• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gray Fox vs Ruby Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody understand why electricity bypasses aura again? They've shown in RWBY that it does pass through aura, but I don't really understand why.

That is a very heatly discussion where myself included don't believe that it bypasses electricity however aura allows for sensations to get through, therefore the feeling of electricity would be felt. However that doesn't mean that the electricity persay gets through

Edit: meant to say "heatly" not "healthy" (which we can all agree is not)

Oh crap he's weak to electricity.....lightning dust is another Ruby has over him. I guess I'm voting Ruby for all of the advantages I've stated her to have over him.

I get it's a lost cause to try and discuss how aura works, but from what they've said before it's basically the shields in Halo. I'm just trying to make parallels to see how it works. That way we don't have to argue in every thread on what aura blocks and not.

Let me play Devil's advocate. Ruby has more power and speed, but Gray Fox has more speed when it comes to combat. If he goes invisible, he has a chance of catching her off guard. She won't be able to find him, so her chance is to attack wildly. The problem is his strength. He doesn't have enough strength to knock her out immediately. He does have dura negation, but that's apparently a picky argument and I don't want to deal with that right now.

Gray Fox's best bet is to knock her out. Again, he doesn't have the power to knock her out, but he can stop her from breathing. He can pin her and choke her until she passes out. As long as she's kept out for an hour, which shouldn't be hard for Gray Fox, he'll win.

He could also disarm Ruby as she will be caught by surprise since he's invisible. Then Ruby will easily be beaten as she's useless without Crescent Rose. Though I'm leaning more on the choke argument rather than this. Though it still works.

We keep forgetting about the invisibility.

A couple things:

1) As for speed, Gray is quite literally only 1.4x faster than her in combat speed, and Ruby's semblance balances that out if not making her superior to his combat speed

2) Strength-wise, Ruby is stronger. The Nevermore Ruby dragged up the cliff was calced to weigh more than the RAY's 500,000 kgs

3) Ruby isnt completely useless without Crescent Rose, as she is capable of using her semblance combined with physical attacks to do some damage, like knocking a Griffon into an airship with a semblance-boosted kick

4) If he tries to restrain her she can just use her semblance to get away

1) ruby is capable of moving faster then many on her level in base speed can react to, so definitly faster

2) I believe it was more or less around 10^6

3) yeah, while the creators wanted to depict her as that,ruby is obviously capable of fighting whitout crescent rose

Umm, she didn't casually pulled it. She needed the boost from Weiss to go up the cliff to begin with.

Theglassman12 said:
Umm, she didn't casually pulled it. She needed the boost from Weiss to go up the cliff to begin with.
No she didnt, all she needed from Weiss was to pin it in place and then use her glyphs to give her footholds so she didnt fall off. The feat comes from the fact that pulling the Nevermore by its neck didnt instantly wrench Crescent Rose out of her hands and she was able to pull it up the cliff on, hell Ruby was increasing the load she was carrying by using the sniper rifle to increase her speed, which makes the feat more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back