• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku shakes the entire world of void, or does he?

Hello Everyone

I have been thinking about the World of void shaking feat and the fact that if Goku shook a realm infinite in size, he's Ki would have to be Infinite (it's not) and he's Ki would have to travel to all corners of the infinite realm to shake it (can't do that because infinite realm and I am sure Ki has a travel time). Of course, all that can be ignored if you go just by character statements and decide that, he just did it.

Shaking the void

I want to offer a different solution on what happened. When they say "infinite nothingness" I am guessing that they mean true emptiness (no space, no time, nothing at all). Unless Ki somehow can shake space that is not there it would be hard to shake an infinite empty realm. What I think actually happend is that Goku shock the area around the Tournament of power arena (Image). I believe that this is more plausible, since there is actually space there that they can move through and some concept of time has to exist because the tournament timer, Hits time stop ability and wasn't universe 2 somehow connected to their universe somehow, so there has to be "time" in the tournament area.

what do you guys think about this?

(sorry for the crappy image, my paint skills are not the best xD)

I agree with the OP.I think that is the important question that can change powerscaling of the verse(but i am not sure).Some knowladgable staff members should look at this.

This dosen't really change anything as the low 2c rating comes from scaling with infinite zamasu, but even so they specifically said "the whole world of void" when stating it was shaking, clearly referring to the entire realm and besides it's even more likely when you take into account Toppo's warping if the entire realm as well.

I think there is no reason to keep them at low2c if they lose a feat like that.I mean,you can't just powerscale characters from IZ who became larger than a universe and even intered a futur time,he is legit low2c.And if i dont forget Beerus said that he could not defeat IZ.(but i am not sure,I need to rewatch IZ arc).

I dont know if this is going to be accepted.

Physics in fiction does not have to meet standards of theories in our existence. Additionally, ki is made up of Vigor, Courage and Mind. There are different types of ki, such as good ki, evil ki, godly ki, God of Destruction ki, et cetera. So, defining ki as finite is difficult when it can be activated by a combination of factors that have no limits.

We saw SS3 Goku shake Other World (afterlife) in the film Fusion Reborn, so there is precedent for these types of feats. We also saw characters like Super Buu and SS3 Gotenks scream through dimensions in DBZ, as well as Vegeta destroying the Hyperbolic Time Chamber on several occasions in DBS.

It was stated by Whis at the beginning of the Tournament of Power that the stage had been made so that every player felt the gravity from their birth planet. So, certain physics do apply on the actual fighting stage. The World of Void is the infinite nothingness that the Grand Priest chose to create the stage, and he controlled the physics like stopping characters from flying if they couldn't do it naturally.

Beyond the confines of the stage and the stands, there is infinite nothingness. We've seen characters like the Grand Priest and Toppo actually manipulate the World of Void, so we already know that Toppo with his Destruction energy performed feats on the scale of a low 2-C character. We also know that Jiren's power was stated to be beyond time, and we know that Jiren is stronger than his God of Destruction Belmod.

I think it's evident that both Jiren and Goku shook infinite nothingness, as they both showed the same feat in one episode.

I can't believe people are still disagreeing with Low 2-C God tiers when Matt of all people upgraded them with good arguments that are quite difficult if not impossible to disagree with.

Shouldn't we upgrade Vegeta's SSB form to Low 2-C .... Considering he went head to head with Post-ToP SSB Goku , who should be comparable, or superior to his ToP SSB. Also... I heavily disagree with a downgrade for the god-tiers....

Dzhindzholia said:
I think there is no reason to keep them at low2c if they lose a feat like that.I mean,you can't just powerscale characters from IZ who became larger than a universe and even intered a futur time,he is legit low2c.And if i dont forget Beerus said that he could not defeat IZ.(but i am not sure,I need to rewatch IZ arc).
I dont know if this is going to be accepted.
"Beerus said he could not defeat IZ"

lol wot?

First of all,i said that i may be wrong,ill reqatch episodes.

I think Matt has to look at this thread.We can't just ignore him cause they are already low2c for some reasons.

"Beerus literally stated he could.... Wow."

Give me a scan where he says that he can defeat IZ.I dont remember such thing.

Edit:I rewatched the episode and it wasn't indicated that Beerus can kill IZ.Even Goku smh like "How can Beerus destroy immortal?" They decided to go and kill him earlier in the past.

my dude, this feat has nothing to do with their low 2-C rating, they scale from Zamasu who has low 2-C of his own

@Shadowbokunohero

You are right but they can't be scaled from low2c if they have 0 feats.And shaking the world of void is a feat.

Beerus couldn't kill IZ due to his immortality. Beerus is still much stronger than IZ.

He was concerned,you can see it in his serious look,Whis also was concerned .

Whis : I sense a flow of unpleasent energy that makes my skin tingle.

Beerus: It is Zamasu,something happend in the future.It is having an effect on the present.

Episode 67 7:15.

@Dzhindzholia The fact that Beerus felt IZ's power and thought very little of it. The fact that when Jiren was stated to exhibit power greater than any other past foe, Whis said this power was like a God of Destruction's. Or the fact that in the official promos Beerus said that Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku (the same one that was stronger than Jiren who is explicitly stronger than IZ) stated that MUI might be stronger than him.

It is pointless to try to argue physics in stuff from the 3-A level onwards. If physics were followed 100%, things would start breaking down very early in the Tiers. Even something like 4-B is rather impossible physically speaking. The sheer amount of energy densely packed into one place would collapse and create a black hole.

Universe / Multiverse / Creation shaking feats are very common in fiction, and you musn't ask how it is possible for energy to travel across infinite distance in finite time. It just does. Similarly, Goku and Jiren are Low 2-C. If you want to apply physics to it their energy is above infinity on what we can quantify by Joules.

Which is another thing, at Tier 2 stuff stops being mathematically quantifiable in a precise way, because numerical values of Joules and Newtons are exceeded entirely.

It was stated multiple times that it shook the entire realm, leaving no room for doubt, and the feat was later replicated when Toppo warped the whole realm with his GoD Energy.

To be fair, we all downplay or wank (cough) a verse/character but yeah sometimes you just have to accept the reality and the reality of this situation is they shook an infinite realm, that inturn requires infinite energy, it has been stated numerous times to be infinite, what else do you need????

As for the God Tiers not being Low 2-C, seriously? Beerus meh'd at IZ yet shit his pants when Jiren revealed a fraction of his true power. Isn't that proof enough? no? How about Jiren being stated to have the strongest energy ever felt? Why wouldn't you count IZ?

I am not a wanker of downplayer of DB verse or any other,i read the OP and decided to agree with him ruther than ignore,isn't strange for you that people are able to breath or Hit is capable of using Time skip in the place of infinity nothingness,the world of void?I am not going to debate about it if staff already rejected that "downgrade".

The World of Void has space (Or else they wouldn't be anywhere to move), it has time (Or else there would be no time to measure the tournamnet), and is evidently not 100% empty either. Its background is composed of cloudy wavey... stuff, whose color is changed by the Grand Priest midway, and which is later warped by Toppo's energy.

When they say nothingness they could just be refering to the lack of Planets/Galaxies or stuff like that, idk though.

Yeah, the line of it being devoid of space and time doesn't make much sense (Or else it would either not exist, or be a 1-A void, and it definitely isn't the later), and I think that the nothingness refers to it being only empty space, safe for its edge and at least until Toppo stepped in.

Dont get me wrong i agree with the Low 2-C scaling from Zamasu and what not but this feat is something im not really sure on. (Not that they actually need this feat)

We consider it infinite because it has been stated to be infinite several times and nothing contradicts it being infinite either, iirc.

considering that many of their other statements were wrong there's no real reason to assume that it's infinite, if we do then we are simply just cherry picking what we like from the feat and disregarding everything else.

there's a lot of stuff shown to contradict that it's infinite in size actually.

If anything it seems the whole world of the void is full of hyperboles,

from what we have seen it's far more likely that it's simply just an empty Universe

Back