• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Gungrave Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Just a heads up, usually I try to be very knowledgeable in a series before interacting with it on VSBW, this time is the exception, I played the first game (liked it!) and saw some things to add to the profiles which are a bit lackluster, and decided to do it. But I am not familiar with the rest of Gungrave, neither the anime nor Overdrive/GORE. I might check them out eventually but regardless this is a far cry from the deep dives I usually do. With that said, here's the additions.

Just a heads up, usually I try to be very knowledgeable in a series before interacting with it on VSBW, this time is the exception, I played the first game (liked it!) and saw some things to add to the profiles which are a bit lackluster, and decided to do it. But I am not familiar with the rest of Gungrave, neither the anime nor Overdrive/GORE. I might check them out eventually but regardless this is a far cry from the deep dives I usually do. With that said, here's the additions.
I will worship you at your feet

simp-simpleton.gif

I do wanna say, could Grave's perception manipulation stuff be changed to outright time manipulaton? I got the Overdose manual here, where it just explicitly calls it a "slow time attack".

Which is in reference to these attacks
(1:10)
Executioners Blood just before this can also help for acrobatic scans.

Though I do wonder, would Grave need keys for each game? In Overdose is it mentioned that his Death hauler was upgraded giving him new weapons, and I remember a similar thing being mentioned in G.O.R.E

But yeah this all looks clean

I see
I do wanna say, could Grave's perception manipulation stuff be changed to outright time manipulaton? I got the Overdose manual here, where it just explicitly calls it a "slow time attack".
I'm not sure, you could take it to just mean perception stuff (after all the trope is called bullet time) but I guess you could say either.
Executioners Blood just before this can also help for acrobatic scans.
What exact timestamp?
Though I do wonder, would Grave need keys for each game? In Overdose is it mentioned that his Death hauler was upgraded giving him new weapons, and I remember a similar thing being mentioned in G.O.R.E
I couldn't know, although at the minimum you could do separate sub-tabbers for the Hauler

I'm not sure, you could take it to just mean perception stuff (after all the trope is called bullet time) but I guess you could say either.
You could, but I can add some potential evidence if you don't mind Overdose final boss spoilers.
What exact timestamp?
0:55. I'm not on my computer so i can't embed the timestamp into the video.
I couldn't know, although at the minimum you could do separate sub-tabbers for the Hauler
Yeah that sounds neat.

Is true that this shit is from Trigun universe?
Yes, even has the same animals im pretty sure. The years that Gungrave take place in are even in the quintupple digits.
I dunno, would you recommend playing that one? I've heard it's the worst of the three.
Oh it's definitely not the worse. If you enjoyed the first Gungrave without feeling like you needed to take a break, then you'll enjoy Overdose.

Oh yeah, profiles that need to be updated if the stats go through

Looks fine, the time stuff could be labeled as "Possibly" next to Perception, if we decide to feature it anyway.

Yeah, I'll apply this, though I'll leave the time stuff and the tabber splitting for another CRT since I'd rather just write in what I'm relatively knowledgeable about

Alright, done, feel free to let me know if help is needed for the verse in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back