• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 3; Match 10: Vuk vs Beyond The Grave

This is a 10-round Swiss-style tournament!!! (Link to Tournament page)
Round 3; Match 10: Beyond The Grave vs Vuk
🇨🇭 in Geneva of course 🇨🇭
1920px-Geneve_2005_001_Ork.ch.jpg

Match Rules:
  • Speed is equalized
  • All optional equipment is allowed that is up to 9-A
  • Takes place in the center of Gevena at Sunrise
  • 70 meters starting distance
  • No Prep nor Prior Knowledge
  • The city is abandoned for these matches so no outside help
  • BFR, Death Manip, and other passive One-Shot Hax have been mostly banned
  • For more info go to the main Tournament page
CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Vuk (X-Man Film Series)0.1286620377746176 Tons of TNT3
Beyond The Grave (Gungrave)0.05 Tons of TNT0
Inconclusive0

Last edited:
I will say that I'll wait to see what Vuk can do in an explanation post before reposting what Grave can do. BUT, I will say that Grave scales far higher than what's listed for his AP

Vuk just uses dura neg or TK
Like... That's it? Nothing more? Do they at least have any skill?
Vuk too, the scaling chain includes like 2 one-shots
I see. Guess I should post What I've concocted for Grave now that I have finished replaying Gungrave Overdose.

Pissed Off Grave > God Garino > Fangoram and the Center Head >= Post chapter 6 Grave > Deadman Bunji Kugashira = Deadman Sherry Walken-McDowel > Pre Chapter 6 Grave > Merged Millenion big 3 > Superiorized Bunji Kugashira > Second form Bear Walken > First form Bear Walken > casual transformation > 9-A feat.

Grave's Demolition Shots are also much more powerful, seeing as they are special weaponry most of the time, stored in Grave's Death Hauler.

Now for the reposting, with a few edits to correct myself.

"To start off, let me post what exactly Grave can do with his weaponry

(ignore Bunji [the one in the brown coat])

(watch till 2:25 for Grave's section to end)

Now to Grave's skill as a combatant. As Gin puts it, anyone worth a damn in the verse can simply predict their attacks, analyze their weaknesses, and more. This applies to Grave, because Gungrave is in the same verse as Trigun; set on the same planet, just in the past

To further quote Gin, I'm gonna copy paste their original post from the last match (so ignore the mentioning of SlyFox); "Grave should scale above the likes of lower tiered Eye of Michael members (Note: Even these guys can tango with the likes of Vash albeit not for very long.) and should scale to the skill feats of the higher end members such as Livio and Wolfwood. The important part to note being that Livio has 2 layers of Analytical Prediction similarly to Slyfox's (Razlo his other personality has his own unique form of precognition, Livio later learned how to control Razlo and synced up with him allowing him to keep pace with a vastly faster opponent with their own speed amps while using an extremely unorthodox weapon. Said person also has an "anti skill aura." that specifically hinders those more skilled than her and Livio still managed to beat her.)"

When referring to Grave when he was alive as Brandon Heat, one impressive skill he displayed was where after Bunji had been waiting with a sniper rifle to find a target without luck, Brandon walked in, instantly knew where the target was, took the rifle, and shot the target dead on from building away. This is impressive due to the fact that this target was being hidden by a curtain.

Not to mention Grave's versatility. He has regen that allows him to soak up bullets, rockets that can home in on the opponent, aoe with some of his attacks, perception manipulation that slows down his perception of time to a near halt, and the equivalent to built in lasers (Not lasers, more like railguns, got confused with GORE) in his coffin as shown in the prior video to basically nuke the opponent."

And now I will add on to this, as the perception manipulation applies to every one of his Demolition shots. Dawn of the Grave, the most powerful variant of his Bullet-Time variant, takes this up to eleven as it's the perception manipulation, but grave moves around and shoots during it. And the crazy part? Grave can stack any of his demolition shots with Day/Night/Dawn of the Grave. And Grave CAN and WILL spam these demolition shots together, seen most notably in the Graveyard Special "Alien Execution" at the end of the original Gungrave.

Sorry for the text wall

Like... That's it? Nothing more? Do they at least have any skill?
No, Vuk relies on abilities, physiology and the PF
I see. Guess I should post What I've concocted for Grave now that I have finished replaying Gungrave Overdose.
Here is Vuk's scaling chain

Regarding everything else, if Grave just relies on bullets, explosions and lasers to attack, Vuk resist all of that with ease. Vuk is unfazed by multiple bullets and stabs, even fodder D'Bari count with that, is undamaged while making contact with the Phoenix Force which has the same effects as a solar flare, can passively absorb energy and return it to the enemy with more power. As for the skill and Analytical Prediction, I don't think they would help Grave that much, since Vuk uses dura neg or TK which cannot be dodged, and Vuk has a considerable advantage in LS and AP

No, Vuk relies on abilities, physiology and the PF
So they're mainly a brute? That seems.... anti-climatic
So, about even, due to Grave's long scaling chain with multiple casual defeats and some one shots
Regarding everything else, if Grave just relies on bullets, explosions and lasers to attack,
Well he does rely on coffin bashing when at close range, swinging it around with blunt force trauma
Vuk resist all of that with ease. Vuk is unfazed by multiple bullets
I don't think having your skin ripped apart by multiple guns, which are likely way weaker than Grave's Left head and Right Head hand-cannon hand-guns (These things fire 15 mm caliber bullets and have 60 cm long barrels while dwarfing the average man's hand)
Vuk is literally getting pushed around by these stabs, and from the look on their face it seemed to have some effect, so I would not call that no-selling
Again, they look pissed off from the gunfire and it was shredding their skin, with the regen looking to be the only thing that carries
is undamaged while making contact with the Phoenix Force which has the same effects as a solar flare,
This isn't about the heat, but the force of the explosion that would deal damage, as it's a full on explosion that obliterated Fangoram, who is THE strongest Deadman by pure physical strength when Grave isn't pissed off to the point where he might as well go Super Saiyan.
That does seem good, but Grave's weaponry is very different from lightning, and even if it's delivered back to Grave, he's so skilled that he'll be able to dodge it. This is the same guy that even without prior knowledge, he instantly knows where they are even when there's no way for him to see them.
As for the skill and Analytical Prediction, I don't think they would help Grave that much, since Vuk uses dura neg or TK which cannot be dodged,

It can be helped as Grave will keep wailing on Vuk without missing, and judging by the clips you've sent, the telekinesis only works at close range, and Vuk needs direct contact to dura neg. Hell, beating down grave won't do a thing, because even with most if not all of his blood on the outside of his body, he will get back up stronger within a couple of hours at most, due to his sheer willpower.
and Vuk has a considerable advantage in LS and AP
That could be a problem, but due to verse skill scaling, Grave will figure out how to bypass these disadvantages. And that's excluding Grave's scaling chain.

Also my power keeps going on and off due to wind, so it may take me a while to respond at times. Georgia decided to pull an April Fool's with this weather.

I don't think having your skin ripped apart by multiple guns
That's just piercing damage, likewise, Vuk is unaffected by having the skin ripped apart and can regenerate from that with ease
Vuk is literally getting pushed around by these stabs
And? Don't forget that the guy stabbing Vuk is a mutant stronger than Grave
Again, they look pissed off from the gunfire and it was shredding their skin, with the regen looking to be the only thing that carries
That doesn't mean anything, as I said before that's just piercing damage, even Jean who has a dura of 7-B/6-C is affected by that, the D'bari showed to endure all kinds of damage in their fight with the X-Men, plus they are only fodder compared to a Phoenix Force empowered Vuk
That does seem good, but Grave's weaponry is very different from lightning
It's just energy at the end of the day, that's what the Phoenix Force is
Hell, beating down grave won't do a thing, because even with most if not all of his blood on the outside of his body, he will get back up stronger within a couple of hours at most, due to his sheer willpower.
Vuk can easily disarm him and completely paralyze him with TK since Grave doesn't have the LS to break free of it. Can also knock him out over and over again by crashing him into buildings or something like that. And can also use dura neg once Grave is immobilized or knocked

That's just piercing damage, likewise, Vuk is unaffected by having the skin ripped apart and can regenerate from that with ease
Then wouldn't the piercing damage also apply to Grave's Cerberus guns? Meaning they would do as much if not more than those rifles.
And? Don't forget that the guy stabbing Vuk is a mutant stronger than Grave
And yet, by how much? Again, look towards Grave's scaling chain
That doesn't mean anything, as I said before that's just piercing damage, even Jean who has a dura of 7-B/6-C is affected by that, the D'bari showed to endure all kinds of damage in their fight with the X-Men, plus they are only fodder compared to a Phoenix Force empowered Vuk
So what you're saying is that guns still do damage against those who are mic stronger. Then I don't see why Grave will have much trouble damaging Vuk with his two hand cannons that can fire repeatedly without reloading.
It's just energy at the end of the day, that's what the Phoenix Force is
Then as I've said, Grave will avoid this redirected energy with his perception manipulation and vastly superior skill.
Vuk can easily disarm him and completely paralyze him with TK since Grave doesn't have the LS to break free of it. Can also knock him out over and over again by crashing him into buildings or something like that. And can also use dura neg once Grave is immobilized or knocked
Again, Dura neg won't be effective against Grave considering he's undead and can regenerate from having most of his blood blasted outside of his body. Yeah, sure, he can get disarmed, thrown around till he's knocked out, but Grave will come back stronger and smarter, knowing anything Vuk would do and thus avoid anything they can throw at him. Because, from what I've seen from the clips you've posted, Vuk is either a dumbass or doesn't have the range to use their telekinesis and dura neg, as they have to get up close to use it.

Then wouldn't the piercing damage also apply to Grave's Cerberus guns? Meaning they would do as much if not more than those rifles.
Yes, but they would have the same effect on Vuk due to Immortality and Regeneration
And yet, by how much? Again, look towards Grave's scaling chain
A scaling chain doesn't take away from the fact that Grave is fighting against someone who can tank and one-shot characters 2.6x stronger than him, and Vuk also has a scaling chain
So what you're saying is that guns still do damage against those who are mic stronger.
Yes, that's how piercing damage works in many verses
Then I don't see why Grave will have much trouble damaging Vuk with his two hand cannons that can fire repeatedly without reloading.
The bullets will pierce Vuk, but Immortality and Regeneration means that those bullets wouldn't have that much effect, and Vuk was literally like this 😐 while taking hundreds of bullets from dozens of weapons at the same time
Then as I've said, Grave will avoid this redirected energy with his perception manipulation and vastly superior skill.
Likewise it also works for defensive purposes
Again, Dura neg won't be effective against Grave considering he's undead and can regenerate from having most of his blood blasted outside of his body.
I don't know how that's similar to having his body being twisted, and according to his profile his Regeneration is just Low-Mid over a period of hours, which means it isn't combat applicable and thus useless
Yeah, sure, he can get disarmed, thrown around till he's knocked out, but Grave will come back stronger and smarter, knowing anything Vuk would do and thus avoid anything they can throw at him.
If Grave is disarmed then he loses his biggest advantage which is range, and also he can do absolutely nothing if he is paralyzed with TK with far higher LS than he has. Also knocking out the opponent for an hour is considered a win according to SBA
Because, from what I've seen from the clips you've posted, Vuk is either a dumbass or doesn't have the range to use their telekinesis and dura neg, as they have to get up close to use it.
The latter, Vuk just has, or rather only demonstrated, several meters of range with TK

Yes, but they would have the same effect on Vuk due to Immortality and Regeneration
That is indeed a nuisance, but seeing as how Vuk's regen is low-Mid, Grave with his superior skill/intelligence should be able to figure out to go for headshots to destroy the Alien's brain. Grave doesn't need to relent as well, as he doesn't need to reload to continue firing his guns.
A scaling chain doesn't take away from the fact that Grave is fighting against someone who can tank and one-shot characters 2.6x stronger than him, and Vuk also has a scaling chain
Yes, you showed that scaling chain. I'm saying the 2.6x gap is lesser extremely by Grave's scaling chan consisting of casual beatdowns and one shots, meaning the two are not far apart at all. In fact, almost all of Grave's wins are casual, to the point where you would think he didn't break a sweat. The only time this isn't the case is against Fangoram, and even then, Grave came back and was able to contend with Fangoram and win in their second battle even after sustaining a life threatening injury in their first encounter.
Yes, that's how piercing damage works in many verses
So, Grave should be dealing the same damage to Vuk as those rifles did, if not more due to Grave's Cerberus Guns being far superior than basic firearms.
The bullets will pierce Vuk, but Immortality and Regeneration means that those bullets wouldn't have that much effect, and Vuk was literally like this 😐 while taking hundreds of bullets from dozens of weapons at the same time
Yet they were still being physically affected by each of the bullets. And Grave firing hundreds of bullets in super casual for him, once he uses any of his demolition shots, the damage will stack over and over, especially if he uses Dawn of the Grave, which will slow down Grave's own perception of time to a near halt like all of his other Demolition Shots to fire even more bullets while Vuk is slowed down.
Likewise it also works for defensive purposes

I don't know how that's similar to having his body being twisted, and according to his profile his Regeneration is just Low-Mid over a period of hours, which means it isn't combat applicable and thus useless
It's way less than 24 hours, meaning it isn't enough to incap Grave. Again, Grave will come back much stronger than this and will begin to know Vuk's powers to a T due to verse wide skill scaling at the very least. And as said in my beginning post, Grave scales to Wolfwood and Livio in terms of skill.
If Grave is disarmed then he loses his biggest advantage which is range, and also he can do absolutely nothing if he is paralyzed with TK with far higher LS than he has. Also knocking out the opponent for an hour is considered a win according to SBA
Yeah, he may not be able to do much against telekinesis, but it won't put him down easy. It wouldn't be hard for Grave to pick up any weapon either, he used to be Millenion's top sweeper, so if he loses his handguns he can pick up any weapon he finds and use it to its full extent. And even then, Grave still has his Death Hauler which has much more weaponry inside of it.

Also I'm pretty sure it's 24 hours, right? You need to keep your opponent down for 24 hours for it to be considered incapacitation?
The latter, Vuk just has, or rather only demonstrated, several meters of range with TK
So then Telekenises is barely a problem then. Grave stays at a range, wails on Vuk with all of his weaponry while simultaneously using his Perception Manipulation to be far faster and land even more hits in a shorter time frame.

Like, I want to EMPHASIZE that Grave is not afraid to spam his weaponry, which never run out it seem, meaning there is no drawback. If simple rifles can already tear apart Vuk's skin and dig deep, Grave can keep on shooting and shooting, firing missile after missile, to prevent Vuk from regenerating and shredding them down to gibs while Grave stays at a distance.

Grave with his superior skill/intelligence should be able to figure out to go for headshots to destroy the Alien's brain.
To nullify Low-Mid Regeneration Grave would have to destroy all or a large part of Vuk's head, the bullets would do nothing as shown with Magneto and the explosions don't have enough AP to do that
I'm saying the 2.6x gap is lesser extremely by Grave's scaling chan consisting of casual beatdowns and one shots
It isn't because Vuk also has a scaling chain like that: Quicksilver generates that energy just from hitting at high speed, Apocalypse was undamaged by Quicksilver's punches and broke his leg with a single kick, Psylocke's katana easily sliced Apocalypse's throat with ease, with her energy weapons being more powerful and further amped by Apocalypse, Beast was undamaged by Psylocke's energy whip, and Vuk one-shot Beast just by falling on top of him
So, Grave should be dealing the same damage to Vuk as those rifles did, if not more due to Grave's Cerberus Guns being far superior than basic firearms.
Basically, so Vuk can regenerate from them
Yet they were still being physically affected by each of the bullets.
Yes, again that's how piercing damage works in many verses. And, again, Vuk has Type 2 Immortality and Low-Mid Regeneration that pretty much nullify any damage dealt by just bullets
Again, Grave will come back much stronger
His P&A doesn't say anything about getting stronger after being defeated. Anyway, it doesn't matter because Grave will be unarmed, with his body twisted and completely immobilized by TK from which he can't get free
Yeah, he may not be able to do much against telekinesis, but it won't put him down easy.
It will, Grave can't do anything against TK which has far more LS and is stronger once Vuk is in range
It wouldn't be hard for Grave to pick up any weapon either
It will, since if Grave is disarmed it means that he is in range with Vuk's TK, who can paralyze him to immobilize any movement or start crashing him into buildings without being able to break free from the TK
So then Telekenises is barely a problem then. Grave stays at a range
Vuk just has to get close enough to Grave to use TK, and from the clips you sent he doesn't seem to be a guy who always keep his distance from the opponent and runs away if the other gets close
Grave can keep on shooting and shooting, firing missile after missile, to prevent Vuk from regenerating and shredding them down to gibs while Grave stays at a distance.
Vuk was regenerating while taking the barrage of bullets from Magneto, dealing constant damage doesn't prevent Vuk from regenerating

I think this is becoming very circular and it would be better to wait for others to start voting and leave the arguments here because they will only be agree to disagree

To nullify Low-Mid Regeneration Grave would have to destroy all or a large part of Vuk's head, the bullets would do nothing as shown with Magneto and the explosions don't have enough AP to do that
Again, looking back at the clips, Vuk's skin was being shredded off overtime. I believe that with Grave's skill advantage, his multitude of weaponry that he will spam, and with Grave's Perception Manipulation, he should be able to accomplish more than magneto to kill Vuk.
It isn't because Vuk also has a scaling chain like that: Quicksilver generates that energy just from hitting at high speed, Apocalypse was undamaged by Quicksilver's punches and broke his leg with a single kick, Psylocke's katana easily sliced Apocalypse's throat with ease, with her energy weapons being more powerful and further amped by Apocalypse, Beast was undamaged by Psylocke's energy whip, and Vuk one-shot Beast just by falling on top of him
what a ******

So with a scaling chain like that, It does appear that Vuk has the advantage, but I do believe it's still basically a 2x advantage. Not that it matters, Grave has faced odds where he's outclassed heavily, like against Fangoram.
Basically, so Vuk can regenerate from them
To me, it seemed like the damage was only regenerated after the attacks stopped
Yes, again that's how piercing damage works in many verses. And, again, Vuk has Type 2 Immortality and Low-Mid Regeneration that pretty much nullify any damage dealt by just bullets
Honestly, type 2 immortality just guarantees they can just keep moving even with severe damage. That just guarantees that Vuk won't get toppled while taking damage.
His P&A doesn't say anything about getting stronger after being defeated. Anyway, it doesn't matter because Grave will be unarmed, with his body twisted and completely immobilized by TK from which he can't get free
I'm gonna be honest, Grave's profile is outdated, like, 2019 outdated. The whole thing about Grave getting stronger is how at first he was one shot by Fangoram in their first encounter, yet in their second encounter, Grave was basically fine and was able to beat him, which was all after Grave had pushed himself to get back up without a needed blood tranfusion.
It will, Grave can't do anything against TK which has far more LS and is stronger once Vuk is in range
Which can be prevented with Grave staying out of range, you get me? Vuk can't use their TK if Grave isn't in range, which he'll likely make sure of.
It will, since if Grave is disarmed it means that he is in range with Vuk's TK, who can paralyze him to immobilize any movement or start crashing him into buildings without being able to break free from the TK
I was more so referring to after Vuk has done their whole thing, since looking at those clips, Vuk doesn't seem to double tap.
Vuk just has to get close enough to Grave to use TK, and from the clips you sent he doesn't seem to be a guy who always keep his distance from the opponent and runs away if the other gets close
The reason Grave doesn't say far away is because he can't. He's being swarmed by dozens of enemies from all sides. And again, that's just the person playing. Grave in character would use what he can to win, and if he needs to stay at range, he'll stay at range.
Vuk was regenerating while taking the barrage of bullets from Magneto, dealing constant damage doesn't prevent Vuk from regenerating
Again, from what I watched of the clip, Vuk only began to regen after Magneto stopped firing/ran out of bullets
I think this is becoming very circular and it would be better to wait for others to start voting and leave the arguments here because they will only be agree to disagree
Yeah, sorry if it seems I'm too into this. Ots probably because Gungrave is so niche, and that I want it to get recognition.

Though, I did contact Gin, so he might give input considering they're a Nightow fan.

Again, looking back at the clips, Vuk's skin was being shredded off overtime. I believe that with Grave's skill advantage, his multitude of weaponry that he will spam, and with Grave's Perception Manipulation, he should be able to accomplish more than magneto to kill Vuk.
The bullets pierced Vuk, Grave's bullets would have the same effect, they would pierce Vuk's skin but the Immortality and Regeneration will take care of that like with Magneto. Also if Vuk senses the bullets would eventually kill it can stop and deflect them with TK like with Cyclops' Optic Blast, it wouldn't work for a counter attack due to Grave's Analytical Prediction, though that's questionable due to Vuk having far higher attack speed than combat, but it would nullify Grave's main form of attack
To me, it seemed like the damage was only regenerated after the attacks stopped
Nah, in this video with better quality you can see how Vuk regenerates at the same time the bullets pierce the skin
I'm gonna be honest, Grave's profile is outdated, like, 2019 outdated.
Just make a CRT
Which can be prevented with Grave staying out of range, you get me? Vuk can't use their TK if Grave isn't in range, which he'll likely make sure of.
Yes, but Grave doesn't know that Vuk has TK or whatever range it has until it's too late and he won't be able to escape from it due to not having enough LS or other means
I was more so referring to after Vuk has done their whole thing, since looking at those clips, Vuk doesn't seem to double tap.
Vuk spams TK until the enemy is knocked out
Grave in character would use what he can to win, and if he needs to stay at range, he'll stay at range.
Would Grave in-character run away from an enemy that just gets close to him and regenerates from his bullets to keep a distance?

The bullets pierced Vuk, Grave's bullets would have the same effect, they would pierce Vuk's skin but the Immortality and Regeneration will take care of that like with Magneto. Also if Vuk senses the bullets would eventually kill it can stop and deflect them with TK like with Cyclops' Optic Blast, it wouldn't work for a counter attack due to Grave's Analytical Prediction, though that's questionable due to Vuk having far higher attack speed than combat, but it would nullify Grave's main form of attack

Nah, in this video with better quality you can see how Vuk regenerates at the same time the bullets pierce the skin

Just make a CRT
Gin has plans once he's done with Trigun revisions
Yes, but Grave doesn't know that Vuk has TK or whatever range it has until it's too late and he won't be able to escape from it due to not having enough LS or other means

Vuk spams TK until the enemy is knocked out

Would Grave in-character run away from an enemy that just gets close to him and regenerates from his bullets to keep a distance?
I will answer only this as we have agreed to stop going in circles, but yeah, Grave does so against bulldozers that constantly approach him, an example being the one that slowly approached him before he faced Bob Poundmax.

I'll wait for Gin to respond to these next arguments, as I'm busy watching some television

Back