• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hades (God of War) additions (and one removal)

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So there's a few abilities missing from his page that I wanna add.

Immortality (Type 1): I shouldn't have to explain this one, how does he not already have the standard immortality all the other gods have?

Resurrection: He revived Alrik in the sixth issue of the 2010 GOW comic

Sleep Manipulation: He put Alriks father into a deep sleep as shown in the second issue of the 2010 comic

Telepathy and Clairvoyance: Telepathically speaks to Kratos, and despite not being physically present he can witness what Kratos is doing

Plant Manipulation?: He kept Peirithous trapped behind tinder, it doesn't seem like the tinder just happened to grow naturally in front of him to keep him trapped but I'm not entirely certain about this one.

Energy Manipulation & Projection: Scales to his champions, who with Hades powers can summon and control a vortex of negative energy around themselves, Hades also seems capable of blasting similar energy from his mouth (Also doubles as Breath Attack)

Transmutation: Should have it for the same reasons Kratos has it, via summoning and controlling the Arms of Hades, plus Kratos has this ability from having some of Hades power inbued in the Blades of Chaos anyway.

Removing Disease Manipulation: He never plagued Alriks father with disease, he put him into living sleep (Like I showed earlier) and was stealing his life force.

Also not a addition or a removal but I think his Size Manipulation be reworded to Size-Shifting, since afaik he only specifically changes his own size and not the size of others.

So remove Disease Manipulation and switch it with Life Manipulation? Seen fine.

Also agree with the rest.

looks Good. Might add intangibility, portal creation, and limited durability negation (scales from his champions)

for limited durability negation description :
f13d6337-b00f-43ca-b40b-79b792ae42d7

Last edited:
Agreed with OP

Limited durability negation looks like game mechanics to me, if there's lore or story elements to back that up, then it's fine. But there's none unfortunately. Other champion powers are good tho.

I agree with the OP and also agree with Ectasy that it isn't quite durability negation.

The changes in the OP seem fine.

Limited durability negation, I also agree need more context in the lore as otherwise it just seems like game mechanics. Intangibility and portal creation scaling from his champion could still work.

Okay then. Btw should Hades have infinite range due to absolute control of underworld ?
  • If think more contexts from posted supportive evidence are needed before infinite range is valid.

That comes from Hades' arms reaching out into the surface world right? Since in GoW you can simply reach the Underworld just by digging down or anything like it.

So if the Underworld and Mortal World are truly separate dimensions, then characters like Zeus and Hades should get Dimensional Travel and Interdimensional Range for being able to make their own portals between the realms and travel between them (And in Hades case I'm pretty sure there's instances of him simply just teleporting between the realms).

Anyway I'll add all the stuff in the OP as well as the Portal Creation and Intangibility scaling from his champions since that was all accepted including from two staff members.

Back