• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku soul destruction resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hakai is just existance erasure so it would jsut mean resistance to existance erasure.Erasing souls is just basic for existance erasure

But Hakai goes beyond being simply this, for from what has been shown it can affect the soul, and if you resist directly being erased by something that has been explicitly shown to destroy souls, you have resistance against both.

DragonEmperor23 said:
having resistance to EE means he resists soul Destruction
I don't believe that's how that works. EE vs Mind, Matter and Soul Erasure/Destruction is odd. I am not 100% sure on how resistances interact with this.

DragonEmperor23 said:
having resistance to EE means he resists soul Destruction
I do not think so, because if this were so we could apply resistance against destruction of mind and matter as well. I think the EE needs to show if it can erase in more than one plane, as is the case with Hakai.

EE doesn't automaticaly mean it involve souls (lots of vers don't even have those) but in this case, Sidra precisely said that they won't even be in the after life anymore, which require for their soul to get destroyed

Hakai erases body,soul, and idk about mind but that part doesn't matter. If Goku resists the destruction of his soul and body simultaneously, why would he not be able to resist just the destruction of his soul?

But if he resisted the Hakai that destroys the soul and the body he should be able to withstand other blows that destroy only the soul, so I think it fair to apply that resistance on his profile

.*Flashbacks of Thresh vs Goku*

Anyway, no. Erasure that destroys your soul is just that. Erasure.

It's different from someone punching or absorbing your soul, which is what soul manipulation is

Destruction of the Soul or Erase is also Soul Manipulation, of course in a limited way, but still is. Just as punching souls is also.

He is resistant to soul destruction done via void manipulation.

That's literally resistance to EE. There is no point in calling it resistance to soul manipulation if he resists a soul erasure and that's it.

I explained this here

Read this post said:
I think anybody stronger than the user can overpower it anyway.
Yes, Hakai doesn't work on stronger beings.

Anyways what Kaltias said is right. Existence erasure is general, soul manipulatation is specific to the soul.

Yes, I understand, Goku has resistance against Soul Destruction, but that does not mean he would endure an absorption of it.

The point is that Soul Destruction is a limited variation of Soul Manip ... Anyway, ignore what I said before. Is it fair to apply this resistance on the profile?

There's a difference though. That guy is claiming Goku can resist soul absorption, not soul destruction. EE = Body destruction + Soul Destruction. If Goku can resist the sum then he can resist one part of it. I'm pretty sure there are other characters with resistance to soul destruction specifically on this wiki.

Rei Rubro said:
Yes, I understand, Goku has resistance against Soul Destruction, but that does not mean he would endure an absorption of it.

The point is that Soul Destruction is a limited variation of Soul Manip ... Anyway, ignore what I said before. Is it fair to apply this resistance on the profile?
I can erase a pencil drawing on a paper. Does that mean I can make the drawing move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back