• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so answer me this: can your RE adapt to and overcome a Tier 0 HAX?
Woah there pardner
anyways, tier 0 is much different from a finite gap, and judging by the graphs, there’s no doubt that Garou is capable of getting any finite amounts stronger through sheer AD alone
But uh, the answer to that question is certainly unknown for now since we’ll need more info on limiters, but it’s not relevant

I mean, Juubito blitzed Hashirama and within a few pages he was fully recovered, and Juubito is superior to Edo Hashirama in all aspects.
In that time span Obito was also fighting a bunch of people that was taking his focus away from them. If he only had to fight them, then their regen speed wouldn't overcome the fact he can always one shot them.
In which thread was this discussed?
In the thread that removed it from his profile. You can see his horn fall on Tenten's scroll at Chapter 677
their ability to open portals would be considered a ninjutsu
Its a manipulation of space-time through cosmic radiation, not through inner energy like chakra.

I have proven that chakra fits enough context that Garou should be able to copy it. You need to prove that the hyperspace portals fit enough of chakra's definitions that Madara can absorb them.
Honestly, I can't see why not.
Because you lose the light of the Sharingan forever. Its not just your retinas failing or whatever.

There's also the point here: If they could spam it why did he never do it throughout the entire plot.
you are claiming that Garou's RE has no limits
I have not, I even explained my point earlier
I think a NLF would be assuming he can gain higher dimensional resistance or smurf resistance. Just getting higher resistance to stuff is backed by some other showings, like his heat resistance.
I'm saying that Garou can overcome a minor difference in layered resistance because Madara does not have higher dimensional hax. If Madara's hypnosis was like Professor X or Martian Manhunter's telepathy that can effect Tier 2 or 1 people then of course he couldn't adapt to that without actual evidence.

But just gaining a few layers of resistance over time? That fits with what he's been shown to be able to do.

I think giving hax a tier is often odd to begin with
tell kumagawa and all fiction, literally many believe that it is a universal range, when something like a concept, is something that is in all of reality (it depends of the size of the reality,but it extend to all reality in a way)

Last edited:
crazy, even garou in his monster state (pre centipede) was put to sleep, and unconsciously managed to beat his master and learn the bang and bomb technique. and all that while he was unconscious, a genjutsu would not be a problem for garou, he simply adapts and that's it, or even if it works, he fights unconscious and continues to defeat madara.
How can you guarantee that Garou can instantly overcome 5 layers of various HAX at once?

When Garou was put to sleep he still had a delay before he started to react against his master, these seconds would be fatal against Madara who would finish him with dura neg, even more in 5 layers that would require more time for your RE to act.

How can you guarantee that Garou can instantly overcome 5 layers of various HAX at once?

When Garou was put to sleep he still had a delay before he started to react against his master, these seconds would be fatal against Madara who would finish him with dura neg, even more in 5 layers that would require more time for your RE to act.
wait...how the hell is that about hax's layers? what does it have to be like the difference in power between the characters? I mean it's something like 2 times per layer.
In addition, Garou's power makes him overcome the enemy (almost instantly) like Saitama, Saitama was one-shotted, but then he one-shotted the one-shotted him (that is, if that was at least 100 times stronger, or at least it is what can be said) and garou is similar to saitama (except saitama didn't break the limiter, he just removed it, erased it completely)

Soul Stealing
Which Garou can break out of I a multitude of ways, not the least being that he utterly dwarfs Madara's lifting strength.

Summoning of the King of Hell,
Se above.

h Statistics Reduction using Wood Release,
All of Garou's attacks are quintillions of times more powerful than his Wood Release. They get shattered before they even get close to him.

Sealing with the same seal Madara used on Obito,
The seal involved putting it on Obito's heart when half his body was smashed. He never used this seal on any other character so to argue he'd use it in a fight is a massive OoC move if not outright impossible.

Garou's mind is not immediately destroyed with 5 layers before his RE activates.
Garou can end the fight at any time by finger gunning Madara and teleporting him to Jupiter.

There's no counter to this or Garou getting progressively stronger as time goes on.

In that time span Obito was also fighting a bunch of people that was taking his focus away from them. If he only had to fight them, then their regen speed wouldn't overcome the fact he can always one shot them.
If that's not enough, there's also Nagato being totally incinerated by Amaterasu (described as the flames that never go out) and after using ST, his body regenerates instantly. Garou surpassing Madara's regeneration speed is definitely not a thing. And it was never a problem in combat in Naruto.
I have proven that chakra fits enough context that Garou should be able to copy it. You need to prove that the hyperspace portals fit enough of chakra's definitions that Madara can absorb them.
Garou's use of portals would fit the description of space-time ninjutsu, such as Kamui and Hiraishin. Other characters in the Boruto series such as Kawaki and Momoshiki also make use of space-time portals.

Since at no time was a limit on the absorption of the Rinnegan stated, and dimensional/space-time portals constitute part of the power system in Naruto, added to Madara's NPI, there is nothing to prevent him from absorbing them.
Because you lose the light of the Sharingan forever. Its not just your retinas failing or whatever.

There's also the point here: If they could spam it why did he never do it throughout the entire plot.
Why would it be unnecessary because of its regeneration.

He already used him to further his plan. Also, you are disregarding that Madara just toyed with his opponents throughout his Edo form, and when he was revived, he lost his EMS. That doesn't mean he wouldn't use it in a real danger situation against an unknown and million times stronger opponent.
I'm saying that Garou can overcome a minor difference in layered resistance because Madara does not have higher dimensional hax. If Madara's hypnosis was like Professor X or Martian Manhunter's telepathy that can effect Tier 2 or 1 people then of course he couldn't adapt to that without actual evidence.

But just gaining a few layers of resistance over time? That fits with what he's been shown to be able to do.
First, you need to prove that Garou's brain will be intact and potentially adaptive after receiving 5 layers of Mind Hax, without him going brain-dead or having sequelae.

Secondly, Genjutsu doesn't just render the person unconscious or drowsy, Madara with Perception Manipulation can make Garou see anything Madara wants, and he can still enlist the aid of Mokubunshins to further distract him and study him like a book via EMS. Being able to fight in his sleep really doesn't matter.

Garou with his RE can overcome how many layers of HAX? 10? 50? 100? 1000? And almost instantly? That wasn't very clear in the argument.

here's also Nagato being totally incinerated by Amaterasu
He was not incinerated by the Amaterasu
Garou's use of portals would fit the description of space-time ninjutsu, such as Kamui and Hiraishin.
Kamui has never been absorbed by anyone with the Rinnegan and neither has the Flying Thunder God. Both examples operate differently from the hyperspace portals Garou has access to.
Why would it be unnecessary because of its regeneration.
I meant he never used it, ever.

Not when Zetsu stabbed him, not when he was being pushed by Naruto/Sasuke and not at any other critical moment. This is not a in-character move for him to do. The only time he did do it was with a ton of prep.
First, you need to prove that Garou's brain will be intact and potentially adaptive
Garou's can resist paralysis inducement multiple forms ago, Genjutsu can always be disrupted with proper energy control and Madara's standard fighting tactic has never involved complex illusions against his enemy.
Madara with Perception Manipulation can make Garou see anything Madara wants
It doesn't matter, as his body can operate independently of Garou's mind.
Garou with his RE can overcome how many layers of HAX? 10? 50? 100? 1000?
Madara doesn't have ten layers of any hax.

Garou has been shown to develop resistances to abilities the instant he's been effected by them. Madara's standard Genjutsu isn't enough to deep six Garou and his heavier genjutsu can be survived long enough until Garou can counter them.

On the other hand Madara has no counter to the Finger Gun

Which Garou can break out of I a multitude of ways, not the least being that he utterly dwarfs Madara's lifting strength.
And so you ignore that my argument is about a combo. Madara traps Garou in genjutsu, and before his RE activates, just steal his soul. It would be a quick move and without any chance of reaction.

Se above.

All of Garou's attacks are quintillions of times more powerful than his Wood Release. They get shattered before they even get close to him.

The seal involved putting it on Obito's heart when half his body was smashed. He never used this seal on any other character so to argue he'd use it in a fight is a massive OoC move if not outright impossible.
Garou will not act, he will be immobile because he is being affected by the genjutsu + some Layered HAX, that is if he isn't brain dead.

Madara traps Garou in genjutsu, and before his RE activates, just steal his soul.
Madara then rushes towards Garou and gets one shot by his body's instinctive reaction
Garou will not act,
Garou's body does not require his mind to work in order to fight. Madara negating Garou's higher mental abilities temporarily just doesn't mean much when his body can still work without that higher level of thought. As soon as Garou gains enough resistance Madara gets shredded and Finger Gun'ed to Jupiter.

Are we sure it would be usable? Because, like, Garou doesn't even have eyes in this form
I explained above.

Incidentally, in Itachi's light novel, it is implied that the regular Sharingan pours the user's own Chakra into the victim's body and then uses their chakra to put them into a Genjutsu without requiring direct eye contact. Madara who is immensely more experienced than any Uchiha could very well do the same.

main-qimg-3032d36f043fd63733bff7dd11297124-lq

Actually wait, Madara doesn't even scale to this feat.
“At the same time as I awakened these eyes, I got a certain jutsu. A jutsu called ‘Kotoamatsukami.’”

“Kotoamatsukami.” Itachi felt an indescribable unearthliness in the word.

“It puts the person trapped in the genjutsu into a state of total unawareness; then, you can make them do what you want.”

Itachi understood that this was basically what visual jutsu was; whether or not the target was aware of what was happening was determined by the ninja applying the jutsu. The ninja incited an awareness in the target that they were caught in a jutsu, leading the target to doubt everything, and get caught up in the jutsu. Or else the target unconsciously sank bit by bit into the jutsu, so that by the time they realized what was going on, there was nothing they could do about it. This Kotoamatsukami fell into the latter category, which wasn’t particularly uncommon for a visual jutsu.

“The advantage of this technique is that the effect and the duration are both multiplied because of the power of the Mangekyo sharingan,” Shisui added.

As if urging him to explain, Itachi stayed silent, and continued to stare at his friend’s strange sharingan.

“For the visual jutsu of a normal sharingan, your gaze has to intersect with the gaze of your intended target to some degree. You need that direct action, and the flow of chakra. But the Mangekyo sharingan allows me to sidestep all that a bit. I just have to look at my target’s eyes, and I can pour my chakra in, even if our gazes aren’t intersecting. And the amount of chakra is several times more than with normal sharingan. So the target falls into the visual jutsu instantly. They have no idea anything’s even happened.”

“So you mean by the time the enemy sees you, they’re already in the jutsu?”

“That’s it exactly.”

“And you’re going to use that on my father?”

Shisui nodded forcefully. “If I can just get him in Kotoamatsukami, I can make Lord Fugaku tell everyone the coup is off. And I can make Fugaku himself believe from the bottom of his heart that it was his own idea.”
This is Shisui's Mangekyo Sharingan power that Madara does not have access to.

Actually wait, Madara doesn't even scale to this feat.

This is Shisui's Mangekyo Sharingan power that Madara does not have access to.
Madara has a Mangekyou Sharingan superior to Shisui's.

Kotoamatsukami > EMS Madara > Base MS Shisui

The jutsu used in the scan can't be Kotoamatsukami, Danzou stole one eye and Shisui gave the other eye to Itachi, so the scale still works.

The jutsu used in the scan can't be Kotoamatsukami, Danzou stole one eye and Shisui gave the other eye to Itachi, so the scale still works.
You do know the event in that story is taking place before all of that happens right? Danzo steals the eye after their talk.

Quite literally the story tells us it is about Kotoamatsukami
“At the same time as I awakened these eyes, I got a certain jutsu. A jutsu called ‘Kotoamatsukami.’”
“So you mean by the time the enemy sees you, they’re already in the jutsu?”

“That’s it exactly.”

“And you’re going to use that on my father?”

Shisui nodded forcefully. “If I can just get him in Kotoamatsukami, I can make Lord Fugaku tell everyone the coup is off. And I can make Fugaku himself believe from the bottom of his heart that it was his own idea.”
Madara does not scale to this feat at all. None of his Ocular powers are anywhere near as good as Kotoamatsukami

You do know the event in that story is taking place before all of that happens right? Danzo steals the eye after their talk.

Quite literally the story tells us it is about Kotoamatsukami
I refer to the fact that you use the mention of Kotoamatsukami to take Madara off the scale, with Kotoamatsukami never being used by Shisui and therefore can only be associated with Shisui's base MS.

Madara would still apply. Kotoamatsukami > EMS Madara > Base MS Shisui.

with Kotoamatsukami never being used by Shisui and therefore can only be associated with Shisui's base MS.
Your point here just doesn't work as I mentioned. Shisui was explicitly talking about Kotoamatsukami with Itachi. Its why right after that paragraph Itachi asks "Are you going to yes that jutsu on my father" and Shisui says "Yes, I am going to use Kotoamatsukami on your father." Madara just doesn't scale to this feat.
Did you mean to use this scan? Though this only happens after his face is shattered by Saitama, which Madara can't replicate.

Still, my Izanagi point stands. When Garou sends Madara to Jupiter, Madara can use his Izanagi to completely nullify that and catch Garou completely off guard, and Madara has already been shown to create battle plans in a few moments of fighting, like against Naruto and Sasuke.

And there is no reason for us to assume any reaction, Izanagi is the perfect illusion of a death. Basically, what I want to reinforce is that both have perfectly valid wincons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back