• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hacking power.

I looked at this page and noticed that it described several different types of it but doesn't list them like other pages do so I think that should be fixed. I have an idea for what such a list could look like Link to page https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hacking

Type 1 maned computer hacking: the standard realistic form of hacking a man trying to find the password. Largely requires prior knowledge The weakest type

Type 2 computer hacking: this is a computer attempting to find another computer's password this is a much more powerful type of hacking that may get the results with no prior knowledge given time or a powerful enough processor depending on it's target.

Type 3 malware: a file on the inside of the device altering it from there. Must first be implemented somehow.

Note: these first 3 may just be grouped together as *realistic hacking* as they all come from the real world.

Type 4 Movie hacker: (ok not sure what to call this one other then this) a hacker from a movie or less realistic median. The stereotype of wearing all black and having several keyboards in front of you. They can seemingly hack what should be the most secure facilitys on the planet without much trouble with the computer code infont of them that only the computer should be seeing. and there for should be more effective than even most real world computers.(neat examples is who ever is in the image on the page)

Type 5 Nano bots: these go inside a computer and physically change the positives to negatives making any coding security useless. Only some from of Nano bot defense could protect from them.

Type 6 Mind hacking: crosses over with mind manipulation but is usually done with some from of machine.

Type 7 realty hacking: a from of reality warping. Is really only hacking because the place it comes from calls it that.

Differentiating between the first 3 seems like unnecessary pedanticism to me. If it comes up in a thread for whatever reason, it'll get resolved there.

I don't think you can really give unrealistic hacking it's own category, sorry.

Nanotechnology already have a page.

Mind Manipulation already has a page, and it being done by/with a machine isn't really relevant.

Reality Warping already has a page. Just because a verse names something differently does not mean it gets a unique power. What you could do is say "can hack the fabric of reality and alter it to their whim" while linking to reality warping.

The page in fact calls the realty warping and mind manipulation applications of hacking currently. (Why do you think I was throwing shade in the reality warping one if it was my idea?)

I should clarify I was simply trying to give types to a page that described them but didn't list them

Realistic hacking probably wouldn't fit too well into that category, but a lot of fictional "hacking" probably is.

Wokistan said:
Realistic hacking probably wouldn't fit too well into that category, but a lot of fictional "hacking" probably is.
Wokistan. Have you looked at the actual hacking page? It's a bit of a mess which is why I made this.

@dragon so do you just think the page should be deleted and hacking should just be a ability on that page?

It should be fine as is. It is just that when mentioned on a file, the type of hacking (if it's special) should be detailed.

Back