• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Terrible ******' thread title

Not much there to say about this, so let’s just get straight into the meat of this absolute clusterfuck.

Calculations

Simply put they’re a mess. Most of the calculations linked on the verse page are on Narutoforums, which I don’t think we necessarily have a rule against but I would imagine would be heavily discouraged at this point. Not only that, but the majority of the links (as in, all but one of them) ended up as dead ends when I clicked on them, with only one still working properly.

Furthermore our own in-house calcs if you want to call them that, suffer their own problems as well. In this blog by Kep every single image links me to a dead end. Now admittedly both of these may be problems on my end, but regardless I’d like to see an actual amount of VS-located calcs on these profiles, and really a redo wouldn’t harm at this point considering how old some of these are.

And to top it all off, no verse page calc links. At all.

Speed

By Jove this is probably the worst issue in the entire verse. Firstly, Immeasurable speed in this instance simply isn’t a thing. Attacks, even in the highest possibly off the rocker sections of the series, including the final Super Tengen Toppa fight clearly still take time to pull off. Some characters like Yoko even having Immeasurable reactions in their FIRST key is also downright laughable.

This rating needs to be axed entirely. Apparently, it WAS supposed to be axed. But no one came around to it. So we’re doing this now. Also, while this ties into the first issue, most of the speed calcs in the verse fall underneath the category of “no longer available”, again at least from my end.

Abilities

As you might’ve observed for some time now, the state of these profiles’ P&A is an absolute mess, with wording and classifications that stopped being used in the wiki years back, and have nonetheless remained for some reason. As you might imagine, these need a severe restructuring. I would recommend looking at this profile for a basic idea on what the rest of the verse has to have, albeit it still has flaws, namely my next point:
Invincibility. There is no reason for this power to be here, as none of the characters in the series fall underneath it’s definition. You could make a case for Mugann having it against non-Spiral powered attacks, but that is pretty weak when you consider it’s forcefield based and also it’s overcome anyway through some means of technology later. Simply put it should not be here.

Lifting Strength

This is a problem I noticed relatively recently that extends throughout the entire verse. Not only are there no calcs for this particular segment of the verse, but the few ratings that do exist extrapolating from the size of the mechas are ****** as well.
For instance, Gurren Lagann’s first key scales to Viral in Enkidu. It says that GL gets Class M lifting strength from this…even though, on Viral’s page, his mech has…Class…T. And this is not an isolated incident either. It’s rife within the pages. Obviously it needs to be changed.

Intelligence, Stamina and Range
As to be expected from an older verse like this, the stamina and intelligence sections are antiquated, particularly the intelligence part. Not much to say about this part other than obviously it needs to be fixed as well.

Range suffers much the same problem as lifting strength and speed, in that it’s based on the assumption that TTGL and assorted mechs that scale off it have higher dimensional range because of their AP when that is clearly not the case at all. This obviously also needs to be fixed.

Lagann

Where to begin with this little bastard. Well, let’s start at the fact that it’s a varies tier up to High 6-A, despite Gurren Lagann having it’s own very clearly shown progression in it’s profile. Beyond that it really emphasizes all the problems faced already by the rest of the verse already spoken about above.

Mech profiles and Simon

This one is real simple. You see a lot of the profiles for the different Gurren Lagann forms. Problem is, they’re also all on Simon’s profile, which could theoretically function as more detailed looks at each Lagann from Simon’s profile but they just…don’t. So this has to be done either one of two ways:

Delete all the Gurren Lagann profiles and just fix Simon page, making it similar to the other ones in the verse, like Nia, Yoko and Viral.
OR, delete all the Gurren Lagann stuff from Simon’s page, leave the other profiles intact and remove the Gunmen keys from the other character pages.
If someone wants to argue for a third option I’d be all for it, but as it stands Simon’s page is an absolute mess and the way we treat him reflects the treatment of the rest of the verse.

Scaling

Simply put, it’s a mess (hey I’m noticing a trend here). Beyond the problem with Viral I pointed up in lifting strength, most mechs being based on GL’s AP while being nowhere near as strong, is a real problem. As is the problem of scaling the Space Gunmen to Arc Gurren Lagann. Remember, one of the most important things about this verse is that the power comes from the pilots, not the mechs.

A bigger mech just means a bigger conduit for Spiral Power and although Space Gunmen are stated to be similar in size and power to the Arc we still can’t reliably scale them. The only one of them who would scale is possibly Space King Kittan, and that’s a very big possibly.

Post-apotheosis scaling

Basically, we should scale the Arc and Super Galaxy Gurren Laganns to the Super Granzeboma. Why? Well they outright halt the movement of it’s drill even as it breaks through that of the STTGL and the TTGL so obviously they’re not significantly weaker. And also it’s made plenty clear that each Gurren Lagann contributed in that final attack. Furthermore, as we just established, the power of a mech is dependent on it’s pilot, not the mech itself, with bigger and bigger ones once again acting more like bigger conduits. So, since Gurren Lagann itself is of comparable enough power to the Super Granzeboma, the Arc and Super Galaxy should also be.

Conclusions

This shit whack yo. And it’s gonna take a lot of time and effort to fix. Thankfully the 40k revisions are on hold until Siege of Terra ends, which will probably be around the time of the heat death of the universe. Needless to say I presume I have some time if this is accepted. If there are any more issues I forgot to mention, feel free to bring them up.

You know in an inspector calls the quotation “by Jove” could be seen as attempting to indicate greater class and education of the person speaking it than the person who -in attempting to express the exact same response- said “By Jingo”, a reference to a nationalist song released in 1878.

Yeah, i agree. The problem with dead links isn't only in your end either. We should get all the feats recalced.

Lagann

Where to begin with this little bastard. Well, let’s start at the fact that it’s a varies tier up to High 6-A, despite Gurren Lagann having it’s own very clearly shown progression in it’s profile. Beyond that it really emphasizes all the problems faced already by the rest of the verse already spoken about above.
Thing is, Lagann started at the beginning of the serie as severally weaker than normal size gunman, but by the end it overpowered Lordgenome's gunman and even fought against him

so imo, a varies rating is justified

Yes, and we could develop keys for that rather than leave it at a "Varies" that clarifies nothing.

Also Lagann yeeted that giant Gunmen on the first episode.

well, then we'd need to add a key for End Pre-Timeskip Simon.

Anyway, i agree with the other changes [and option 1, having separate gl pages doesn't make sense when they depend on the Spiral of Simon for their stats]

Though, i disagree with the range removal, as the ttgl is composed of a Super Spiral Universe and the sttgl is composed of several, which gives them High Complex Multiversal range via sheer size

I mean

If it's compressed does it really count? We know TTGL and STTGL are not that big, and I know that's not the only way to get range of a specific type but I really don't think we're dealing with it here.

Mind if i ask why you are sure they can't be that big ? if it's becausee they are shown comparble to galaxies, the battle between ttgl and grandbozoa took place in 11-D space so those were 11-D size galaxies

Last edited:
Because doesn't feel like it obeys that particular part of the implications of them being 10 to 11-D? Like, yeah, they are, but at the same time they're not necessarily fighting on a plane that reflects that? When we see the universe ending Giga Drill Break battle at the climax we're still seeing a universe sized object, not something bigger.

Although I'd prefer if we got someone who actually knows this stuff on the matter.

I remember wanting to get a calc on the gunman on the first episode so I could actually get a rating for Lagann but ugh

Other supporters made me want to die so I just sorta left it to the whims of fate

Well good thing recalcing everything now is going to make you want to die instead.

Because doesn't feel like it obeys that particular part of the implications of them being 10 to 11-D? Like, yeah, they are, but at the same time they're not necessarily fighting on a plane that reflects that? When we see the universe ending Giga Drill Break battle at the climax we're still seeing a universe sized object, not something bigger.

Although I'd prefer if we got someone who actually knows this stuff on the matter.
An universe size objected when compared to an 11-D size universe

also, i know this stuff

Not that. Your knowledge on tier 1 and how it pertains to everything, not your knowledge of the series. Also you haven't even seen Parallel Works or the first movie? ******* scrub.

The first movie is litterally impossible to find and the Parralel Works aren't canon minus the one where Lordgenome goes bazinga on the spiral fleet

The first movie is litterally impossible to find and the Parralel Works aren't canon minus the one where Lordgenome goes bazinga on the spiral fleet
Then explain how I found it THOT

Also, should I remove all of the derailing posts above?

Even though I watched and enjoyed TTGL I'm not interested in discussing its indexing, sorry.

Nah, its harmless fun.

Anyways, I agree with this. Also, just a question if you don't mind me asking, but I have heard there was a discussion about downgrading Gurren and other H1C's to Low 2-C, was that downgrade rejected or scrapped?

Yeah, this makes sense to me, I never once understood why every form of Gurren Lagann needed it’s own profile separate from Simon, either move all the mechs to just his profile or have one Gurren Lagann Profile that has all the forms, the rest I agree with

I remember the Immeasurable speed stuff was discussed during the forum move, and I recall some Massively FTL+ calc to replace all of those. I also have trouble with the links and getting dead redirects. Which is why a lot of those images should be moved to Imgur or Gyazo. I don't got much to say on the rest ATM.

But we still require someone willing to recalc these feats.

Yeah, nuke Immesurable, that's plain wrong. I would rather delete the Gunmen profiles and add their info to Simon's, that seems more consistent and practical. I also agree with the rest, of course, but I had strong opinions regarding those points.
Anyways, I agree with this. Also, just a question if you don't mind me asking, but I have heard there was a discussion about downgrading Gurren and other H1C's to Low 2-C, was that downgrade rejected or scrapped?
Even if Tier 1 wasn't legit, they would be 2-A.

Honestly we should just fuse all of the various Lagann and Gurren stuff into one profile. That way we don't have different stuff for Arch-Gurren Lagann or STTGL.

Also yeah, Immeasurable was supposed to be nuked and replaced with "X speed, Immeasurable with Y move".

Honestly we should just fuse all of the various Lagann and Gurren stuff into one profile. That way we don't have different stuff for Arch-Gurren Lagann or STTGL.

Also yeah, Immeasurable was supposed to be nuked and replaced with "X speed, Immeasurable with Y move".
How so with what move now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back