• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How let him use chibaku tensei? All he has to do is clap, both can fly have homing attacks (ashura path missiles and soul suck dragon) and have speed amps. Granted I think luffy will be on the offense more then nagato but its not like hes a sitting duck
Except, casting Chibaku Tensei isn't as easy as you make it out to be, you are conveniently forgetting that Nagato doesn't have infinity amount of Chakra and Chibaku Tensei is a Jutsu that drains enormous amount of Chakra, even if we assume alive Nagato wouldn't bleed after casting Chibaku Tensei, but we never saw him capable of doing that everything else is wild assumption.

Nagato's homing attacks is fodder in comparation to Luffy's homing attacks, tbh missiles doesn't pose a threat to Luffy since his entire body is coated with Busoshoku Haki, it's so hard that even Doflamingo's threads can't bypass it the same strings were capable of destroying Fujitora's meteor and Luffy always has been consistently shown that his pain tolerance & endurance is through the roof.

Since when does Nagato have a speed amp? Sorry, I honestly don't remember that.

Except, casting Chibaku Tensei isn't as easy as you make it out to be, you are conveniently forgetting that Nagato doesn't have infinity amount of Chakra and Chibaku Tensei is a Jutsu that drains enormous amount of Chakra, even if we assume alive Nagato wouldn't bleed after casting Chibaku Tensei, but we never saw him capable of doing that everything else is wild assumption.

Nagato's homing attacks is fodder in comparation to Luffy's homing attacks, tbh missiles doesn't pose a threat to Luffy since his entire body is coated with Busoshoku Haki, it's so hard that even Doflamingo's threads can't bypass it the same strings were capable of destroying Fujitora's meteor and Luffy always has been consistently shown that his pain tolerance & endurance is through the roof.

Since when does Nagato have a speed amp? Sorry, I honestly don't remember that.
Im not exaggerating all he literally has to do is clap lol, Yes it drains alot but he wont be using like 3 of the other paths abilities here Plus nagato already has more chakra then deva pain so using it wont leave him on his death bed

Faster and stronger yes but as far as a distraction nagatos would be better here since they are projectiles. I know im not saying itll kill luffy or anything just distract

Nagato has body flicker (high speed movement) its what they use when they poof away/vanish use subitution etc

Im not exaggerating all he literally has to do is clap lol, Yes it drains alot but he wont be using like 3 of the other paths abilities here Plus nagato already has more chakra then deva pain so using it wont leave him on his death bed

Faster and stronger yes but as far as a distraction nagatos would be better here since they are projectiles. I know im not saying itll kill luffy or anything just distract

Nagato has body flicker (high speed movement) its what they use when they poof away/vanish use subitution etc
Nagato was indirectly using Chibaku Tensei, while using deva Pain's body. Konan desperately tried to stop him, but Nagato told her to be quiet which heavily emphasized it was not deva, it was Nagato who used Chibaku Tensei and Deva Pain needed to get far away from 6-tailed Naruto to cast his Chibaku Tensei. Let's assume Nagato somehow (despite Luffy's advantages) managed to find an opportunity to use Chibaku Tensei on Luffy, he essentially reduces his chakra to that of a dying man, and would I repeat, would never expect Luffy to break out. Unbeknownst to him, Luffy can break out due to his greater striking strength, thus it will give Luffy the biggest opening to deliver such a devasting blow to beat Nagato, because the fact he broke out would caught Nagato so off-guard he doesn't have the time to respond to Luffy's King Cobra.

Cough better sensory powers, distraction never really worked on Luffy since he has way more combat experience, he fought cunning, smart and ruthless pirates back then in East blue. If you were to tell me that smoke would hinder Luffy's movements and sight, you are underestimating Luffy he can even fight with closed eyes and his observation haki is far superior to the likes of Doflamingo, Usopp, Enel, Priests, also comparable to Fujitora who's literally a blind man via his advanced Haki he never had trouble fighting against anyone in the show. I almost forgot Kinemon who had the top half of his body from the waist up removed and could run around and fight normally.

Luffy has Soru, and during enies lobby Luffy was able to momentarily disappear from two skilled Soru users. But I honestly doubt it's a 1x speed amp unless it's stated otherwise.

Last edited:
well yes technically it was nagato using it but because he was using it through deva path he had to bring him closer so he can give him more chakra, And if we are saying luffy is so superior to where nagato cant even put his hands together then this is a stomp, its not like he has to maintain position for a minute straight or anything

Yeah his senses are better but whats that have to do with distractions not working? 6paths naruto has great senses but sasuke was still able to distract him with a fireball then teleport behind and chidori him

body flicker also has fte feats but it also dosent have a stated amp

well yes technically it was nagato using it but because he was using it through deva path he had to bring him closer so he can give him more chakra, And if we are saying luffy is so superior to where nagato cant even put his hands together then this is a stomp, its not like he has to maintain position for a minute straight or anything

Yeah his senses are better but whats that have to do with distractions not working? 6paths naruto has great senses but sasuke was still able to distract him with a fireball then teleport behind and chidori him

body flicker also has fte feats but it also dosent have a stated amp
How exactly is that related to his chakra? and I have never once heard of such a statement. Sorry, but can you show me a scan either Nagato or Konan explicitly saying that, because this sounds like an assumption and not solid fact.

"6paths naruto has great senses but sasuke was still able to distract him with a fireball then teleport behind and chidori him."

Ever thought about the possibility that Sasuke had almost as good senses as Naruto's? your comparison doesn't make remotely sense. I am specifically referring to "smoke hindering or distracting Luffy" when he literally has passive precognition meaning future sight, and part of his training consisted of him fighting blind against giant monsters, everytime he would remove the blindfold he gets hit by Rayleigh. Have you forgotten that Hody used various distraction and got casually bullied by Luffy's super senses, and this Luffy is far weaker than Wano Luffy.

"Luffy has precognition (Passive Future sight), telepathy, enhanced Senses, emotional senses, intent senses, danger senses, presence sensing, according to Rayleigh's explanation Luffy should be capable of sensing invisible people/individuals, and Luffy's precognition can counter someone's precognition". Can you please explain to me how Nagato is exactly distracting someone whose sensory powers and other sensing qualities are literally over 70% of the type of sensing listed in the enhanced senses page?.

Last edited:
I still think that if nagato fails to pull of bansho tenin or shinra tensei then he'll immediately go for the chibaku tensei.
Again, greater striking strength, he will immediately break out from Chibaku Tensei and defeat a half-dead Nagato who recklessly used his last resort.

The pains are stronger in the rain because they are closer to nagatos body, The closer the pains are to nagato the more power he can give them Nagato having to bring deva closer to use chibaku tensei

No sasukes senses are not better then narutos lol. Especially danger awareness wise

Some abilities of observation are passive future sight shouldn't be one of them, Thats something they have to activate kat looking into the future

Again distractions and getting caught off guard is still possible they arent All knowing. luffy did not sense batman and even if you wanna argue he did and he just Didnt care, He cares about tama and she was kidnapped as he was distracted tama getting kidnapped as luffys focus is elsewhere

those links arent working and im hurt ill try to fix it

Last edited:
The pains are stronger in the rain because they are closer to nagatos body, The closer the pains are to nagato the more power he can give them Nagato having to bring deva closer to use chibaku tensei

No sasukes senses are not better then narutos lol. Especially danger awareness wise

Some abilities of observation are passive future sight shouldn't be one of them, Thats something they have to activate kat looking into the future

Again distractions and getting caught off guard is still possible they arent All knowing. luffy did not sense batman and even if you wanna argue he did and he just Didnt care, He cares about tama and she was kidnapped as he was distracted tama getting kidnapped as luffys focus is elsewhere

those links arent working and im hurt ill try to fix it
Link doesn't work

Again, greater striking strength, he will immediately break out from Chibaku Tensei and defeat a half-dead Nagato who recklessly used his last resort.
FYI, Lifting Strength is what is needed to breakout of stuff in this site not Striking Strength.

And yes, Luffy does have the Lifting Strength to break out CT

bruh when I pressed open link it worked but once I posted it It dosent work well the chapters and pages are

One piece 914 pages 10-15
naruto 438 pages 13-16

Sorry my bad. I mixed up both things
NO_PLOBBLEM.jpeg

bruh when I pressed open link it worked but once I posted it It dosent work well the chapters and pages are

One piece 914 pages 10-15
naruto 438 pages 13-16
Are you talking about this? Link and link so because Zoro blocked it luffy couldn't sense him? 😑 that's a big stretch like luffy 🌚 but why would luffy do something when zoro is literally doing it?

Why would he not alert them that danger is coming? And then tama proceeds to get kidnapped
P.S I fixed the links

They did sense him but this is easily only for plot or he can turn off his presence or something

Why would he not alert them that danger is coming? And then tama proceeds to get kidnapped
P.S I fixed the links

You know this was PIS.... It's not uncommon in Battle Shounen, for example Goku gets hurt by a bullet going by this logic are we going to downplay Goku to bullet level? One anti feat doesn't exactly invalidate Luffy's instinct feats. When Luffy has consistently displayed to have good senses before Time-skip, in fact even way before Alabasta Arc.

So every instance of them not seeing the future passively or getting caught off guard is PIS? Maybe it's just not passive
Doffy didn't see the law and luffy shambles red hawk combo either

So every instance of them not seeing the future passively or getting caught off guard is PIS? Maybe it's just not passive
Doffy didn't see the law and luffy shambles red hawk combo either
........sigh..... I swear! Why do I have to explain this to you? do you even know the meaning of PIS? This was PIS and Doffy getting caught off wasn't.

Law had Observation Haki comparable to Doflamingo, Dressrosa Luffy had Observation Haki comparable to Doffy as well, but are inferior to him in terms of speed and power. What next? Sanji shouldn't dodge Katakuri's bean when this was established very early on to be an Observation Haki battle, and Sanji was explicitly confirmed to have Advanced Observation Haki as well.

Only another user of Kenbunshoku Haki with proficient lvl can counter Advanced and other lvls of Kenbunshoku Haki! It's simple, imagine that. Almost everyone in the new world has pseudo-precognition, and has dealt with someone's pseudo-precognition as well.

Luffy being hit by another proficient Kenbunshoku Haki user isn't PIS because Luffy isn't the only one using Kenbunshoku Haki. However, Batman exist to make the plot more interesting, if you are going to take this route then why didn't Naruto saved Kawakari from Delta's laser beam? You see, this comparison does as much sense as you bringing up batman to downplay Luffy's instinct feats.

@Josh even if batman is PIS what about tama getting kidnapped, Or katakuri not seeing luffy taking brulee and leaving the mirrior world Batman isnt the ONLY example Yes Is there something wrong with citing luffy and laws combo?

@Raz What does luffy and law having comparable obsvervation have to do with doffy not knowing law is about to use shambles on him? Also on the profiles law is Rudimentary where as Doffy is proficient, And I know the authors aren't gonna have those type of abilities on 24/7 for story purposes but we cant write off EVERY instance as PIS. Im not downplaying his feats im just saying the future seeing ability isnt passive

@monkey He could have just reacted, himi ignores dura with gentle fist:cool:

@Josh even if batman is PIS what about tama getting kidnapped, Or katakuri not seeing luffy taking brulee and leaving the mirrior world Batman isnt the ONLY example Yes Is there something wrong with citing luffy and laws combo?

@Raz What does luffy and law having comparable obsvervation have to do with doffy not knowing law is about to use shambles on him? Also on the profiles law is Rudimentary where as Doffy is proficient, And I know the authors aren't gonna have those type of abilities on 24/7 for story purposes but we cant write off EVERY instance as PIS. Im not downplaying his feats im just saying the future seeing ability isnt passive

@monkey He could have just reacted, himi ignores dura with gentle fist:cool:
You know you are unnecessarily dragging this out and at the same time just conveniently ignoring all other arguments, instead of focusing on downplaying Observation Haki make a new thread or CTR and do it there, I can tell you already that you will get rejected. This is not about Observation Haki "downplay thread" it's Luffy vs Nagato.

Tama getting kidnapped is for the sake of the plot, like the same way they intentionally downplayed Naruto's sensory powers in Boruto so that Naruto doesn't instantly find out Kara's current whereabouts or Goku being fooled by things that he dealt back then in OG DB. Plot made Luffy not one shotting batman or knocking out via Haoshuko Haki, therefore irrelevant. Plot made Naruto not using a shadow close to protect Kawakari, while we are at it let's just downplay every verse for one anti feat!.

Now you are using this as an argument? As I said before, almost everyone in the new world has Kenbunshoku Haki. Law dealt with someone's pseudo-precognition, Doflamingo deal with someone's pseudo-precognition, and Luffy dealt with someone's pseudo-precognition. What do all three have in common? Kenbunshoku Haki which is precognition and pseudo-precognition! Batman is insignificant to the story and mostly a meme character using him as legitimate anti feat is rather sad, tbh. Also, your explanation is pretty bad as to why Luffy shouldn't know Law's ability. Furthermore, Doffy greatly underestimated them and just sat down and watched them fighting against Black knight and Bellamy, Luffy's battle instinct and knowledge of law's ability to teleport/swap thing gave him the idea when he tries to attack law, law can use switch himself with Doffy. Considering Law's abilities are instantaneous Doffy didn't had the time to dodge, you could tell by Doffy's expression he knew it was going to hurt him. Given Luffy's a Combat Genuis is that really something worth questioning?

During wholecake island arc Katakuri and Luffy almost fought for 24 hours with Katakuri passively using Observation Haki and avoiding Luffy's attacks, if it weren't passive then how exactly could he fight for almost 24 hours without being hit at least once by Luffy, who's practically a combat Genuis and effectively uses his environment to find a way to hit him. Luffy only was able to fight him after second round of their fight because Luffy was slowly approaching to his level.

You have two anti-feats, both are not in-combat, secondly for the sake of plot, thirdly Katakuri seeing Luffy taking brulee can honestly not be used to downplay his future sight. He saw Luffy taking brulee and emphasized "Oh no" because he accidentally kicked him near to her.

What next, his future sight or observation isn't perfect? Always has been nor is Sage Naruto's sensory powers and Goku's MUI, yet that doesn't matter because said powers hard counters specific characters. Allow me to clarify: Luffy even without Kenbunshoku Haki could see through distraction and even used it to his own advantage, a bit smoke or explosion wouldn't hinder Luffy's movements and sight, Kenbunshoku Haki and his listed abilities further enhancing this. So my question to you was how do smoke hinder Luffy's movements and sight, you suddenly brought up irrelevant things instead of answering my question.

Luffy was caught off-guard multiple times in Enies lobby, Sabaody Arc Time-skip, Skypia and other Arcs, yet Luffy managed to dodge while being distracted by thinking about his food, Hancock gave him, was being distracted by singing Aho-Baka, caught off-guard by Blueno's door door ability to spin his head, part of his training involved sleeping with a blindfold while sleeping with the animals. I can go on, if you want? and that's already more than your batman and Tama arguments.

Anyways, I think Luffy got 6 votes, so can we close this already, perhaps my math is bad or forgot someone.

Alright, let's count all the votes.

Back