• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo vs Saitama (Jujutsu Kaisen vs One Punch Man)

OPM fans have been saying crazy shit about Saitama being able to beat Gojo and bypass infinity. I doubt it, but I want to see what y'all think.

If it becomes too stompy, I'll equalize speed.

But for now, the rules are:

Equalized speed.

Standard battle assumptions.

Both are in-character.

The current versions for both are used.

369335065_809464874188268_232256353256238535_n.png

Gojo wins:

Saitama wins:

Inconclusive (Goku solos both of those fodder-ass characters):

Last edited:
1. Gojo page is outdated.

2. Saitama wins.

Why does he win?

Saitama can interact with spatial existences such as Garou's wormholes. Whether or not they are hyperspace or subspace doesn't matter. They are blatantly spatial gateways that require spatial NPI to interact with.

These portals are spatial wormholes that are shown to be embedded into the space around them and thus moving them in the way Saitama does would require some wild physics breaking ability to just shift portions of space entirely, changing the trajectory of these gates.

Why is this relevant?

On the profile, Gojo's infinity is currently treated as a spatial barrier around himself.

Because of that, it is not unreasonable at all to say Saitama could simply kick the infinity space away from Gojo. Same way he kicked Garou's portal away.

This would leave Gojo without protection from being oneshot.

Additionally, Saitama resist matter manipulation down to the Sub-Atomic level and thus he would be unaffected by Red and Blue leaving Gojo with only Purple and Unlimited Void as win conditions.

1. Gojo page is outdated.

2. Saitama wins.

Why does he win?

Saitama can interact with spatial existences such as Garou's wormholes. Whether or not they are hyperspace or subspace doesn't matter. They are blatantly spatial gateways that require spatial NPI to interact with.

These portals are spatial wormholes that are shown to be embedded into the space around them and thus moving them in the way Saitama does would require some wild physics breaking ability to just shift portions of space entirely, changing the trajectory of these gates.

Why is this relevant?

On the profile, Gojo's infinity is currently treated as a spatial barrier around himself.

Because of that, it is not unreasonable at all to say Saitama could simply kick the infinity space away from Gojo. Same way he kicked Garou's portal away.

This would leave Gojo without protection from being oneshot.

Additionally, Saitama resist matter manipulation down to the Sub-Atomic level and thus he would be unaffected by Red and Blue leaving Gojo with only Purple and Unlimited Void as win conditions.
Pretty sure Gojo’s infinity is accepted as being conceptual based as well so Saitama would prolly need additional NPI to interact with it.

Otherwise Saitama is way too fast for Gojo to react to but in character Gojo could probably land a domain expansion on Saitama just due to his overall non-caring attitude.

So Gojo wins eventually I guess.

Yeah, I highly doubt Saitama could even affect Gojo's infinity so I didn't equalize speed. If y'all reach the conclusion that Saitama can bypass infinity, I'll equalize speed.
Already explained why he can. Do you want to debate me or are you going to run away like you did on Discord?

Pretty sure Gojo’s infinity is accepted as being conceptual based as well so Saitama would prolly need additional NPI to interact with it.
Currently not on the page and thus it can't be used. You must use only what is provided on the page for a vs match.

Otherwise Saitama is way too fast for Gojo to react to but in character Gojo could probably land a domain expansion on Saitama just due to his overall non-caring attitude.
Gojo's DE is not instant. Saitama is MFTL, he can outrun this activation. Also, are we in fact forgetting the sheer difference in AP?

Already explained why he can. Do you want to debate me or are you going to run away like you did on Discord?
I'm not running away, I simply made this post to get people more knowledgeable than me to give their opinions.
You, beating me, someone who hasn't read Jujutsu Kaisen or the OPM manga, on a debate like this, is not a feat that's worthy of bragging about. ;p

Again, are we ignoring the AP sheer difference? What prevents Saitama not stomping Gojo?

I'm not running away, I simply made this post to get people more knowledgeable than me to give their opinions.
You, beating me, someone who hasn't read Jujutsu Kaisen or the OPM manga, on a debate like this, is not a feat that's worthy of bragging about. ;p
You made the match which infers you have some argument as to why this isn't a stomp for my reasonings.

You can't use the conceptual manipulation as it isn't on Gojo's page.

Even if something is accepted. It hasn't been applied for over a year now.

I can apply it if it is accepted already; just send me the thread link. I don't see any significant issues with this, as long as the feat exists and is being accepted. However, how does this remotely address the sheer difference in AP?

Eh, the only way I can see this as fair, is using tier 7 key.

I can apply it if it is accepted already; just send me the thread link. I don't see any significant issues with this, as long as the feat exists and is being accepted. However, how does this remotely address the sheer difference in AP?
As far as I know Gojo's infinity currently has nothing to do with AP on the wiki.

You may have to get some weaknesses accepted if you believe it does.

Why focusing on Gojo's infinity, what prevents Saitama for not destroying the entire place? Or just stomps him with his sheer speed, wha?

You are focusing on his hax as Saitama has nothing else to win this match.

I can apply it if it gets accepted; just send me the thread link. I don't see any significant issues with this, as long as the feat exists and is being accepted. However, how does this remotely address the sheer difference in AP?
Well if it's true that Saitama can bypass Infinity he should be able to one shot Gojo and I should equalize speed to make the matchup more fair. But I am waiting to see if others agree or disagree with Infinity-interacting-Saitama beforehand.
You made the match which infers you have some argument as to why this isn't a stomp for my reasonings.

You can't use the conceptual manipulation as it isn't on Gojo's page.

Even if something is accepted. It hasn't been applied for over a year now.
Like I've said before. I don't think Saitama can slap Infinity away simply because he can affect a 4D wormhole. Gojo's ability passively creates infinite distance between him and his opponent and I doubt affecting a door sized wormhole would be enough for Saitama to bypass the infinite distance between him and his opponent. ;p

Why focusing on Gojo's infinity, what prevents Saitama for not destroying the entire place? Or just stomps him with his sheer speed, wha?

You are focusing on his hax as Saitama has nothing else to win this match.
Is sheer speed even an accepted weakness of infinity on the wiki?

Well if it's true that Saitama can bypass Infinity he should be able to one shot Gojo and I should equalize speed to make the matchup more fair. But I am waiting to see if others agree or disagree with Infinity-interacting-Saitama beforehand.

Like I've said before. I don't think Saitama can slap Infinity away simply because he can affect a 4D wormhole. Gojo's ability passively creates infinite distance between him and his opponent and I doubt affecting a door sized wormhole would be enough for Saitama to bypass the infinite distance between him and his opponent. ;p
One, it isn't door sized. That's a horrible misunderstanding of how wormholes work.

Garou can creates gates that go on for interplanetary and even interdimensional distances.

So Saitama's interaction of their trajectories is far more than just a door sized manipulation of space.

Gojo's infinity also is not infinite in size. Otherwise he would have infinite range, which he doesn't.

He can insert infinite distances within his range, which is not greater than Saitama's NPI range.

Doesn't Saitama's NPI involve him grabbing onto the "base" of the space he displaces (Correct me if I'm wrong. I've not gotten to the Cosmic Garou fight yet since I only read physical copies)? In the case of the portals, that would be where we see the edge of the wormholes form. In Gojo's case, I imagine the base would be the space behind the simulated Infinite space. So wouldn't Saitama's attacks need to travel an infinite distance first before displacing the space? After all, to displace infinite space, it would need to travel the entire infinite distance which would still take forever. I might draw an illustration to show what I mean.

Is sheer speed even an accepted weakness of infinity on the wiki?
That makes me realise something else.

Infinity widens the distance infinitely between him and anything approaching. Almost anything.

All I know how to bypass infinity is:
  • FTL, Infinite and Immeasurable users can bypass Infinity.
  • Spatial Manipulation at a high magnitude to travel infinite distance.
  • Beings or objects that doesn't have a mass, speed, and shape can bypass Infinity like Omnipresence.
  • Does characters that can resist supernatural passively (magic, cursed, energy, mana, etc.) like Touma Kamijou.
  • Destroy/Erase Infinity itself
  • Cut off/Dispel the connection between the Jujutsu user and the cursed energy so that the Infinity will lose its activation.
  • Mind Manipulation, that most effective way out of all them.
  • And many in-verse mechanics, which is irrelevant here, since Saitama is not a curse user.
Again, I may be outdated. Hell, even in the new chapters, there are more.

Last edited:
Doesn't Saitama's NPI involve him grabbing onto the "base" of the space he displaces (Correct me if I'm wrong. I've not gotten to the Cosmic Garou fight yet since I only read physical copies)? In the case of the portals, that would be where we see the edge of the wormholes form. In Gojo's case, I imagine the base would be the space behind the simulated Infinite space. So wouldn't Saitama's attacks need to travel an infinite distance first before displacing the space? After all, to displace infinite space, it would need to travel the entire infinite distance which would still take forever. I might draw an illustration to show what I mean.
I don't understand what that means but he doesn't need to grab anything. He straight up just displaced a wormhole by kicking it away like it was a ball.

I don't understand what that means but he doesn't need to grab anything. He straight up just displaced a wormhole by kicking it away like it was a ball.
May I see the feat? I had heard about it, but forgot the illustration in question. Afterwards I'll explain what I mean further and might draw an example if there's still confusion.

No, he kicked a gate, a gate that functions as a wormhole, he does not kick a whole wormhole. Hell, him having interaction to spatial space, does not mean he can manipulate spatial space, which you are required if you want to beat infinity through this argument (although speed is enough)

No, he kicked a gate, a gate that functions as a wormhole, he does not kick a whole wormhole. Hell, him having interaction to spatial space, does not mean he can manipulate spatial space, which you are required if you want to beat infinity through this argument (although speed is enough)
A gate that is described as a wormhole.

Wormholes are subspace gateways.

Garou's ability is literally called "Subspace Gate" (Official TL)

Him interacting with spatial stuff means he can interact with spatial stuff. That's all he needs to do to move Gojo's infinity as it is described on his profile.

Again saitama cannot cross the INFINTE distance that infinity provides. Doesn't saitama starts fight by standing in one place? What stops UV?

Again saitama cannot cross the INFINTE distance that infinity provides. Doesn't saitama starts fight by standing in one place? What stops UV?
What stops the NPI? Address my argument. He doesn't need to cross infinite distance. He just needs to move it away.

Sounds like the main argument here is if Saitama can physically interact with, and move the infinite distance between his fist and Gojo's face.

The profile explains how it works, and it's not just a spatial barrier between Gojo and everything else separating him from the rest of the world, it's literal distance put between him and everything else. If it was just a spatial object like a portal or a wall, then I would say Saitama can just grab it or punch a hole in it with his NPI, get through it the same way Yami Tsukehiro gets through the spatial barrier sealing him when he first breaks out Dimension Slash. But in this case, I don't see it. It's not like Saitama can physically interact with distance just because he can touch something that connects different points in space across variable distances. His range doesn't support it, either. If Saitama had Infinite or higher speed, then he could just literally cross that distance with just the raw speed, but he doesn't. But that's just my understanding. I might be wrong, but it doesn't look that way--

Also LMAO, I just realized JJK is only Subsonic. Gojo's lucky his hax is passive

it's literal distance put between him and everything else. If it was just a spatial object like a portal or a wall, then I would say Saitama can just grab it or punch a hole in it with his NPI
That distance creates this "space" around Gojo which is what I'm referring to as this barrier thing.

I believe that Saitama would be able to actually just move said "barrier" off of Gojo.

Yeah, I looked at it, he grabs the "base" of the portals. I'll respond once I've drawn an example to elaborate what I'm saying.
I'm still unsure what you mean by grabbing. He doesn't have to grab anything as it's shown he could just kick them away.

If I'm understanding your argument correctly, you are trying to say that the base of infinity is within the infinite distance.

I would like to disagree with that off the bat. Since Gojo's infinity has an edge, which is the extent of the range he uses with his limitless technique. I believe Saitama can interact with that edge just fine.

What is Gojo's win con here if speed is unequal? Saitama being mftl counters getting hit by Blue, Red, Purple, Domain Activation, Domain Expansion, Gojo's Six Eyes, Gojo trying to punch him.

That distance creates this "space" around Gojo which is what I'm referring to as this barrier thing.

I believe that Saitama would be able to actually just move said "barrier" off of Gojo.
To clarify, if Saitama was to punch Gojo and be unable to hit him, he would notice this 'space' around Gojo in the form of a 'barrier' of sorts protecting him and try to affect it somehow.

And given his NPI I believe he'd be able to do that with the target in mind. Separating the space that is currently under the affects of Gojo's infinity from Gojo's body and then one-shotting him.

What is Gojo's win con here if speed is unequal? Saitama being mftl counters getting hit by Blue, Red, Purple, Domain Activation, Domain Expansion, Gojo's Six Eyes, Gojo trying to punch him.
Saitama usually stands around and one shot weaker characters by accident he never goes all out on weaker characters. UV seems instant but that just my take on it. Saitama doesn’t have curse energy so he won’t be able to see Gojo techniques and Gojo can make clones now that might serve as a distraction if the speed gap wasn’t there.

Back