• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy.

Precognition + Higher AP (with blunt force resistance), on par if not superior skill.

Hard fought battle, but the winner

Knightofannihilation666 said:
You do realize Luffy can fly to right? And his AP is Nuffield for the most part due to Luffy's blunt force resistance.
(with Gear 4, Luffy can glide through the air at high speeds using the elastic force from his kicks) This limited tho...example baby pan can fly to out space.

(with Gear 4, Luffy can glide through the air at high speeds using the elastic force from his kicks) This far different ...example baby pan can fly to out space.

It's pseudo flight yes but it's still flight. Again Kenbunshoku Haki allows him to dodge attacks from Goku be it physical or Ki based, attacks that will Follow Goku until they hit him, blunt force resistance, skill and stamina.

As for this ki blast debate, I think Goku would eventually throw one or two out there and realize it does more damage, and continue to use them. He likely wouldn't spam them, but he'd use them more than usual. As for my vote, Luffy probably takes this for reasons above. He's just got to dodge the ki blasts and he has this in the bag.

Noahkaismith said:
As for this ki blast debate, I think Goku would eventually throw one or two out there and realize it does more damage, and continue to use them. He likely wouldn't spam them, but he'd use them more than usual. As for my vote, Luffy probably takes this for reasons above. He's just got to dodge the ki blasts and he has this in the bag.
What about luffy's 20min time limit?

Noahkaismith said:
The battle won't last that long.
Why not? You think goku can't survive for just 20 minutes? People are acting like it's a long time his fight with piccolo was longer.

Darkmon cns said:
Noahkaismith said:
The battle won't last that long.
Why not? You think goku can't survive for just 20 minutes? People are acting like it's a long time his fight with piccolo was longer.
So? This is a quick and concise battle. </div>

Yes you did

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Stamina and the duration of forms are two very different things.
The form only last 20 minutes because of its low stamina do you know what the definition of stamina is?

SSJ4-ish Luffy for reasons above.

Also i think we should discount Kyle Ramos's second vote because it practically means he could vote 7 times and get away with it. Also traditionally in threads it's one vote per user.

and surprise suprise i'm not biased towards dragon ball

While it's true Goku doesn't start with ki blasts and prefers CQC, but remember Goku v Botamo? When his punches didn't do anything, Goku resorted to kamehameha. So there's that.

Also, when Goku realizes what's going on, he will definitely use it, so I don't see how that is a valid point.

AKM sama said:
While it's true Goku doesn't start with ki blasts and prefers CQC, but remember Goku v Botamo? When his punches didn't do anything, Goku resorted to kamehameha. So there's that.
Also, when Goku realizes what's going on, he will definitely use it, so I don't see how that is a valid point.
I'm not saying that Goku won't resort to ki blasts if necessary, even he's not that boneheaded. But to start by resorting only to ki blasts, no. He starts swith CQC even when he's fully aware of the power gap between him and his opponent.

The argument was never that Goku would never use Ki attacks. The argument was that he isn't going to spam them. And again Luffy can always dodge them normally or with Kenbunshoku Haki.

Luffy attacks with his body he ain't dodging an attack that is simple blocking his.

Luffy throws a punch and Goku a ki blast, Luffy gets damage while Goku doesn't which gives him a good advantage in particular when he restores to his super kamehameha and tries a one shot with it. Goku is also using ki attacks in close combat so he can still keep doing damage, before one kamehameha that can pretty much one shot.

That said this was actually a nice discussion here. (Didn't expect that)

Jimbob The Fiddle said:
Goku as he can kill.
State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Luffy gets tired pretty quickly

but then Goku has more stamina when he was teenager then when he's a god so I see that as an advantage

1 point to Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back