• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comics Avengers Team File

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is mostly an FYI type of thread, save for last part.

I'm working on the Avengers page but encountered the issue of it having many prominent line-ups across its history, and thus have decided to tackle it like this: splitting the files by decade, so we have files as Avengers (1960s), (1970s), (1980s) and so forth. We're averaging 5-8 keys per decade as is.

Additionally we're discounting keys for offshoot teams like Mighty Avengers, Secret Avengers, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Dark Avengers, West Coast Avengers, New Avengers, Great Lakes Avengers, 10,000,000,000 B.C. Avengers, 1950s Avengers and Avengers Unity Division. All of these groups are mostly treated as separate rosters to mainline Avengers, and have their own roster shifts that can be accounted for in their own file. Similarly I'm not listing reserve members as legitimate ones, although I'll likely mention them in a note, as an acknowledgement. Certain Avengers iterations can technically summon them as well.

This is all to be done overtime, Rome wasn't built in a day, neither would a 60 year old team.

Also I'm suggesting that comics team files follow the same notability criteria formula, EXCEPT, have it be 50 issues of appearance instead of 20. Reason for this is, team files' number can inflate far quicker than any other file on the wiki, as there are many redundant alliances within comic books. So their burden should be significantly higher.

Last edited:
Sure, seems agreeable.

RiP dark avengers team page

although, I was wondering, teams like new avengers sort of changed their rooster too often and/or gets relaunched slightly differently, how do we treat that? Does each incarnation need to be 50 issues or...?

Also I'm suggesting that comics team files follow the same formula, EXCEPT, have it be 50 issues of appearance instead of 20.
Ngl i would suggest more than 50, but thst may be to unreasonable for even comic teams.

new avengers sort of changed their rooster too often and/or gets rela
My suggestion would be that just list people who have been part of that team for 25 or more issues or something.

although, I was wondering, teams like new avengers sort of changed their rooster too often and/or gets relaunched slightly differently, how do we treat that? Does each incarnation need to be 50 issues or...?
Nah, it's the same standards as keys, approx 15 issues per incarnation

If a dude hangs around in the team for an year solid he deserves to be listed imo.

This seems fine to me as well, but maybe the most prominent different iterations should be split to different pages that are linked to each other via a top navigation template in order to not cram too many statistics keys into a small amount of space?

This seems fine to me as well, but maybe the most prominent different iterations should be split to different pages that are linked to each other via a top navigation template in order to not cram too many statistics keys into a small amount of space?
The decade split in files as said, prevents that. So should be good.

Okay then. Does "files" mean "pages" here?

Okay. Then it is obviously perfectly fine.

Back