• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guhnash and its brains

GimmyJibbsJr

They/Them
So it was said a while back in a revision thread that the brains don't actually use the power that Guhnash itself has within the body, they just regulate it, and therefore they don't scale to 4-C.

But I was wondering, wouldn't it be kinda important for the internal organs of a creature to also need the durability allowed for moving at a given speed? What I mean is, if a normal human were to suddenly start rocketing forward at supersonic speeds, their internal organs would receive massive damage.

But Guhnash's mouth opens and closes at relativistic speeds and the brains don't receive any damage from this. In fact, the brains reside within Guhnash's mouth, so they should definitely be feeling the force being generated here and therefore withstanding it constantly.

Would this be enough to justify the Brains also receiving Star Level ratings?

If this is a game for a fighter with a specific vulnerability, it is probably best to not mess with the ratings without input from knowledgeable members.

There are definitely arguments to be made, but I'd personally prefer to play the game over before I make any big calls, and Azathoth and Starter Pack are the only two other people who seem to have knowledge on it.

Well, technically regulation included control of the energy by default, but as of now Azzy cannot respond.

You can at least try to contact Starter Pack about it.

I never got this far in the game, how dare you taunt me like this!

Yeah, so if I understand this correctly, because the organs move at the same speed as Guhnash itself, they should get tiered similarly to it due to just...existing inside it?

It's a big problem that we don't see the actual brains themselves from where they are in the game outside of battle, because my whole theory kinda depends on it. But based on their characteristics in-battle, I'm gonna assume they're floating around here, as well as being approximately the same size as the Vivosaurs, if not slightly larger. In that case, I'm not entirely sure that the logic that is being attempted to be applied here would work.

Firstly, they're floating, which means they aren't attached to Guhnash in any way I can tell, so the g-forces are going to be felt even less by them. Secondly, in comparison to Guhnash itself, they're minuscule. As is clarified in the calc that was made for Guhnash, which gives it its 4-C tiering in the first place, it must be, at least, larger than a planet so it may "swallow them whole." And as I mentioned, Guhnash's brains are approximately the same size as any given Vivosaur, the largest of which in the game is Argento, which is measured to be 115 feet long. (Argento was in Champions, sure, but I'm assuming they should be around somewhere, plus using a smaller dino would only improve my point.) So, their ability to float lessens this, but their overall size means that the overall gravity of Guhnash is gonna keep them in place as the rest of the g-forces are being applied. I would also mention that the developers never considered the g-forces involved with the design of Guhnash, since both Hunter and Duna/Rosie are able to be inside without being rocked about, but that seems like a non-sequitur to me.

So, with all this being said, I'm actually gonna disagree with the OP due to these factors. To cap it off, however, I'd like to mention that if the brains were Star level, then that would mean that Hunter and the Vivosaurs used to defeat them must also be upgraded to Star level, or else they wouldn't have been able to beat the brains, and Guhnash would've eaten the Earth. So I believe this works out logically as well in terms of how the battle played out.

I mean, I guess so. Even so, I still don't believe the brains should scale due to simply existing inside Guhnash. Particularly due to how gravity is normally treated in space within fiction as well.

If they do scale, it means the reviving machine (whatever it's called) can resurrect something, and make it a Star level thing, and is a damn badass tech.

I think I just stopped playing and haven't gotten back to it since.

I personally disagree with the OP due to the nature and characteristics of the brains of Guhnash in comparison to the body as a whole. I'd first like to know if everybody else agrees to this conclusion before it can be closed.

I trust Starter Pack's sense of judgement.

I suppose so, but let's wait a bit for more responses first.

If nobody responds within a day, it would be appreciated if you remind me to close this.

Back