• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showdown of Crimson- Ruby Rose vs Guilmon

Yes, as it responds to a need. If Guilmon his getting pelted with Ice, Overwrite will likely activate in order for Guilmon to deal with said Ice.

Overwrite rewrites the Digimon's data to respond to a need to overcome something that is problematic for it. Guilmon on screen never Overwrited Ice before, but he has Overwrited much worse such as Ygg's Erasure as proven by the X-Antibody form.

Tfw overwrite is being legitly argued.

Might as well make a Jesmon fight and see what happens.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Not more Digimon vs SMT...>.>
Arent there moar 2-A characters, though?

3-C is very rare.

And vote in the wisemon vs beelzemon pleaseeeee

Yeah, but I am sick of Digimon 2-A fights. We barely have a 3-C Digimon fight.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah, but I am sick of Digimon 2-A fights. We barely have a 3-C Digimon fight.
We barely have relevant 3-C characters anyway. 3-B and 4-A are more relevant.

Especially considering Guilmon doesn't gain anything from it. No abilities that allow him to absorb a hit from what I can see. Either that's an error on the page, or it's just a stupid power.

I still want to know how accurate Guilmon is with his ranged attacks before making a final argument

Kinda a stretch, but I don't know it does make some sorta sense. Not really defined well though.

I just looked at Wargreymon's page, he also has attack charge but it's for increasing his own AP. Doesn't say by how much though. It's an error for sure. I'm leaning towards it being Guilmon, but who knows maybe Wargreymon is the wrong one. I'll look for another digimon that has it.

More accurate than a girl who is capable of making extremely precise shots with a sniper rifle while swinging it around at high speeds as a melee weapon?

Well there's the fact that unlike Ruby, he doesn't carry a giant sniper rifle. He just has to look and breathe fire. But he isn't a sniper if that's what you're getting at.

Okay, that's going to be a big advantage for Ruby, being a trained master sniper will help a lot especially given how she has bullets that will specifically do more damage to Guilmon, bullets that will stun him if he's so much as caught in the AoE, and bullets that will hit him much harder than her normal ammo, as well as the ability to instantly get decent range with her semblance and mobility to avoid hits. Basically the only issue will be his resistance to fire manip which is a type of dust Ruby uses but if she sees its not doing anything she'll switch as she has done before when the same thing happened.

Even if Guilmon Overwrites to the point that he can react to her semblance in close combat, this version cant fly meaning ruby will have a huge advantage in that regard by virtue of far more mobility and maneuverability, and even more of an ability to dodge with her ability to split into multiple rose clouds to avoid attacks.

I mean, Guilmon is not just going to sit there and watch. He has the higher AP here and can get stronger, not to mention his attacks hit the mind and soul. Overwrite could likely spell doom of Ruby as if he enters Guilmon X, his AP along with the rest of his stats will skyrocket. Also, Guilmon won't just sit and take attacks, even a newborn Digimon is born with the instinct to fight and Guilmon's is one of the Combat Species Digimon, meaning his natural skill as a fighter is already much higher than a normal Rookie Digimon. Her mobility isn't much of an issue and I honestly don't see how her being a pro sniper helps when is attacks explode on contact and move in a straignt line. Her becoming a rose cloud doesn't help much against a Digimon as they still can just hit the Rose Cloud itself. The rose cloud will still be nothing but data to Guilmon so it would be blown up just the same. She'd have to really play it smart because one mistake could mean the end of her. Unlike Guilmon, she doesn't have the luxury of a casual AP advantage that can keep on expanding.

@Dragon His attacks hitting the mind and soul wont work until Ruby's aura goes down, thats one of the first things that was established in this thread. His attacks being very linear makes them very easy to avoid.

How strong is said aura? Can it survive the AP gap or the increased gap with Attack Charge and Overwrite?

It can take dozens of hits from opponents before going down, technically it can take a few hits from 8-Bs as well but we consider that an outlier for some reason.

Also why would Overwrite increase his AP against a weaker opponent?

Because, it doesn't matter if the opponent is weaker. Basically, all Overwrite feats have resulted in a large AP boost. Guilmon X is proof of this. All X-Antibody Digimon are proof of this. Zeromaru is proof of this. I should note that Guilmon X was an Overwrite that was not even in combat, yet he still got an AP boost.

WeeklyBattles said:
It can take dozens of hits from opponents before going down, technically it can take a few hits from 8-Bs as well but we consider that an outlier for some reason.

Also why would Overwrite increase his AP against a weaker opponent?
Because obviously an 18 Ton character one shots a 2 Ton character. Let alone that people who are 2 Tons can still break each others aura.

If people who are 2 tons can break through aura, then what's stopping Guilmon from doing so.

Because aura doesnt have a set durability, it has a health bar. Its based off of Halo energy shields which can be brought down by pistols and rifles but can still block a few hits from 8-C attacks

No not at all, she uses it in conjunction with her semblance and its a byproduct of her moving fast with it, she did the same thing with the Beringel

I don't think she builds up speed really.

After she activates her semblance, she was shown pertty often to be as fast at activation as when she uses in a prolonged manner.

Back