• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deadman Fights a Skeleton: Beyond the Grave vs Sans

Well the information is indeed helpful.
He can but he needs to react fast if he is inside those for a few seconds I am sorry but GG
And I do feel like he could react in time, and by react I mean shoot the place up. I still think the sheer amount of bullets will help, especially when Grave can do stuff like this.

Really, its everything in the first half of the video. Just watch up till 1:55
Holy he is badass, The rocket thing and the spin move might kill sans but I don't see the first attack do it since it took him pretty long to charge up. I think sans wins this but its close

77y467.jpg

The time slow thing? Hmm it might also be a problem but would he use it before others? Sans can also teleport away from the bullets because they get slowed too (?)
Eh, hard to say. Grave has 3 types of Demolition Shot skills (not counting final Demolition Shots), so it would be 1 in 3 odds of using which one? But if he does end up using that skill, I doubt Sans will be able to get enough distance between teleporting depending on range, since not only do the "Of the Grave" skills last for a while, Grave can still cover largwr distances with lunges and strafes.

This would be much easier to argue if I could use G.O.R.E skills where Grave can go "get over here" and grapple his foes closer

Also does the time slow effect count for every Demolition Shot?

I vote sans if that wasn't clear. The danmaku is gonna be a big problem and I see sans winning 6 times out of 10 even if Dead man can use his guns and AoE kind of attacks to kill sans

I vote sans if that wasn't clear. The danmaku is gonna be a big problem and I see sans winning 6 times out of 10 even if Dead man can use his guns and AoE kind of attacks to kill sans
Counted, just wanted to explain Grave since barely anyone knows him, meaning he's at a disadvantage in most matches due to that unrecognition.

would have added earlier but I was busy

Ok so I do think this is a stomp, but actually in Grave's favor. I say this after absorbing more knowledge of Gungrave.

Any one of Grave's Demolition Shots count as Perception Manipulation, and to the point where time is basically at a standstill for him. Adding on to this, Grave missing is very unlikely as he's on the same level of skill as Wolfwood or Livio from Trigun, and his own feats such as when he was Brandon Heat include hitting a target dead on when said target was multiple buildings away, was hidden by a curtain, and when Brandon had no prior knowledge, meaning he knew exactly where the target was without any information. Grave also has a wide range of weaponry, including regen that allows him to recover from hundreds of bullets, multiple homing rockets in his Death Hauler, and more.

Ok so I do think this is a stomp, but actually in Grave's favor. I say this after absorbing more knowledge of Gungrave.

Any one of Grave's Demolition Shots count as Perception Manipulation, and to the point where time is basically at a standstill for him.
He will die before using thaat
Adding on to this, Grave missing is very unlikely as he's on the same level of skill as Wolfwood or Livio from Trigun, and his own feats such as when he was Brandon Heat include hitting a target dead on when said target was multiple buildings away, was hidden by a curtain, and when Brandon had no prior knowledge, meaning he knew exactly where the target was without any information.
That doesnt mean anything. He still has no skills of dodging sans
Grave also has a wide range of weaponry, including regen that allows him to recover from hundreds of bullets, multiple homing rockets in his Death Hauler, and more.
Regen is not appicable as sans destroys the soul

He will die before using thaat
Soul damage is not instant, Grave has time before he re-dies, and its in character for him to start blasting away and using demolition shots
That doesnt mean anything. He still has no skills of dodging sans
Grave can dodge groups upon groups of enemies firing at him, and he contantly moves around while shooting. He isn't going to stay in place and take attacks, especially when he can amp himself to see the world at a near stand-still, including Sans, while maintaining his own speed.
Regen is not appicable as sans destroys the soul
Just listing off what he has

Soul damage is not instant, Grave has time before he re-dies, and its in character for him to start blasting away and using demolition shots
I am not sure if he can pull anything off before dying tbh. Sans kills very fast
Grave can dodge groups upon groups of enemies firing at him, and he contantly moves around while shooting. He isn't going to stay in place and take attacks, especially when he can amp himself to see the world at a near stand-still, including Sans, while maintaining his own speed.
TK and surprise attacks will sit on him sadly.
Just listing off what he has
Well the regen is useless so

I am not sure if he can pull anything off before dying tbh. Sans kills very fast
Grave starts blasting his handguns right away at the start of battle with no time to breath, he will lock onto Sans, and if he's out of sight, Grave will shoot everywhere and everything around himself.
TK and surprise attacks will sit on him sadly.
Surprising the guy who's on the level of skill of Wolfwood and Livio from Trigun (the latter having 2 layers of analytical prediction and some form of precognition), can instantly know where you are without trouble, and can sense ghosts behind him? Not likely.

Though TK may be a problem, it won't instant kill him Immediately, especially when Sans doesn't start off right away with that.

Grave starts blasting his handguns right away at the start of battle with no time to breath, he will lock onto Sans, and if he's out of sight, Grave will shoot everywhere and everything around himself.
Whats stopping sans from...dodging them? He can also just slam him down to stop his mad shooting.
Surprising the guy who's on the level of skill of Wolfwood and Livio from Trigun (the latter having 2 layers of analytical prediction and some form of precognition), can instantly know where you are without trouble, and can sense ghosts behind him? Not likely.
His only enchanded sense is hearing. Sans attacks dont make noise so no he cannot dodge them like that.
especially when Sans doesn't start off right away with that.
Thats his first move-

sans-attack.gif

Whats stopping sans from...dodging them? He can also just slam him down to stop his mad shooting.
The fact that Grave is stupidly skilled and is an expert marksman. He will literally aim better and hit dead on if an enemy dodges. And slamming him down only lasts for a couple of seconds as showcased in Sans' starting move
His only enchanded sense is hearing. Sans attacks dont make noise so no he cannot dodge them like that.
That's completely ignoring everything else Grave has going for him, which are the skill scaling and just knowing where exactly Sans will be. And that's not including how Grave can amp his perception of time to a near stand still, which will leave Sans practically frozen in place
Thats his first move-

sans-attack.gif
I'm gonna be honest that first part is so brief that I forgot-

But besides that one part, which Sans stops almost immediately after and goes for the bones, Grave will have an easy time dodging these attacks

The fact that Grave is stupidly skilled and is an expert marksman. He will literally aim better and hit dead on if an enemy dodges.
Scans-? Sans dodging is very impressive too plus his reactions.
And slamming him down only lasts for a couple of seconds as showcased in Sans' starting move
After he sans slams him down he has to focus on dodging (which I doubt he can or will) or else he is dead.
That's completely ignoring everything else Grave has going for him, which are the skill scaling and just knowing
Lets look at Graves Intelligence in skill.
Intelligence: Gifted
Now Frisk Intelligence
"Intelligence: Gifted
where exactly Sans will be.
Sans is standing in front of him-
And that's not including how Grave can amp his perception of time to a near stand still, which will leave Sans practically frozen in place
Sans can kill him way before he thinks about using it.
But besides that one part, which Sans stops almost immediately after and goes for the bones, Grave will have an easy time dodging these attacks
How? Can I see a scan where he dodges sans level danmaku while shooting while being thrown around without taking more than 1 hit??

Scans-? Sans dodging is very impressive too plus his reactions.
Sure, just give me a couple hours to continue binging the Gungrave anime
After he sans slams him down he has to focus on dodging (which I doubt he can or will) or else he is dead.
Grave, who is the main playable character I the game series all about dodging and constantly shooting, will have difficulty focusing on dodging? The (dead)man constantly moves and shoots in most situations he is in. You can search up any video on YouTube of Gungrave and see the game play to know that you have to constantly move and
Lets look at Graves Intelligence in skill.
Intelligence: Gifted
Now Frisk Intelligence
"Intelligence: Gifted
I don't know what this proves. Two characters can be gifted, while one character between the two can be vastly more gifted.
Sans is standing in front of him-
Grave will know where Sans will be when they arent in front of him
Sans can kill him way before he thinks about using it.
The perception amp comes with every one of Grave's Demolition Shots, which Grave soons opens with. These Demolition shots also usually leave behind aoe.
How? Can I see a scan where he dodges sans level danmaku while shooting while being thrown around without taking more than 1 hit??
If we're going by the first move Sans makes, they don't start off with throwing around the opponent besides that first part, which only lasts for a few seconds. If you want gameplay of Gungrave, search it up, here's a clip.

Though, I will say, aside from being low quality, the player doesn't do Grave justice here, mainly because of old PS2 jank. If you're wondering how and this still isn't enough, Grave can activate "Dawn of the Grave", which includes the aforementioned perception manipulation to slow things down, and then use any of his other Demolition shots which stack with eachother.

Sure, just give me a couple hours to continue binging the Gungrave anime
Sure
Grave, who is the main playable character I the game series all about dodging and constantly shooting, will have difficulty focusing on dodging? The (dead)man constantly moves and shoots in most situations he is in. You can search up any video on YouTube of Gungrave and see the game play to know that you have to constantly move and
I dont think you have a scan of him dodging danmaku on sans level that basically one shot that is also supported with TK and gaster blasters (which are way faster)
I don't know what this proves. Two characters can be gifted, while one character between the two can be vastly more gifted.
Frisk seems to have better bare bone skills but lol
Grave will know where Sans will be when they arent in front of him
Sans doesnt hide?
The perception amp comes with every one of Grave's Demolition Shots, which Grave soons opens with. These Demolition shots also usually leave behind aoe.
Its a passive??
If we're going by the first move Sans makes, they don't start off with throwing around the opponent besides that first part, which only lasts for a few seconds.
Sans slamming will gibe the grave a big damage as its class 25 vs class 1 and sans then just gets the match in his hands
If you want gameplay of Gungrave, search it up, here's a clip.

Though, I will say, aside from being low quality, the player doesn't do Grave justice here, mainly because of old PS2 jank. If you're wondering how and this still isn't enough, Grave can activate "Dawn of the Grave", which includes the aforementioned perception manipulation to slow things down, and then use any of his other Demolition shots which stack with eachother.

I dont see anything stopping sans from radgolling him and spamming his better danmaku ngl.

Make sure after this, you can revise Gungrave due of your knowledge absorb 😤🗿
Maybe....

Really, he should get stuff like accelerated development or something of the like, could probably get an actual height for him by pixelscaling him to his almost 2 foot long guns. Also Gungrave takes place in the Quintuple digit years

Maybe....

Really, he should get stuff like accelerated development or something of the like, could probably get an actual height for him by pixelscaling him to his almost 2 foot long guns. Also Gungrave takes place in the Quintuple digit years
Maybe we can continue after you revise him?

Back