• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Vs. Pikachu

Bobsican

He/Him
As GV won the Pichu match mainly because Pichu was simply more stupid and lacked skill with his powers, I think this match can be done considering the powers of both characters are also notably different enought for this to deserve its own thread.

Both at 8-A, speed equalized, Pikachu has Static.

The Electric Mouse

The Azure Striker

Pikachu
Pika Pikachu!

Gunvolt2
Another electric guy?

Gunvolt is 120 tons right? Cause Pikachu is 717 tons, and can absorb + nullify all electric attacks. All Pokemon can hit intangibles, so that doesn't help Gunvolt. Unlike Pichu, Pikachu is a decently skilled combatant, and seems to outrange Gunvolt by a fair bit. Sure Gunvolt can absorb electricity too, but with all of their other advantages cancelled out it seems like Pikachu's AP, speed amps, range and status effects vs Gunvolt's skill, prevasion and ig regen. And to me, Pikachu's advantages seem to be bigger.

GyroNutz said:
Gunvolt is 120 tons right? Cause Pikachu is 717 tons, and can absorb + nullify all electric attacks. All Pokemon can hit intangibles, so that doesn't help Gunvolt. Unlike Pichu, Pikachu is a decently skilled combatant, and seems to outrange Gunvolt by a fair bit. Sure Gunvolt can absorb electricity too, but with all of their other advantages cancelled out it seems like Pikachu's AP, speed amps, range and status effects vs Gunvolt's skill, prevasion and ig regen. And to me, Pikachu's advantages seem to be bigger.
1: Pikachu can only do that with his hidden ability, and he starts with his regular ability (Static) by default and to keep this balanced.

2: Intangibility is getting a revision in Pokémon´s part, and it doesn´t help against elemental intangibility in particular anyways.

3: Speed equalized renders speed enhancements null to my knowledge.

The only way Pikachu has to bypass the Prevasion is like how Pichu had, by using omnidirectional electric attacks like Asimov (aka, Volt Tackle and Discharge).

Pikachu covers himself in electricity, which he can use somewhat like Asimov did with his Flashfield.

Bobsican said:
Pikachu covers himself in electricity, which he can use somewhat like Asimov did with his Flashfield.
That is not how Omnidirectional attacks works, Volt Tackle only targets one guy

No, by omnidirectional, I meant more like covering the entire user as the main area of effect.

BTW, if Pikachu can't hit Gunvolt in his intangibility, then he take this with easy, since the guy can stay Intagible as long as he wants

Drite77 said:
BTW, if Pikachu can't hit Gunvolt in his intangibility, then he take this with easy, since the guy can stay Intagible as long as he wants
He actually is pasively with that, by the way.

Can't Pokemon attack Rotom, which is made of Plasma? Well when its in its normal form, it loses it Ghost-type and Plasma body when its possessing one of the machines. Their is also Gastly which is made out of gaseous matter and can also be harmed by Pikachu's non-normal attacks.

Bobsican said:
1: Pikachu can only do that with his hidden ability, and he starts with his regular ability (Static) by default and to keep this balanced.

2: Intangibility is getting a revision in Pokémon´s part, and it doesn´t help against elemental intangibility in particular anyways.

3: Speed equalized renders speed enhancements null to my knowledge.
1. This is not a rule. If you want to say that Pikachu specifically only has Static then mention that in the OP.

2. I'm aware and am following the thread. There's overwhelming evidence that Pokemon can affect ghosts + intangibles with non normal/fighting moves. Furthermore, non-physical interaction that can interact with beings that aren't physically there is objectively superior to non-physical interaction that can affect beings that are physically there but just aren't solid. Not that it matters, since Pokemon can consistently harm other Pokemon like Slugma (made purely of lava), Gastly (made purely of gas), Rotom (made of plasma) etc.

3. This is false.

Prevasion seems to work like detect, sorta. It fails if used in succession multiple times. I also doubt it'd help much against overwhelming speed amps like quick attack

1: Very well.

2: It´s also suggested that ghost types are simply intangible to norma and fighting type moves, not being actually invulnerable to conventional elemental attacks.

Heck, even they are affected by Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.

3: Fine then.

4: Prevasion is different, it basically allows him to "phase" across attacks, and while being Anthem´d, it lasts an undefined amount of time thanks to how Joule supports him, simply enhancing his powers to get to such.

And it´s passive, again (activating automatically, to be clear), meaning that just hitting him before he reacts won´t do it.

How do we treat Pokemon with mutliple abilities again? Does the battles normally allow all their abilities and thus restricting one is like restricting any other thing in a battle?

Bobsican said:
2: It´s also suggested that ghost types are simply intangible to norma and fighting type moves, not being actually invulnerable to conventional elemental attacks.

Heck, even they are affected by Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.
This was covered + debunked a lot in that revision thread. If ghosts could choose which attacks they were intangible to, it would make no sense that they'd only choose to be intangible to normal and fighting attacks. Not to mention that some ghost types are literal ghosts, and have been seen phasing through walls in the anime + mystery dungeon, and can even be attacked mid-phasing in mystery dungeon.

Point is, affecting someone with that much evidence of being intangible isn't an antifeat for their intangibility; it's a feat for the person affecting them.

There are two types of attacks that Ghosts are intangible to. Every other type their fully tangible to. I think that means the consistancy leans more towards them being tangible. Even if Pokemon can hit ghosts, then that's just how ghosts work in the Pokemon universe, not NPI for all Pokemon.

Anyway, hitting ghosts =/= hitting electrons

Rotom is made of Plasma, as in when its in normal form it is always plasma aka always intangible so any non-Normal or FIghting move can attack plasma as well as gas and lava, based off Rotom, Gastly, and Slugma always being made of those elements even when Pikachu hits them with Iron Tail or Thunderbolt.

Well it was never fair considering pretty much everything Gunvolt does is electric so it would have been stomp probably if Pikachu had Lightning Rod even if Pikachu didn't have Non-physcial Interaction.

Yeah. Anyway, Insert three paragraph summary of how much I dislike Pokemon in Vs Devating and think it's a wanked series especially since 99% of vs threads with Pokemon are impossible since they have more then 4 moves and more then 1 ability and how we act like their genius battle stradegists in every fight

Anyway, what do Wild Pikachu generally use in character?

Everything12 said:
How do we treat Pokemon with mutliple abilities again? Does the battles normally allow all their abilities and thus restricting one is like restricting any other thing in a battle?
Normally the "normal ability" is used by default, and normal abilities and hidden abilities can´t be stacked, meaning that Pikachu can only have either Static or Lightning Rod, and this thread already specified for Static anyways.

How strong is Gunvolts electric absorption, because I'm pretty sure Discharge is Pikachu's only way to get past Pervasion, though if Pikachu can do enough damage with Discharge then I think it will win.

Everything12 said:
How strong is Gunvolts electric absorption, because I'm pretty sure Discharge is Pikachu's only way to get past Pervasion, though if Pikachu can do enough damage with Discharge then I think it will win.
He simply pasivelly absorbs electric currents to recharge his EP that aren´t like Discharge or Volt Tackle from Copen, who is comparable to him

So Omnidirectional attacks works? Also, since Thunderbolt is Pikachu go to move, i think that seeing that Gunvolt is immune and can use electricity, he might try to use his normal effective moves against him, so problaby he will avoid using Electric moves, Iron Tail and Surf

Prevasion actually doesn´t work against water, in fact, it disables it for a while should Gunvolt use the Flashfield while being filled with water, so Surf is actually a good option. Note that he can just float over it, then again.

My point is that Pikachu will avoid using these moves if he think that Gunvolt is a pokémon, or a human with Pokémon powers, and like, Surf is problaby one of the last moves that Pikachu would use in a normal battle

Pikachu also has Encore, Wish, Charm, Sweet Kiss and Nasty Plot to limit Gunvolt´s options, by the way.

Ummmm, Wish and Nasty Plot don't really limit Gunvolt's options, i think, they just help Pikachu here

They can force Gunvolt to start leading with his best moves, which can leave him vulnerable to Surf

Back