• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Will Nightmare's winning streak ever stop?: Nightmare vs Tyrannosaurus rex

Jackythejack said:
Still has invisibility though and a smaller frame and...greater intelligence
Intelligence was never a factor in the previous fight, and is listed as "comparable to other animatronics" so how does it matter?

A human, no matter what intelligence, is gonna be smarter than an animal. The only reason why it wasn't brought up in the Thanos thread is because...it was never brought up? Eh. No one took the time to decide.

Nightmare is still vastly smarter than a T-Rex

Jackythejack said:
A human, no matter what intelligence, is gonna be smarter than an animal. The only reason why it wasn't brought up in the Thanos thread is because...it was never brought up? Eh. No one took the time to decide.

Nightmare is still vastly smarter than a T-Rex
Except, I covered the extent of intelligence we would expect in this scenario in my reasoning the match favored Thanos, it is in the thread if you took the time to look it over.

Nightmare isn't an experienced hunter and will have no understanding as to what to do or what approach to take when attempting to disable the reptile as he only has experience dealing with people weaker than him and those who aren't particularly combat fit, what makes you think he will be able to stand up to something much larger than him with no tool or weapon to help him? You know, like humans would to gain an advantage against animals stronger than them?

Okay don't just assume I didn't take the time to look over it. I was in that thread dude so I don't like you being presumptuous. The intelligence rating is different here, as said above.

Also the OP says the Nightmare knows the thing'll Basically end him in one bite, I'm sure he can find a way to work around that, especially given the natural weapons he still possesses, unlike Freddy, and the invisibility which would at least work for a little while undoubtedly

I'll vote Nightmare high-diff.

Hank doesn't have a calc but he downscales pretty heavily from being beat up by Jesus, although he can still be knocked through walls.

So Nightmare vs Hank is fair enough.

ThePixelKirby said:
I'll vote Nightmare high-diff.
Hank doesn't have a calc but he downscales pretty heavily from being beat up by Jesus, although he can still be knocked through walls.

So Nightmare vs Hank is fair enough.
And he doesn't have 9-A AP even though he harmed jesus and took hits from him...because?

I mean it is in his reasoning so....? \._./

It's hard to say, but Hank would probably have an AP advantage. Granted 9-B is 9-B so the advantage is likely marginal when it comes to what matters.

Jackythejack said:
Okay don't just assume I didn't take the time to look over it. I was in that thread dude so I don't like you being presumptuous. The intelligence rating is different here, as said above.

Also the OP says the Nightmare knows the thing'll Basically end him in one bite, I'm sure he can find a way to work around that, especially given the natural weapons he still possesses, unlike Freddy, and the invisibility which would at least work for a little while undoubtedly
Nightmare: Average (Can speak and understand English; Comparable to the other animatronics)

Freddy: At least average, due to being possessed by the ghost of a child.

These intelligence ratings are seemingly equal, and being able to speak and understand English is well within a child's capabilities, so it doesn't look great.

Also, this sort of argument with intellect bothers me because it's considering just smarts and not actual experience, which has much more value when determining how they will deal with a specific thing. (A person with Low intelligence but experience in dealing with animals and hunting would have better luck than someone with Average or High intelligence with no experience)

So that is what I am getting at, Nightmare will not be able to discern how to handle the Tyrannosaurus, he doesn't have the adequate range to keep his distance and still harm the reptile and doesn't have the experience or understanding necessary to immobilize it. It just isn't feasible.

He can only harm Jesus with weapons. Every time he got into melee combat early in the series, besides the dubious and very outlier-ish MC 1, Hank got his ass beat. This is shown in MC 3 (I believe) where he gets punched straight through a wall with zero effort on Jesus' part. Compare this to when he's able to contend with Jesus on equal footing later on in the series.

I'm sure he could come up with something. Considering that speed is equalized Nightmare is faster anyways, just...not by much, but every little bit counts if you ask me. I'm sure Nightmare could do something to at the very least tire such a creature out.

Jackythejack said:
I'm sure he could come up with something. Considering that speed is equalized Nightmare is faster anyways, just...not by much, but every little bit counts if you ask me. I'm sure Nightmare could do something to at the very least tire such a creature out.
Speed isn't equalized here, and Freddy lost with speed equalization.

He'd have to think quick, there's no mention of distance apart from each other as it only states that they are in a warehouse, which Nightmare doesn't necessarily have knowledge of either. In fact, this can create hazards for Nightmare as the T-Rex will toss stuff around with it's pure aggressive behavior.

...what's your point here? Nightmare is faster, because he's peak human compared to the T Rex's average human.

I feel as though that depends on if the warehouse is empty or not to be completely honest. If anything there are still just more obstacles for the T-Rex to go through.

Upon rereading... I have to vote Big Dino. Switching my vote.

First off, Dino has a massive size advantage, and considerable AP advantage. As well, Nightmare has no real feats of skill, and biting is basically impossible to pull off.

One could say that they could tire the Dino out. But the Dino is already very strong and very athletic stamina-wise, and given the fact that they are contained in a warehouse, Nightmare isn't wearing him out very easily if at all.

He has only two real advantages: He's more nimble due to a smaller size, and he's hard to see. The Dino's senses help counter being hard to see, and being small only goes so far. It takes just one bite or tail slap for Nightmare to be obliterated, and for the battle to be over.

Jackythejack said:
...what's your point here? Nightmare is faster, because he's peak human compared to the T Rex's average human.

I feel as though that depends on if the warehouse is empty or not to be completely honest. If anything there are still just more obstacles for the T-Rex to go through.
My point is that he won't be going anywhere, it is not a substantial enough difference when size is considered, as this is only due to the fact the T-Rex walks at those speeds, if Nightmare attacks, he gets swatted away like a bug.

Not really, if it's empty, the Tyrannosaurus has no way to lose Nightmare, and if it's full, then it has the possibility of knocking stuff over in order to close Nightmare in, or toss things around to hurt him. Also, if the warehouse was full, there's the possibility of Nightmare running himself into a corner, as it will be panicked because it knows it could get killed easily and does not know the terrain either.

His intelligence is not to write home about.

If a character's "strength" is intelligence comparable to a child and next to zero combat experience, that's quite a weak strength compared to a deadly dinosaur that has spent it's entire life hunting down far smaller and more mobile prey.

That is going by canon Freddy, which Nightmare doesn't scale to. He scales to the other characters from UCN who have average human intelegence, with stealth and killing being thier experiance for basically eternity as they kill the UCN player who can't die.

Killing and ambushing a frantic, defenseless man who's stuck in one room isn't exactly the pinnacle of intelligence and skill.

At detecting and repelling animatronics he is and catching people in stealth, as well as balancing multiple animatronics, tempatures, mechanics, systems and security. He is at least higher than the average man.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
That is going by canon Freddy, which Nightmare doesn't scale to. He scales to the other characters from UCN who have average human intelegence, with stealth and killing being thier experiance for basically eternity as they kill the UCN player who can't die.
...The player being a completely average person, yes. Freddy's intelligence is listed as Average in both keys either way, so this is still not something notable.

Killing a person who doesn't really fight back doesn't really count as experience against a large reptile that operates on pure hunting instinct and is physically stronger than you.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
At detecting and repelling animatronics he is and catching people in stealth, as well as balancing multiple animatronics, tempatures, mechanics, systems and security. He is at least higher than the average man.
An average man can play Ultimate Custom Night for a reason. The player is, for all intents and purposes, completely average. No fighting experience.

So yea, no, his intelligence advantage is null. Or even favoring the Dino, actually, due to primal instincts and more experience locating prey around Nightmare's size.

For those who voted in the FRA phase, I'd beg for you to reconsider or at least read over the new reasoning.

Back