• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grand Priest takes on Legendary Duo

I can only assume this is DBH Grand Priest, otherwise Palkia and Dialga stomp by standing still.

If it is DBH Grand Priest, then I am a bit more uncertain.They should be very capable of bypassing Ultra Instinct, via doing things like having GP as the starting point of their attacks and such.

EDIT: Also, why is this in Fun and Games?

Because most people on this site tend to turn highly controversial matches into a shitstorm and completely derail them. These kind of matches tend to turn ugly fast.

I think change it to vs debates. You'll have to ask an admin to change the board tho. Also do Grand Priest vs either Dialga or Palkia only.

This is hard to argue. I mean, Grand Priest lacks resistance to Time Manipulation (although, I feel like anyone scaling above Jiren should have it due to the resistance being from raw power). He can probably handle Palkia 1v1, but his profile gives me no reason to think he avoid or even remotely counter Dialga's time hax.

I revised a look at his profile while debating where he falls as a 2-B on the wiki, and realised he actually has a lot of resistances, including Time Manipulation and Time Stop. I completely glossed over them, for some reason.

So, yeah. Grand Priest vs Palkia and Dialga might actually be viable.

Pretty sure past/futute Dialga can just do whatever it takes for present Grand Priest to be defeated before Grand Priest can even lift a finger.

He has Acasuality Type 1, so he can't be effected by changes to the past or paradoxes. The extent of his EE is unknown, but the EE of a GoD can destroy entities across all time and space and I assume GP's EE would be higher than GoDs, but that's virtually unknown until it's elaborated more.

What I mean that a Dialga from the past or the future can interact with the future/past and effect the present Grand Priest, thus not changing his past thus not causing a paradox and being protect by Acausality Type 1

That depends on whether or not Dialga is using its avatar or its true form in this fight, and no such ability to summon other versions of itself is on its profile. It would have to create entirely new avatars.

I think he only needs to defeat and erase a single Dialga to erase all of its avatars across spacetime, destroying its true self is a different case entirely.

Regardless of the case, I don't know if EE that can erase spacetimes, applied on a multiversal scale, would be sufficient for killing Dialga, who is the embodiment of time. If not, then GP would need to settle this with other methods.

Pretty sure Dialga and Palkia start in their true forms, not their avatars, considering their profile is for their true form and we don't have a avatar key, plus Palkia and Dialga have Space-Time Erasure on their attacks which they both ignore.

Also Acausality Type 3 is Summoning other versions of yourself from across Time or have them act independently after your destruction like a certain bug does

"I think he only needs to defeat and erase a single Dialga to erase all of its avatars across spacetime, destroying its true self is a different case entirely."

How does this work? Each Dialga can act separately and independent of one another; if one dies why would every other one die?

I'm assuming that Grand Priest's EE functions similarly to Hakai, and Beerus claims his Hakai can erase his target across every timeline.

Looking at its Acasuality though, it does state that it's rendered immune to changes in the past so I assume GP can erase all the past versions of Dialga but not any of the future versions.

Acausality type 3 protects all Dialgas, pretty sure that's on his profile

Overall, I think Grand Priest could defeat the avatars of Dialga and Palkia, but I don't believe he has a solid method of stopping their true forms from just creating more and more avatars, and his inability to erase future Dialgas makes it far harder for him.

Didn't Palkia does this Space bubble forcefield trap to Arceus in the movie, would that work here?

Well, it depends.

If GP can BFR to the World of Void, would Dialga have any ability to utilise other timelines within, what is considered, a 'timeless' void in-universe? Or would Dialga just create a timeline there and 'link' it with its other timelines?

CryoTheMayo said:
Well, it depends.
If GP can BFR to the World of Void, would Dialga have any ability to utilise other timelines within, what is considered, a 'timeless' void in-universe? Or would Dialga just create a timeline there and 'link' it with its other timelines?
But would that even do anything, though? Wouldn't he only move past Dialga and present Dialga, while future Dialga is unaffected? Or has he shown the capacity to BFR the future?

It depends on win condition, If he can put true Dialga in the World of Void and he can't use his powers over all time in a timeless void, then his abilities may be heavily neutered.

Yes, that's what I'm asking. 'cause I do believe true Dialga is Dialga at every single instant of time, past, present, and future. So wouldn't GP have to be able to BFR the future, in order to BFR true Dialga? Or can he do that?

Dialga true form is Time, can you even BFR all of the past, present, and future to a timeless void.

Also Dialga Time Looped Giratina in the Distortion World so it's Time power should probably work in the World of Void

I have no idea, and that's why I am raising the concept.

If GP's power can effect all spacetime on the same scale as Dialga, could he hypothetically BFR all of Dialga to a timeless dimension, hence negating/neutering his powers and abilities? It's not something I can answer properly.

We know Hit can use his Time Skip in the World of Void, but if Dialga's true self was sent into the WoV, he would lose access to spamming his avatars across spacetime or 'connecting' to his various spacetimes. Effectively bringing it down to Grand Priest vs True Dialga in a 1v1 battle.

That's my theory anyways, but I doubt this argument would be accepted for a win condition.

I mean, Everything12 has a point. Dialga has timelooped somewhere time doesn't exist before, so I guess the timehax is still up and running in World of Void.

The point isn't removing Dialga's time hax, the idea is that the World of Void would isolate Dialga from other timelines. Time hax works in the World of Void, as proven by Hit.

My suggestion is that a void 'without time' would seal Dialga from using his avatars or tapping into various timelines. Of course, that depends on the nature of his avatar creation, and whether or not it depends on timelines to use.

if Dialga, who is Time, is moved to the World of Void, wouldn't the Timelines exist there then?

I have no idea, considering it's a timeless void that seems to be disconnected from all other timelines. The World of Void isn't infinite though, so without Palkia the flow of time would just...squish all of the Dialga avatars into this one massive void, I think?

If the World of Void isn't infinite, then the action definitely isn't possible (unless you mean not infinite as in not High Multiverse), as the World of Void cannot even fit Dialga, and it will spill past it.

Dialga's size is >DBH/50

GyroNutz said:
Where does GP get his time resistance from?
It would be Xeno Goku's reasoning

(Goku is far more powerful than lesser Demon Gods, who were unaffected by Chronoa's time-based abilities)

Zeifyl said:
If the World of Void isn't infinite, then the action definitely isn't possible (unless you mean not infinite as in not High Multiverse), as the World of Void cannot even fit Dialga, and it will spill past it.
Dialga's size is >DBH/50
It's kind of vague, considering the World of Void is 'eternal' and timeless at the same time. There are mistranslations claiming WoV is an infinite dimension but these were dismissed.

The World of Void should still be a high 2-B structure and should more than enough for GP to take care of the other hence he can take on 1 pokemon at time.

Hit was able to use his hax inside the tournament and not outside of it. Ofcourse Grand Priest isn't going to force all fighters to fight in and empty void. Afterall he made the tournament inside World of Void so the battle won't affect any universes.

Every single Demon God has time stopped/rewinded, etc. on DBH's multiversal scale, which every time patrol members and basically any good guy can resist time manip

The world of void is treated exactly the same in dbh as far as I know so it's not a 2-B structure. Gp won't be able to teleport a being thats omnipresent on a 2-B scale, he would have to have a feat of teleporting an entire multiverse. There is also still the future Dialga which grand priest seemingly can't affect. How does gp affect all of space and time?

Back