• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gungrave: Small Ability proposals

Alright, since I've finally gotten back on my PC this can be done easier (I hope). Gungrave is a great game series, yet is lacking (Thank you Armorchompy for getting into it). For now, I wanna propose some abilities for Grave, and also for the rest of the Overdose cast.

Supernatural Willpower
This should be easy. Even after having almost all of his blood blasted out of him from taking a Centerhead shot from Fangoram, Grave through sheer willpower was able to get back up. This is important, as blood is the essence of Grave's life, moreso than regular humans, as it's the stuff that can actually keep his body running without reverting him back to his dead state.

Empowerment
Not sure if this is the right ability, but this is a bit less certain than the above proposition. As noted above, Grave was one shot by Fangoram in their first encounter without being able to put up a fight. Yet, later in the game, Grave is able to have a fully fledged battle with the hulking Deadman without being one shot. This battle takes place after Grave wills himself back up, so I think that would add more credence.

Statistics Amplification
This should probably be the most obvious, and it applies not only to Grave, but also Rocketbilly and Juji. After
seeing Spike die in front of their eye's
, all 3 charge their abilities faster and gain a change in appearance. Grave's hair rises, Juji's flame's become blue and his mask is gone, and Rocketbilly.... loses his shirt. It also appears that their powers are enhanced, as seen by the glows.

This is my first crt, and it has to be on an obscure verse....

it's the stuff that can actually keep his body running without reverting him back to his dead state.
I would say all of that applies to living people too

Seems fine tho
Not sure if this is the right ability, but this is a bit less certain than the above proposition. As noted above, Grave was one shot by Fangoram in their first encounter without being able to put up a fight. Yet, later in the game, Grave is able to have a fully fledged battle with the hulking Deadman without being one shot. This battle takes place after Grave wills himself back up, so I think that would add more credence.
I'm not sure about this because the gun was emphasized as being what dealt so much damage to Grave, so as long as he dodges it I don't think there's necessarily any implication he can't keep up. Obviously he can tank it a bit in game but I wouldn't necessarily take that as 1 to 1 with the cutscenes.
This should probably be the most obvious, and it applies not only to Grave, but also Rocketbilly and Juji. After
seeing Spike die in front of their eye's
, all 3 charge their abilities faster and gain a change in appearance. Grave's hair rises, Juji's flame's become blue and his mask is gone, and Rocketbilly.... loses his shirt. It also appears that their powers are enhanced, as seen by the glows.
This seems fine but I'd consider it Empowerment, since it's not necessarily permanent. it'd be Rage Power but Ant deleted the power

I would say all of that applies to living people too

Seems fine tho

I'm not sure about this because the gun was emphasized as being what dealt so much damage to Grave, so as long as he dodges it I don't think there's necessarily any implication he can't keep up. Obviously he can tank it a bit in game but I wouldn't necessarily take that as 1 to 1 with the cutscenes.
Well, there's more evidence to support it, in Gungrave G.O.R.E. In the final fight, Grave faces Who Knows Who and gets his ass kicked, and is basically out of it. Only upon having Mika short his name and crying over his body does Grave violently wake up, and actually contends with Who Knows Who.
This seems fine but I'd consider it Empowerment, since it's not necessarily permanent. it'd be Rage Power but Ant deleted the power
yeah I was looking for it and it was gone

Isn't there some type of deconstruction in the anime where the enemy's that grave kills turn into dust or something?

Starts at 34 secs, visually seems like deconstruction to be as they're being reduced to dust after being shot. I'll have to double check what's going on just to be safe tho.
Yeah those are the bullets that are meant to put Deadmen and Superiors. When hit they just shatter, same thing was happening to Grave at the end of the anime.

I know the stuff appears before the later half of the anime, before we see the actual Gungrave stuff, so it can apply there as G.O.R.E makes everything up to Brandon Heat's death canon. Yet, anything after that I'm not sure if it should be used, as G.O.R.E again takes the plot from the games in the recap.

I'd say minor deconstruction if it only works on certain types of foes
Well, there's more evidence to support it, in Gungrave G.O.R.E. In the final fight, Grave faces Who Knows Who and gets his ass kicked, and is basically out of it. Only upon having Mika short his name and crying over his body does Grave violently wake up, and actually contends with Who Knows Who.
might be more worthwhile then

The emphasis that it works "really well on dead bodies" does make me think it'd be less effective on living tissue, also that's bio manip by the explanation.

Was the guy in the second scan living?

The emphasis that it works "really well on dead bodies" does make me think it'd be less effective on living tissue, also that's bio manip by the explanation.

Was the guy in the second scan living?
If you're referring to Ballabird Lee, no. He would be a superior, different than what would be a Deadman, and are Orgmen who retain their intelligence. Something like that.

Ok so this counts as a bump and a formatting of the abilities.

GRAVE
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Grave initially gains a red aura while his eyes go white, his hair stands up, his attacks start charging faster, and his Demolition Shot gains a yellow aura<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Supernatural Willpower (Despite having almost all of his blood blasted out of his body after taking a Centerhead shot from Fangoram, which is essential to keep Grave moving and so that he doesn't return to a state of death, Grave was able to get back up and be ready for combat without an immediate blood transfusion from Mika, with Juji explaining that "A Deadman is no different than anyone else, in the end, It's only the strength of our spirit that allows us to go on"<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Empowerment (In their first confrontation, Grave was one shot by Fangoram without being able to put up a fight. However, after eventually pushing himself back up and eventually encountering Fangoram for the 3rd time, Grave was able to hold his own and even take down the other Deadman<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>. When Grave fought Who Knows Who, he ended up getting beaten to the point where he could barely move, before actually becoming unmoving. It was only until Mika held him and cried over his body that Grave violently awakened, gaining a boost in power and actually contending with Who Knows Who<ref name="gg">Gungrave G.O.R.E. (2022)</ref>)

Juji
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Juji initially gains a red aura, his flames become blue while his mask pops off, and his attacks start charging faster<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Rocketbilly Redcadillac
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Rocketbilly initially gains a red aura, his shirt comes off, and his attacks start charging faster<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

mhm

btw for future possible crts, i recall btg had some vehicular mastery feats in the first game i never got around to add in that crt

Ok so this counts as a bump and a formatting of the abilities.

GRAVE
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Grave initially gains a red aura while his eyes go white, his hair stands up, his attacks start charging faster, and his Demolition Shot gains a yellow aura<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Supernatural Willpower (Despite having almost all of his blood blasted out of his body after taking a Centerhead shot from Fangoram, which is essential to keep Grave moving and so that he doesn't return to a state of death, Grave was able to get back up and be ready for combat without an immediate blood transfusion from Mika, with Juji explaining that "A Deadman is no different than anyone else, in the end, It's only the strength of our spirit that allows us to go on"<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Empowerment (In their first confrontation, Grave was one shot by Fangoram without being able to put up a fight. However, after eventually pushing himself back up and eventually encountering Fangoram for the 3rd time, Grave was able to hold his own and even take down the other Deadman<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>. When Grave fought Who Knows Who, he ended up getting beaten to the point where he could barely move, before actually becoming unmoving. It was only until Mika held him and cried over his body that Grave violently awakened, gaining a boost in power and actually contending with Who Knows Who<ref name="gg">Gungrave G.O.R.E. (2022)</ref>)

Juji
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Juji initially gains a red aura, his flames become blue while his mask pops off, and his attacks start charging faster<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)

Rocketbilly Redcadillac
Rage Power (When greatly angered, such as when seeing Spike die, Rocketbilly initially gains a red aura, his shirt comes off, and his attacks start charging faster<ref name="go">Gungrave Overdose (2004)</ref>)
Bump

Back