• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Mad God attempts to destroy a planet-devouring space tadpole

So, I just thought I’d pit two final bosses of my favorite verses together. Here we go!

Oryx never thought the day would come when he would have to fight something larger than the Realm itself. He was just chilling in his castle, sipping from his 273rd glass of wine for the day (an exaggeration, of course, but come on) and trying to plan a new way to challenge Limon’s authority after Project Elemental Dragon went haywire, when the sprite goddess herself sent him a message. Apparently a giant tadpole-like space monster was spotted heading directly towards the planet, and Limon has requested that Oryx find a way to stop it before the whole world is devoured. At first Oryx thought he would just let the monster have his meal just to spite Limon, but started to imagine the sheer amount of praise he could get if he did destroy the beast…

Then it occurred to Oryx that to devour an entire planet, the thing would have to be incredibly huge, and decided it might be best to destroy it from within. Glass in hand, Oryx teleported himself inside the mouth of the beast, only to be met with some kind of otherworldly screeching and the approach of three even more otherworldly-looking floating…objects? Not wanting to waste time thinking about the floating masses of bizarreness before him, Oryx chucked his wine glass at the beings and drew his weapon.

Oryx as O3 vs the Three Brains of Guhnash

Speed is equal

First to die…loses!

The Mad God:

The Three Brains:

Not sure if incon is technically even possible here, but here it is anyway:

Anything stopping Oryx from like, two-shotting the brains and moving on?
Jeez, is it really that big a gap? Okay well, the brains buff their own defense and evasion, as well as heal, to start with. Also the enraged effect they inflict will throw off Oryx’s aim significantly. I also see that Oryx has resistance to fear manip but how good would it be against fear manip so bad it temporarily prevents the target from using most, if not all, attacks?

Nevermind they don’t inflict enrage. It’s actually excite. Lemme check to see what that does

Okay excite isn’t doing much unfortunately, so really it’s just the brains buffing their own attack, speed, and defense (both passively and actively btw), possibly fear manip depending on really how good Oryx’s resistance is to this severity of fear, healing, and throwing Oryx around with Whirling Displacement. That’s all I can think of that would get in the way.

Jeez, is it really that big a gap? Okay well, the brains buff their own defense and evasion, as well as heal, to start with. Also the enraged effect they inflict will throw off Oryx’s aim significantly. I also see that Oryx has resistance to fear manip but how good would it be against fear manip so bad it temporarily prevents the target from using most, if not all, attacks?
Oryx has a 40+ character scaling chain from 8.8 Megatons.

The brains are baseline. They're literal fodder compared to Oryx.

Oryx doesn't NEED good aim, remember, he has danmaku, and GOOD danmaku in this key at that

Oryx is deathly afraid of chickens. He gets turned into one literally once a year. I'd say it is enough.
Okay excite isn’t doing much unfortunately, so really it’s just the brains buffing their own attack, speed, and defense (both passively and actively btw), possibly fear manip depending on really how good Oryx’s resistance is to this severity of fear, healing, and throwing Oryx around with Whirling Displacement. That’s all I can think of that would get in the way.
Oryx can teleport, and does it often with this key, and if the brains don't move it's a Danmaku user at close range. Literal tens to hundreds of attacks hitting at once.

Ok. Well I should drop this then. The brains supposedly upscale from Frigi and Igno, the feat of which I can’t seem to find a calc for.

Honestly I didn’t even notice that before making the match. My bad
For O3 you really want characters who've 15 Megatons or more, and if they don't resist a bunch of status effects, O2 is a DEATH SENTENCE for any stationary target

Hey could u passive taking pls by any chance ? And hive runes induce death too so how does or how can oryx sue this offensively
Either you didn't check the profile or you're making the joke that's been made on nearly every Oryx Match.

This is the Mad God from the MMO bullet hell, not the taken king from the MMO FPS

Teach me the ways of oryx
Step 1: become friends with your former enemies.
Step 2: turn your bullet hell verse into a permadeath.
Step 3: Take lessons from Tricky on how to not be killed so you can kill them back. (Not the right character but come on, Oryx repeatedly boasts more complicated versions of “you don’t kill Oryx, Oryx kills you” so I thought it fits)
Step 4: Wreck your own wine cellar throwing parties.
Step 5: Order the construction of an epic room where you can stare off into space with a wine glass in hand where you wait for the heroes to rudely intrude and not be interrupted by any wine stains covering the floor.

Step 3: Take lessons from Tricky on how to not be killed so you can kill them back. (Not the right character but come on)
Step 5: Order the construction of an epic room where you can stare off into space with a wine glass in hand where you wait for the heroes to rudely intrude and not be interrupted by any wine stains covering the floor.
Basically this

Oryx has some nice type 4 immortality I'll explain in full once I get around to revising his profile, even if it isn't combat acclible.

That and Fossil Fighters is in dire need of an actual calc…which I wish I noticed before making this match but we all make mistakes right?

Step 3: Take lessons from Tricky on how to not be killed so you can kill them back. (Not the right character but come on, Oryx repeatedly boasts more complicated versions of “you don’t kill Oryx, Oryx kills you” so I thought it fits)
Hey thx ! Also is taking passive? I’ve heard it is but I literally don’t see Proof

Wait so oryx spreads the blight ? Is there scans of this???
Oryx is taken in his own right. He has all their PnAs, and the references on his profile link to scans or explanations, if you take issue with those, take it up with @WHYNAUT(Clicking on that takes you to his wall) because I sure as shit didn't make(or revise) any Destiny profiles. I'm just the debater/messenger.

Oryx is taken in his own right. He has all their PnAs, and the references on his profile link to scans or explanations, if you take issue with those, take it up with @WHYNAUT(Clicking on that takes you to his wall) because I sure as shit didn't make(or revise) any Destiny profiles. I'm just the debater/messenger.
Oh Ya he took himself didn’t he ? So he’s essentially a taken

Scan? And any examples …
Ask the dude I told you to ask.
Oryx is taken in his own right. He has all their PnAs, and the references on his profile link to scans or explanations, if you take issue with those, take it up with @WHYNAUT (Clicking on that takes you to his wall) because I sure as shit didn't make(or revise) any Destiny profiles. I'm just the debater/messenger.
This guy @WHYNAUT

Back