• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Vs. Pikachu

Wish is cool, but kinda slow, and Surf is to out of character for a wild Pikachu to use, though Nasty Plot is problaby a good Option if Pikachu sees that his opponent is weaker than a normal pokémon

Yeah. Fighting and Normal will still be prevaded since they don't have NPI.

I might add GV has experience fighting other electricity users. Not only that, but the one he fought also had powernull galore.

ÔÇÿthe one he fought'

Pikachu has a lot more experience than that against electric types.

Eh, i can't choose a side here, for one, Gunvolt has intangibility and is immune to other electric attack, for the other, Pikachu can one shot after a NP boost, and he can hit him with Surf, though PIkachu barely uses Surf in battle, i think

Does Gunvolt's absorption work against electric attacks far stronger than him? We're talking almost 6x stronger, with a far bigger gap after nasty plot amps

I'll chip in later, but I need to clarify that Gunvolt is capable of Prevading Asimov's Flashfield, but he can't absorb it, but at the same time in GV2, he was able to Absorb Copen's Stellar Spark, so to be in the safe side, I'd say GV can absorb weaker electrical attacks, which means Pikachu should hit him without Prevasion. I've tested that. Water attacks do work, but it's quite inconsistent WHICH types of water attacks work. Milas's Stage (Water Adept) is an example, his fully body water tornadoes cover GV's whole body, yet don't affect or even trigger Prevasion, concentrated water splashes don't effect Prevasion either, but trigger it. Prevasion was only bypassed by specific water lasers. Very odd and inconsistent

Yeah, I really only ever got hit with Asimov's flashfield when he hit me with Power Grab.

The water splashes seem like a game mechanic, since their so inconsistant with everything else. Simply being submurged in water isn't enough to break Gunvolt's powers, he needs to use them while in water. It needs to be a considerable amount, as well.

I suppose he is, but combine a massive AP disadvantage with Pikachu's resistance and Pikachu might as well be immune to GV's attacks.

I said might as well. Gunvolt's prevasion and Pikachu recharging it constantly with electric attacks will help GV a lot, though.

So...

1) Gunvolt can stay intangible but Pikachu can hit Gunvolt anyway.

2) 717/158 is not a stomp in AP.

Pikachu for my reasons and any RA

Oh further thought... Gunvolt knows very well that he's practically invincible with Prevasion. His intangibility is different then the intangibility of ghost Pokemon. GV turns into electrons, something that Pikachu cannot hit.

Double team is an issue, but Gunvolt is used to fighting several people at once as well as illusions. Toxic requires Pikachu to hit it and Pikachu probably wouldn't use it IC. GV just absorbs Nuzzle. The chances of Pikachu having Hidden Power Water are so low that it's a non-factor. As for attract, Pikachu are Male most of the time. Also Gunvolt is so oblivious to love that someone could propose in frount of him and he'd ask why their kneeling

Prevasion is OP as hecc

Rotom is made of Plasma and it can be hitted by other mons... unless, in this scenario, that is not allowed. HP Water is uncommon, but Pikachu have Surf. When he notices that neither his Electric types and Normal moves are not affecting Gunvolt, he will try his other moves, like Iron Tail, Fly (Not that likely) and Surf. Pikachu can't even use Toxic due to being a TM move

Rotom being made of Plasma and being able to be hit is just the developers not understanding the implications of what being made of plasma means. No different then microchips powered by black holes. Even normal humans are commonly able to touch Rotom in the Anime, while this is not the case with ghosts that arn't posessing things.

Surf is special events only and is dubiously canon at best. Same with Fly.

Event Moves are allowed here. The only not allowed are TM/HM and Tutor Moves. Even then, they can still hit mons that used Acid Armor, a move that liquifies the user's body. There also the fact that they can hit lava and sludge mons, in the form of Slugma and Muk/Grimer respective

I think if TM and Tutor moves are banned Event moves would be banned, too.

Hitting liquid =/= hitting literal fractions of atoms

Bobsican said:
Normally the "normal ability" is used by default, and normal abilities and hidden abilities can´t be stacked, meaning that Pikachu can only have either Static or Lightning Rod, and this thread already specified for Static anyways.
If this is true then lots of threads should be redone because that's not how people usually treat the Pokemon abilities.

As of now Event moves are allowed. Don't both count as Elemental Intangibility? Even then, Rotom is still an example that mons can those type of beings, and the humans on the anime are shown to be way different from us IRL, being more powerfull, somce even have powers

Punch water. Now punch a wall socket. Do not actually do that second one, just trust me, they are very different experiences.

Humans in Pokemon can't punch electricity, but they can touch Rotom. I rest my case.

Actually, it depends on the form that they are interacting with, some of his forms are not intangible, since he is possessing some object, like the Pokedex or a Wash Machine

Back