• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You might want to change the battlefield as I’m pretty sure Goku and Kartana can’t survive in space meaning a lack of oxygen will likely kill both of them before they can kill each other, and as Strym said earlier, Kartana is High 3-A not 3-A

You might want to change the battlefield as I’m pretty sure Goku and Kartana can’t survive in space meaning a lack of oxygen will likely kill both of them before they can kill each other, and as Strym said earlier, Kartana is High 3-A not 3-A
Ok, their both 3-C now, they should be even since Kartana is very Far into 3-C while Goku is Galaxy+

Goku = 3.070048 × 1068 joules or 11 Zettatons
1 Yottaton or 1.198368*10^68= Necrozma>>>>>>>>> Nihgilego = Kartana

No.

Kartana ~ 50% Zygarde >> Mega Mewtwo => Necrozma = 1.198368*10^68 J
Man, My scaling sucks.
I thought Necrozma >>>> Kartana for some reason…
tho Quick Question: How does Kartana scale above Necrozma?
I actually don’t know why.

Man, My scaling sucks.
I thought Necrozma >>>> Kartana for some reason…
tho Quick Question: How does Kartana scale above Necrozma?
I actually don’t know why.
Kartana is an Ultra Beast, making it around 50% Zygarde level. Zygarde in 50% was able to hold its own against a weakened Ultra Necrozma. Nihilego was also shown to fight against Dawn Wings Necrozma to confirm these dudes being >>> Base Necrozma.

Kartana is an Ultra Beast, making it around 50% Zygarde level. Zygarde in 50% was able to hold its own against a weakened Ultra Necrozma. Nihilego was also shown to fight against Dawn Wings Necrozma to confirm these dudes being >>> Base Necrozma.
Ok, I thought Dawn Wings Stomped Nihilego so I thought Necrozma>Ultra Beasts.

Regardless. Goku should still be a bit stronger despite Kartana upscaling a lot from Necrozma, who's ≈ x2.562 times weaker than SSJ3 Goku. However, Kartana can amp its attack (but not defense) up to x4, overcoming this gap, despite Goku can get stronger the more the fight goes on. But I do say that Kartana would get the upper hand as the increase in power would be faster.

About LS, Kartana completely crushes Goku, given that is Class Z vs Class G.

Goku has better skill and attacks which Kartana is vulnerable to, making him able to take it down with enough hits, though Kartana has much more versatility in types of attacks, other than being able to use Synthesis to recover both health and stamina, with Goku is at huge disadvantage, given how fast SS3 drains stamina. And without SS3, Goku is basically dead against such an opponent.

I vote Kartana High diff due to LS advantage, better stats boost, self healing and an immense stamina advantage.

Last edited:
Regardless. Goku should still be a bit stronger despite Kartana upscaling a lot from Necrozma, who's ≈ x2.562 times weaker than SSJ3 Goku. However, Kartana can amp its attack (but not defense) up to x4, overcoming this gap, despite Goku can get stronger the more the fight goes on. But I do say that Kartana would get the upper hand as the increase in power would be faster.

Goku has better skill and attacks which Kartana is vulnerable to, making him able to take it down with enough hits, though Kartana has much more versatility in types of attacks, other than being able to use Synthesis to recover both health and stamina, with Goku is at huge disadvantage, given how fast SS3 drains stamina. And without SS3, Goku is basically dead against such an opponent.

I vote Kartana High diff due to LS advantage, better stats boost, self healing and an immense stamina advantage.
Vote Counted……

What answers it has to a kamehameha, which is strong enough to one shot opponents even stronger than Goku himself? Goku should outskill and defeat it easily.

EDIT: I also want to mention that Goku should hold a ridiculous AP advantage regardless as Goku performed his feat by literally screaming, he was so strong that just transforming shook the afterlife so he should be >>> the value.

Last edited:
What answers it has to a kamehameha, which is strong enough to one shot opponents even stronger than Goku himself? Goku should outskill and defeat it easily.
  1. One shotting someone in your verse doesn't equate to one shotting people of others. That means simple upscaling.
  2. Kartana can still dodge
  3. I did say that Goku outskills, but Kartana completely destroys in a physical fight due to LS gap and has an higher variety of attacks.
EDIT: I also want to mention that Goku should hold a ridiculous AP advantage regardless as Goku performed his feat by literally screaming, he was so strong that just transforming shook the afterlife so he should be >>> the value.
It means it just upscales from his value like Kartana does, but that gap won't still be over x2.5. You're still ignoring that Kartana can make itself x4 stronger and overcoming that too.

If you want to play this game, I can also say that Guillotine one shots people on the same level as Kartana, sooo.

Last edited:
  1. One shotting someone in your verse doesn't equate to one shotting people of others. That means simple upscaling.
  2. Kartana can still dodge
  3. I did say that Goku outskills, but Kartana completely destroys in a physical fight due to LS gap and has an higher variety of attacks.

It means it just upscales from his value like Kartana does, but that gap won't still be over x2.5. You're still ignoring that Kartana can make itself x4 stronger and overcoming that too.

If you want to play this game, I can also say that Guillotine one shots people on the same level as Kartana, sooo.
No it doesn't work like that, scaling abive your value by one shotting means you can also one shot others at or below that value, Goku should totally clap in like 2 attacks with the anount he upscales abive his value.
Yeah dodge for no reason at all, well so can Goku but has actual reasons like being far more skilled and instant transmission.
No, saying that Goku outskills is an understatement, it's more like he completely skill stomps and I'm not even exaggerating.
Like I said before, scaling above the value works like that so guillotine will one shot but it won't one shot Goku unless paper man uses the 4x stronger amp, but it won't work regardless because Goku can dodge and Goku will win before paper man ever gets to use it.

No it doesn't work like that, scaling abive your value by one shotting means you can also one shot others at or below that value, Goku should totally clap in like 2 attacks with the anount he upscales abive his value.
No.
Yeah dodge for no reason at all
You're talking like a Pokémon would stand there against a Kamehameha, which is basically the same as tons of beam moves in Pokémon.
No, saying that Goku outskills is an understatement, it's more like he completely skill stomps and I'm not even exaggerating.
You didn't answer the LS gap.
but it won't work regardless because Goku can dodge and Goku will win before paper man ever gets to use it.
Kartana has tons of moves which amp the speed like Aerial Ace which always blitzes the opponent, plus you didn't counter many things like Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut or Night Slash which deal critical hits, Air Slash which has a probability to make the opponent flinch or Fury Cutter which always increases the damage dealt the more is used.

Oh and Goku doesn't have an answer for Detect too which allows the user to read the opponent, allowing it to dodge the opponent's next moves.

No.

You're talking like a Pokémon would stand there against a Kamehameha, which is basically the same as tons of beam moves in Pokémon.

You didn't answer the LS gap.

Kartana has tons of moves which amp the speed like Aerial Ace which always blitzes the opponent, plus you didn't counter many things like Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut or Night Slash which deal critical hits, Air Slash which has a probability to make the opponent flinch or Fury Cutter which always increases the damage dealt the more is used.

Oh and Goku doesn't have an answer for Detect too which allows the user to read the opponent, allowing it to dodge the opponent's next moves.
Nah that's bullshit. Literally everyone that I've asked, regular users or staff alike have confirmed that it works the way I descrubed, I even made an entire Q/A and got the same answers.
Kamehameha are much faster than normal beams as they boost Goku's powers, but he doesn't need a kamehameha, 1 point blank ki blasts is enough, also the instant kamehameha is an instant GG.
the lifting strength gap is answered by the ridiculous skill stomp that's about to occur, Goku is literally not gonna get tagged.
I don't recall priority moves blitzing but Goku can counter them with enhanced senses analytical prdiction and skill and the same for the crit moves. Air slash can easily be dodged for the same reasons as it's a range attack and I remember it having bad accuracy in the games, and instant transmission makes it worthless.
Detect is gonna read 1 of the 1000 danmaku homing ki blasts that are gonna get thrown?

Nah that's bullshit. Literally everyone that I've asked, regular users or staff alike have confirmed that it works the way I descrubed, I even made an entire Q/A and got the same
Then these people are more than obviously just wrong. Mentioning one-shot page:

This gap is strictly for versus debating purposes, and will not apply when attempting to derive the attack potency of a character based on a feat of one-shotting another character in his or her verse.

AKA one shotting someone in your verse =/= one shotting someone of another verse with same value as said someone, given that one shot gaps vary a lot between verses.
Kamehameha are much faster than normal beams as they boost Goku's powers
Not an argument. Speed is equalized here.
1 point blank ki blasts is enough, also the instant kamehameha is an instant GG.
Proof?
the lifting strength gap is answered by the ridiculous skill stomp that's about to occur, Goku is literally not gonna get tagged.
It's still H2H tho.
ir slash can easily be dodged for the same reasons as it's a range attack and I remember it having bad accuracy
Not really.
Detect is gonna read 1 of the 1000 danmaku homing ki blasts that are gonna get thrown?
It works against Swift tho.

Then these people are more than obviously just wrong. Mentioning one-shot page:

This gap is strictly for versus debating purposes, and will not apply when attempting to derive the attack potency of a character based on a feat of one-shotting another character in his or her verse.

AKA one shotting someone in your verse =/= one shotting someone of another verse with same value as said someone, given that one shot gaps vary a lot between verses.

Not an argument. Speed is equalized here.

Proof?

It's still H2H tho.

Not really.

It works against Swift tho.
The one shot page is just saying that one shotting in verses does not mean you scale the one shotter to 7.5x the value in the profile as that is only for vs threads. It doesn't relate to the point here. You can still one shot via unquantifiable amps as long as you have the AP advantage. Or else a baseline dude will be just as strong as a dude who had a light year long scaling chain.
Yes it's an argument, speed is equalized to goku, goku can boost his power and speed of the beam. Very simple.
Goku screaming is more AP than whatever paper man scales to, goku's punch will tear through him.
It still is but punching is not grabbing, plus that paper dude doesn't look like a grabber but a cutter so how is he gonna make use of LS?
Whatever it's still gonna be dodged through various means.
That's a good point. Well he can't spam it so it'll work on one attack only.

The one shot page is just saying that one shotting in verses does not mean you scale the one shotter to 7.5x the value in the profile as that is only for vs threads. It doesn't relate to the point here. You can still one shot via unquantifiable amps as long as you have the AP advantage. Or else a baseline dude will be just as strong as a dude who had a light year long scaling chain.
It actually is like that. In previous thread, if there's a scaling chain made of one shots, with the lowest character being baseline High 8-C, even with a series of 10 one shots, the highest character won't be High 8-C+. Goku just upscales.

Goku screaming is more AP than whatever paper man scales to, goku's punch will tear through him.
Read above. Unless directly stated, one shotting wouldn't give even x1.5 multipler.
It still is but punching is not grabbing, plus that paper dude doesn't look like a grabber but a cutter so how is he gonna make use of LS?
It attacks using its arms and legs as swords. They would be too heavy for Goku to counter.
Whatever it's still gonna be dodged through various means.
It has various attacks which are undodgeable like Aerial Ace tho. You're also talking like Kartana would just stand there if Goku charges an attack.
Yes it's an argument, speed is equalized to goku, goku can boost his power and speed of the beam. Very simple.
Not to levels beyond Kartana's.

It actually is like that. In previous thread, if there's a scaling chain made of one shots, with the lowest character being baseline High 8-C, even with a series of 10 one shots, the highest character won't be High 8-C+. Goku just upscales.
Bruh I'm telling you, that only applies in the profiles, in vs matches, if 2 people scale to the same value but one upscales massively then the one who upscales can one shot, if you don't believe me call some staff dude or something to clarify. You don't need a multiplier to one shot unquantifiable upscaling is enough.

Read above. Unless directly stated, one shotting wouldn't give even x1.5 multipler.

It attacks using its arms and legs as swords. They would be too heavy for Goku to counter.

It has various attacks which are undodgeable like Aerial Ace tho. You're also talking like Kartana would just stand there if Goku charges an attack.

Not to levels beyond Kartana's.
Yeah those are cutting techniques Goku eon't block them, LS is a non factor, but Goku may not need to dodge as his durability scales his AP which is way way above whatever paper man scales to.
Ariel ace being undodgeable is kinda nlf but Goku can block it with thick durability or IT. BTW I forgot to mention that Goku's essentially getting passively stronger and faster so he'll also start outspeeding paper man.
Charging an attack doesn't take time at all and goku doesn't need to do it, paper man isn't dodging as homing, RPL and instant transmission completely nullify that.
Actually if Goku charges a big attack, it also increases speed enough to blitz so it's on the same level as paper man but Goku doesn't need to do it.

Bruh I'm telling you, that only applies in the profiles, in vs matches, if 2 people scale to the same value but one upscales massively then the one who upscales can one shot, if you don't believe me call some staff dude or something to clarify. You don't need a multiplier to one shot unquantifiable upscaling is enough.
The Spider Gwen vs Optimus thread says otherwise.
Ariel ace being undodgeable is kinda nlf but Goku can block it with thick durability or IT.
It's how the move works duh.
BTW I forgot to mention that Goku's essentially getting passively stronger and faster so he'll also start outspeeding paper man.
Yeah we saw it against a lot of his opponents... Nice excuse
Charging an attack doesn't take time at all and goku doesn't need to do it, paper man isn't dodging as homing, RPL and instant transmission completely nullify that.
Bruh what
Actually if Goku charges a big attack, it also increases speed enough to blitz so it's on the same level as paper man but Goku doesn't need to do it.
Lmao

The Spider Gwen vs Optimus thread says otherwise.

It's how the move works duh.

Yeah we saw it against a lot of his opponents... Nice excuse

Bruh what

Lmao
1 Guy said in that thread otherwise, I have seen so many threads start and end and the main reason for someone winning or losing is that one guy upscales higher above their value.
How does aerial ace work again?
Goku's RPL does exist, it's not on the level as say broly but it's still very strong.
Bro what are these replies? Are you even trying to respond anymore?
About LS, it's simpler than you think. Its hits would just be too heavy for Goku to block.
Yeah they aren't gonna damage Goku much but Goku can't push on him so he's forced to evade and punch.

1 Guy said in that thread otherwise, I have seen so many threads start and end and the main reason for someone winning or losing is that
Many wrongs don't make a right. You only one shot if between the characters there's a x7.5 value. Goku hasn't such value above Kartana in objective numbers, he just upscales and that's it.
How does aerial ace work again?
There's in Notable Attacks and Techniques.
Goku's RPL does exist, it's not on the level as say broly but it's still very strong.
It takes ages to take effect. Not on the same level of Sword Dance AND Fury Cutter combined which have actual numbers and not vague and pointless >.
Yeah they aren't gonna damage Goku much but Goku can't push on him so he's forced to evade and punch.
You do realize these cut right? They're much heavier than how much can Goku lift, ofc they're gonna deal cutting damage.

Plus, you didn't counter in all of this how Goku counters his lack of stamina and Kartana being able to recover both its health and stamina.

Many wrongs don't make a right. You only one shot if between the characters there's a x7.5 value. Goku hasn't such value above Kartana in objective numbers, he just upscales and that's it.

There's in Notable Attacks and Techniques.

It takes ages to take effect. Not on the same level of Sword Dance AND Fury Cutter combined which have actual numbers and not vague and pointless >.

You do realize these cut right? They're much heavier than how much can Goku lift, ofc they're gonna deal cutting damage.

Plus, you didn't counter in all of this how Goku counters his lack of stamina and Kartana being able to recover both its health and stamina.
Yes, many wrong don't create a right, but you're wrong and I'm right. It's pretty pointless to just go back and fourth so just call some mod to clarify.
I see, I read it, it blitzes the opponent and that's how it always hits, well Goku can counter it by predicting it with analytical prediction and enhanced senses, then counter or mitigate it.
Not really, as long as Goku's fighting, he's getting faster and stronger. Btw paperman is not gonna be able to pull of sword dance, Goku's just gonna interrupt it. Also "pointless >", that's a problem.
Cutting is AP not LS, Goku won't be able to stop it, but he'll tank the hit or overpower it with AP of his own.
Stamina is a problem for SSJ3 but Goku holds the stats advantage enough to end this in a few attacks, or 1 blast.

Yes, many wrong don't create a right, but you're wrong and I'm right. It's pretty pointless to just go back and fourth so just call some mod to clarify.
...I literally used a mod message to support it lol. Impress IS a mod lol.
Not really, as long as Goku's fighting, he's getting faster and stronger. Btw paperman is not gonna be able to pull of sword dance,
Sword Dance requires just few movements in anime and Fury Cutter can literally amp itself up to x4 its original damage. So Kartana's Fury Cutter can literally be x16 its original AP if it combines both it and Swords Dance.
Cutting is AP not LS, Goku won't be able to stop it, but he'll tank the hit or overpower it with AP of his own.
So two swords are gonna deal the same damage despite having different weights... Right.
Stamina is a problem for SSJ3 but Goku holds the stats advantage enough to end this in a few attacks, or 1 blast.
Read above. Show me this x7.5 gap or shut up.

..I literally used a mod message to support it lol. Impress IS a mod lol.
Impress is wrong then. This was literally clarified in the all purpose request thread by a mod, I'll try to find it.

Sword Dance requires just few movements in anime and Fury Cutter can literally amp itself up to x4 its original damage. So Kartana's Fury Cutter can literally be x16 its original AP if it combines both it and Swords Dance.
Ok a few movements can get interrupted by a kiai technique which is near instant or instant transmission.

So two swords are gonna deal the same damage despite having different weights... Right
Yes. AP and LS are separate here. Paper mans swords digging into Goku's abs won't pierce them if his durability is way higher even if paper man has much higher lifting strength.

Impress is wrong then. This was literally clarified in the all purpose request thread by a mod, I'll try to find it.
  • You ask a mod opinion
  • That mod opinion is wrong
Ok dude.
Yes. AP and LS are separate here. Paper mans swords digging into Goku's abs won't pierce them if his durability is way higher even if paper man has much higher lifting strength.
Not how it works. You can crush someone with LS if they're in the same ballpark of AP as you.

• You ask a mod opinion
  • That mod opinion is wrong
Ok dude.

Not how it works. You can crush someone with LS if they're in the same ballpark of AP as you.
They are not in the same ball park.
Here look I found it.
Link
Link
You can even look at the thread that was linked in the first post, everyone was confirming what I'm saying except for a few who eventually agreed.

No staff member answered lol. If you have doubts just ask to Impress or who else is listed among the Knowledgeable Staff about SBA.
Alright whatever okay.
I just wanna say though, you're view is completely contradicted by how we measure superiority in tier 2. tiers high 3-A, low 2-C and 2-A are all measured by scaling chains, if we go by what you say then everyone in those tiers is baseline which is utterly preposterous.

I just wanna say though, you're view is completely contradicted by how we measure superiority in tier 2. tiers high 3-A, low 2-C and 2-A are all measured by scaling chains, if we go by what you say then everyone in those tiers is baseline which is utterly preposterous.
Because in these tiers joules are completely meaningless, making the scalings above baseline the only option. Meanwhile here we indeed have Joule values to base on.

Because in these tiers joules are completely meaningless, making the scalings above baseline the only option. Meanwhile here we indeed have Joule values to base on.
Bullshit. There is no reason for that not to apply to tier 3 and below as well. You are essentially saying that a character who is baseline of a value and a character who is >>>>>>>>>>>the same value are exactly equal in AP which is asinine.

Back