• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gwenpool West Coast Avengers Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwenpool in West Coast Avengers should have a separate key or its own page. Different writers so different rules, the Gwenpool page I created was based solely on Christopher Hastings's Gwenpool. I disagree on compositing the two Gwenpool's and severely disagree on putting the words "Formerly" onto her Gutter Space powers when profiles are supposed to be the characters at their strongest for each respective key. For example, Wally West didn't get his page nerfed during some of the recent chapters of Rebirth when he was temporarily nerf and gained heart attacks if he used his speed too much. Moreover, the key for Gwenpool using Gutter Space is future Gwenpool, be it Adult Gwen or Evil Gwen, that takes place after West Coast Avengers.

Spartan1204 said:
Gwenpool in West Coast Avengers should have a separate key or its own page. Different writers so different rules, the Gwenpool page I created was based solely on Christopher Hastings's Gwenpool.
Nope, we are not separeting a character in versions based on different writters. Is complety unnecesary.

It should at least be a separate key or the nerfs shouldn't be considered. Gwenpool's page should be Gwenpool at her strongest like any character page, not Gwenpool nerfed at some random point in her life.

It's not that there are "different writers, different rules", the two characters have completely different skillset and power level than the other. Current version of Gwenpool has the bare minimum of her powerset as of now.

I think that we do not have enough information to validate a new key though, as Hastings' current version is similiar to the Pre-Awakening Gwen.

Also the timeline is a huge inconsistency, as Gwen does reference the fact that she possessed Gutter Space before in multiple dialogues from her.

Also you ripped off my title

Either way, a character page is supposed to be the character at their strongest for each respective key, not nerfed state, because that's what a vs discussion is all about, taking characters at their strongest and having them fight.

The second key is supposed to be Gwenpool when she has full control of her powers. Weather Report's Heavy Weather key isn't affected by Weather Report dying or losing control of its potential so neither should Post Awakening Gwenpool's key.

And what about Funny Valentine D4C Love Train. Funny Valentine eventually loses control of love train, yet we can still use his Love Train key for vs discussion and we are not bounded by the later states of the character.

I suppose that it might be an idea with an extra key, in lack of better options.

@Newendigo Kratos gets a new key for God of War 4 even though its the same writers. West Coast Avengers is a soft reboot of Gwenpool as established here like God of War 4 is to Kratos and should be treated as such.

I forced myself through reading the godforsaken West Coast Avengers, it's heavily implying Gwenpool will get back her powers and that why she lost them will somehow integrate into the plot

These are the changes I propose.

Keys: Pre Awakening, Post Awakening, West Coast Avengers

Or

Keys: Pre Awakening, Post Awakening with the addition to Gwenpool's weaknesses how she can lose her powers similar to Funny Valentine's Love Train weakness section.

Remove any "Formerly" because the Post Awakening key is supposed to be Gwenpool at full control of her Gutter Space powers.

Naming it West Coast Avengers is silly. Just call it Rebooted or something similiar, as it mirrors what Gwenpool describes her current state as

I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back