yeah the Forerunners could manipulate their structures, but we dont know If he either manipulate it or just vaporize it, since the Didact was most likely stripped off his autorithy after being sealed by the Cryptum and only recover them after forcing 859 to give him access to the Composer's forge.

The third one is wrong since the get go, a storyboard is not even complete product, rather just a "sketch"/prototype of the final product, what happends in the game (Main source) is that Chief wakes up inside a Hardlight bubble, once Cortana starts disappearing the bubble also starts fading and we can see that they we're stll inside the Mantle (As shown by the large chunks falling all over the place), the storyboard's part comes in the epilogue, where we see Chief floating around in space after the bubble dispanded, only for a Pelican to pick him up.

Honestly It feels like you just took this scenes at face value rather than seeing the context for the situation.

The thing is Master Chief was also on the Halo fragment when it landed, meaning he tanked the crash as well. Furthermore the Didact is clearly getting composed in the scan I posted, with the room on the fragment he was in being completely undamaged in the scan you posted: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/LmzKj_QL4...2g8QDd0ydhcw_FUkPgqvqALdxDTt17JXDwwJOvy=s1600

Second, the Didact was not "stripped of his authority", since he was intended to be released from his Cryptum to help guide humanity. That's why the columns near his cryptum had Reclaimer symbols that when pressed let him free. Even before he was allowed to leave he was freely manipulating Forerunner technology. Immediately after his release he takes control of his Promethean army with the wave of his hand.

Finally, in Halo 5, Chief says the Mantle's Approach was pulled into slipspace. This would've been visible, more than just "chunks" of the vessel would be apparent. Also consider the fact that the MA did in fact have a teleportation grid which Cortana was just making use of moments prior. At minimum I'd think she'd move Chief away from the very center of the blast. In addition the hardlight bridge and most of the ship are made of the same thing. Why did the ship take damage if the bridge > nuke. It's not even a critical part of the ship that's designed to absorb damage.

It's completely unknown where John is, but if he was on the blast, it would be an outlier. The Composer calculation is flawed for a couple reasons and second, no forerunner weapon "Atomized" people, they only Ionize people. Definition of Ionization to heat up an object until it becomes the fourth state of matter aka plasma. It's the next level after vaporization, but it's not even close to "atomization".

The other flaw however it that it only Ionized 7 million people according the the official canon sources, but the roughly guesstimated 42 million like the calculation assumes. And it took 90 seconds, which for continuous blast for heat/vaporization feats, we go by energy per second. Which if we went by the Ionization/Vaporization method, the result would be Small Town level+ and just a hair away from 7-C. However, I'm starting to agree with scrapping the calculation since it's just a transmutation/digitization feat, which isn't really calculable. He was still somewhat resistant to those mini composers though, but it would just be digitization resistance. Didact was still composed in the end after his body got incinerated however.

And yeah, we were talking about it offsite and there's also these scans. The Didact never actually ionized the door, but the Mantle's Approach did it itself when Didact simply ordered it too. Mantle's Approach mainly just shape-shifts itself, so the 8-A feat also doesn't have a lot of weight.

Lastly, the nuke feat is also not reliable. For one, Didact escaped in a slipspace portal before it detonated, so he never actually tanked it. Cortana did make a giant shield that protected John, and she did move her way from the nuke's explosion. And the shackles that Didact broke out of with some difficulty are clearly no where near as durable that giant bubble shield. It's like comparing branches to giant trees just because they're made of the same wood without configuring thickness among other things.

The last thing to scale him from would just be to say he's far superior to Warden Eternal, but even his profile has flaws. The durability of various boss enemies leave out vital details due to the nature of various weapons. The Incineration Cannon is mostly heat/radiation rather than force and is specifically meant to be used on giant bodies of biomass. And for attacks of said nature, you have to use inverse square law as only a small portion of said blast is actually attacking the target. Same with the Wraith Mortars. But the Hardlight Sword still ionizes enemies the size of Hunters, so at least High 8-C is legit.

I mean, If anything using the 7 Million mark and using the value to turn people them into Digital Replicates on a quantum scale it takes 4.4 femtojoules per bit, which would be a total of 1e45 to convert a normal sized human by the 7 million would be:

4.4 femtojoules per bit, times 1e45 bits to digitally replicate a human on a Quantum scale, times 7,000,000 people having been digitized = 6.16e37 joules or 5-A+

5-A+ Didact, would you look at that.

obvious joke calc. is obvious

KarmodF said:
I mean, If anything using the 7 Million mark and using the value to turn people them into Digital Replicates on a quantum scale it takes 4.4 femtojoules per bit, which would be a total of 1e45 to convert a normal sized human by the 7 million would be:

4.4 femtojoules per bit, times 1e45 bits to digitally replicate a human on a Quantum scale, times 7,000,000 people having been digitized = 6.16e37 joules or 5-A+

5-A+ Didact, would you look at that.

obvious joke calc. is obvious
Did you have any responses to my points?

No he didnt, he was teleported by 859, the Didact is not getting composer whatsoever, thats not how Composing works, the blast you vaporized his body, his mind was probably absobed by the nearby Composer, but his body wanst, yeah the Halo part was intact, yet it caused an explosion so big, the remnant of it could be seen from the orbit.

As I said, nothing is confirmed about the second feat whatsoever.

"Finally, in Halo 5, Chief says the Mantle's Approach was pulled into slipspace. " First off, I need the quote and context of said phrase.

The Mantle has a teleportation grid, yes, but Cortana wasnt using it, they way she got to the Didact to attack him with her clones was just by data transportation and as I previously said there is no major clue to show that she teleport him off the blast, as we can see large chunks of the ship still falling around them.

Ultimately, the bridge was made of Harlidght shield, the same used for protecting anything in the Forerunner army, sharing its power across the ship as a shield, what made everything blow up was the chain reaction it made with the Mantle's core when it exploded.

Except for the fact that Chief was clearly still on the fragment when it hit the planet: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/cMZupuTew...CCtj1GN6gxBpRL3z9prAmMMMvwhlDzhrIuacQT4=s1600

How could the blast have vaporized his body if it didn't even penetrate the room he was in? Also literally every source about this event says the Didact was composed: https://imgur.com/a/7UUctB7

Here's Chief's slipspace quote: https://streamable.com/vztie

The storyboards are used by the game designers to make the scene in-game, it's very compelling evidence that Chief was teleported away.

The composer where the nuke was detonated is on the opposite end of the ship from the core: https://imgur.com/a/UyrPlfb meaning your chain reaction hypothesis has no leg to stand on.

The Mantle's Approach being destroyed by the Havok Nuke was indeed a chain reaction, but the structure of the Mantle does indeed contradict them scaling to it.

Also, FanofRPGs did find that link, but I'm pretty sure we don't use that method for digitization calculations; it's like even worse than the Mass-Energy conversion theory. And I'm sure he was joking, because I'm pretty sure someone like DontTalk or Antoniofer would flip if they saw someone using that method.

Back