• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Ruby Rose vs Spider Man but he's weaker this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spidey.

Also bump

bump

Ruby gots some upgrades in ep 3 of volume 7 and can ram into things and people with her semblance

Was she unable to just crash into people before

I don't really see someone ramming someone as some sorta dealmaker here, may as well debate with what's there

Not really seeing this as much as an AP amp so much as just a hit placement thing. People generally aren't taking full force hits, while a ram isn't as easy to just block. I have some friends who're as strong or stronger than I am, but if I had like a free shot that they just wouldn't block to the neck or I could haul off and slam my shoulder into them I could probably do far more damage than a normal strike would.

tldr a tackle style thing being above your normal attacks isn't special

Either way you can tank a Sable agent's jetpack ramming stuff (though it hurts more) while they can hurt you pretty badly with normal equipment, spiderman scales from a better feat, is a good enough fighter to mitigate the hit, etc, so I don't think it's some sort of trump card. A linear ram like that would actually just be really easy to dodge.

If it were linear i'd agree but she has full control of her flight path and can make hairpin turns at will, even if he tries to dodge she can just turn to hit him

Probably not, given his perception/speed thing coupled with spider sense and just a lot of experience against this sort of thing.

There's a part where spiderman talks about how he has to do a ton of math every time he swings and has to be good enough at it to do it as if it's second nature, being how he predicts where he's gonna go. He gets rather fancy with it given what he does in the game especially for screwball and taskmaster, and does it totally casually as well. Phone calls, extra stunts, and eating pizza all happen on the go. I don't think he's gonna have that much issue with predicting movement given how unbelievably good he is at math and having actual precog powers to boot.

Bump

I feel like Peter's spider-sense will be a pretty good advantage against Ruby's seblance. He does play the range game and is usually more agile. He can heal quickly with one of his suit abilites if taken too much damage. Or during mid-battle without it. Bullets will be useless if using one his suit powers. He can dish out a lot of damage via quad.

I also feel like Peter will eventually take away Ruby's Cresent Rose. He often pulls weapons away from his enemies and has the lifting strength advantage, making this easier. Spider-Drones can help keep Ruby distracted. Gravity manipulation will allow Peter to gain some good hits while she's immobile. Air manipulation can also work as a get off me move.

Overall I vote for Spider-Man due to the variety of powers and experience.

Grace

Edward you are very late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back