• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
This was made before but before revisions. Let's try this again.

Control vs Infinity

Base Makima and Young Gojo. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

digital-art-makima-chainsaw-man-illustration-artwork-chainsaw-man-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg
rrzl9yri3zj61.jpg

Last edited:
Well, 8-B vs High 7-C tells me this is probably going to come down purely to hax.

Do you know what they lead with?

I think Makima has more win cons but gojo win cons are so much more in character and basically 1 shot her.

So I got Gojo he kills her with infinity or purple.

There's currently a JJK Hax revision CRT going on, and I'm pretty sure the conclusion of that thread could be a major factor for deciding who wins in this matchup. Just saying.

Gojo using almost anything besides blue, Unlimited Void, and possibly purple would result in Makima reviving because they count as attacks, and her contract would kick in

Blue would be safe because it's technically not an attack, it's the world correcting the impossibility created basically, which results in the extreme attractive force, it's not really Gojo doing the damage there technically, and so it should be safe, as non attacks don't trigger her ability

Purple would be maybe safe because of just being blue+red, so it could just be safe for working the same as blue or something, and also arguably just outright erasing stuff

Unlimited Void could arguably nullify her contract via disabling abilities, but if we say it doesn't do that to her, it still cuts her off from the outside world and would render her brain dead, and kill her. It likely wouldn't count as an attack either, but in the case it did, Gojo could just leave it up long enough to run her out of lives, at the cost of rendering Japan braindead besides himself

Makima's win con would be to control Gojo, which involves her feeling herself to be stronger/superior, and then giving an order to actually take control

As for why this might not even occur, she possibly wouldn't feel stronger, we know she doesn't find herself stronger than people like Chainsaw Man, and Gojo's very presence has caused people to flee before because they felt him, such as when Hanami ran because of feeling him twice, once after grabbing Jogo, and barely seeing Gojo, and the second after seeing Gojo in the sky (despite liking battle against Yuji and Todo at this point), so it's possible she could tell he's outright stronger even before seeing one of his techniques.

Even if she does control him (which might not happen) we do know that extreme emotions or confidence can break people out or allow them to resist her. Power post revival is super cocky and ignores her for a while just fine, then when cornered and given an order when feeling less sure, Power resists and runs because she realizes her feelings for Denji. Angel after seeing Aki make a contract, panicks, regains his memories, breaks free and shouts at Makima.

In addition to the above, we know she also doesn't always start with controlling someone. She didn't use control on the Gun Devil a single time, she didn't use her control on Quanxi and her girlfriends and just killed them (she controls them later post mortem, same with Reze), and she didn't use it on the people who attacked her on the train, she just killed them. So it's possible she just doesn't even attempt to use it before some other ability which wouldn't reach Gojo, so he gets the chance to use an attack that lets her see his strength (if you think she wouldn't notice from his presence)

Blue would be safe because it's technically not an attack, it's the world correcting the impossibility created basically, which results in the extreme attractive force, it's not really Gojo doing the damage there technically, and so it should be safe, as non attacks don't trigger her ability

Purple would be maybe safe because of just being blue+red, so it could just be safe for working the same as blue or something, and also arguably just outright erasing stuff

Unlimited Void could arguably nullify her contract via disabling abilities, but if we say it doesn't do that to her, it still cuts her off from the outside world and would render her brain dead, and kill her. It likely wouldn't count as an attack either, but in the case it did, Gojo could just leave it up long enough to run her out of lives, at the cost of rendering Japan braindead besides himself
The version of Gojo used in this match is the Young version (or teenage version), not the 28 years old or adult version. The Pre-Toji Young Gojo doesn't even have Red, Purple or Domain Expansion - and Young/Teenage Gojo doesn't even have the passive Infinity barrier that his adult self (or Post-Toji Young Gojo) version has.

Even if we include Post-Toji Young Gojo, he still doesn't have Domain Expansion (or Long Distance Teleportation) that his adult self has, which seems to be the backbone of most of your points about Young Gojo's win condition. Without the Domain Expansion, this could end up being a stomp simply because Young/Teenage Gojo doesn't have the means to win against Makima that the 28 years old (or adult) Gojo has.

Either way, Young Gojo or not, there's still that JJK Hax revision going on.

The version of Gojo used in this match is the Young version (or teenage version), not the 28 years old or adult version. The Pre-Toji Young Gojo doesn't even have Red, Purple or Domain Expansion - and Young/Teenage Gojo doesn't even have the passive Infinity barrier that his adult self (or Post-Toji Young Gojo) version has.

Even if we include Post-Toji Young Gojo, he still doesn't have Domain Expansion (or Long Distance Teleportation) that his adult self has, which seems to be the backbone of most of your points about Young Gojo's win condition. Without the Domain Expansion, this could end up being a stomp simply because Young/Teenage Gojo doesn't have the means to win against Makima that the 28 years old (or adult) Gojo has.

Either way, Young Gojo or not, there's still that JJK Hax revision going on.
Yeah I missed that part, so he doesn't have the domain expansion, teleportation and maybe purple, but if we're going with post Toji, he still had blue, red and passive infinity and what not.

The first one being the only one that could kill in this case, killing her with anything else would just kill another citizen of Japan instead

Either way it still boils down to does Makima either see him as stronger, or does he break out of her control. And if either of those occurs, does he use the thing that can kill her, before he's randomly picked as the Japanese citizen that dies in her place.

If he isn't seen as stronger or can't break free, he loses, if he just never uses blue, he eventually dies from attacking her and loses

Last edited:
And if either of those occurs, does he use the thing that can kill her, before he's randomly picked as the Japanese citizen that dies in her place.

if he just never uses blue, he eventually dies from attacking her and loses
I mean, if it was Post-Toji Young Gojo (who has unlocked Reverse Cursed Technique), he has Mid Regeneration via being able to heal from being stabbed in the brain, throat, neck and other injuries. And from the scans I've seen about Makima, how she makes an another Japanese Citizen die in her place isn't from Death Manipulation (they don't die from instant death), but rather it's from attacks made on her being "changed into appropriate illnesses and accidents among Japanese citizens" that seems to have caused them to die in her place. Unless those illnesses or accidents can bypass Mid Regeneration, it's not like Gojo can really die from them with how vague Makima's mechanics of Resurrection are. It also doesn't help that even Young Gojo is essentially completely beyond Makima's AP to even get hurt by her (on top of Gojo's resistances shown in his current profile), so I doubt Makima would be able to easily overpower Gojo's Mid Regeneration by destroying his brain either, so Makima's only guaranteed method to win is her Mind Manipulation here. Pre-Toji Gojo could possibly die from that though, assuming that he didn't get a near-death experience that turns him into his Post-Toji self.

Either way, it's a stomp in Makima's favour against any version of Gojo that isn't his 28 years old version simply because he has no way to permanently take down Makima before getting mind-haxed (at least, based on the current profiles anyways, so I'm not sure if such a case will remain if the JJK Hax revision CRT concludes).

(I still find it quite funny that there are still users making Gojo vs threads when there is a JJK Hax revision CRT going on. XD)

Last edited:
Then I believe we can commence with the thread?

Her profile is updated I believe. It's Gojo that the question needs to be asked.

Gojo looks at Makima and analyzes her entire powerset and weaknesses, then bypasses mind control through either emotion control or resistance to soul manip (jjk humans minds are a product of the metabolism of their souls), Immeasurable Void + Hollow Purple wipe.

Couldn't Makima just use cosmos to mind **** Gojo? Last time I checked she can do this just by sight
The issue comes up with max range distance. Cosmos has to be near her targets for the mind manip to work.

However I don't think it would even come to that since Makima can just mindhax Gojo with no effort. Like I don't know why everyone brings up having strong willpower as an answer to that. Makima's mindhax has never been shown to not work on people with strong willpower.

The issue comes up with max range distance. Cosmos has to be near her targets for the mind manip to work.

However I don't think it would even come to that since Makima can just mindhax Gojo with no effort. Like I don't know why everyone brings up having strong willpower as an answer to that. Makima's mindhax has never been shown to not work on people with strong willpower.
Rang shouldn't be an issue since Cosmos was able to affect people all over the world

Makimas mind hax thing is a bit weird since she has to perceive the person to be inferior to her, but how or what exactly that means wasn't made clear so it's a bit of a gray area

Would….would Cosmos’ ability even work on Gojo?

Because it’s literally like his Domaine Expansion lmao. Like an endless amount of knowledge is being forcefully transferred into the brain. Doesn’t Gojo like…literally have that.

Would….would Cosmos’ ability even work on Gojo?

Because it’s literally like his Domaine Expansion lmao. Like an endless amount of knowledge is being forcefully transferred into the brain. Doesn’t Gojo like…literally have that.
Gojo being able to do that with his domain expansion doesn't mean he can withstand it when used against him

Also has Makima ever started off with Cosmos? Because if not then I could just argue Gojo uses DE or EE before Makima gets the chance to.

Makima has no reason to believe anyone is weaker than her unless she's known them prior. To her, Gojo us just some dude. Worse still if he displays any sort of ability because she would just ask him to demonstrate to her the extent of his powers like she did with Angel Devil.

Makima has 0 reason to believe Gojo is someone to be feared/respected.

Ehhh I don’t think it should be automatically assumed Makima believes she’s fully superior to her opponent straight from the get-go of the battle. She knows literally nothing about Gojo so there’s nothing she can surmise about him and as soon as the battle starts there’s no reason for him to not start displaying his abilities either.

Ehhh I don’t think it should be automatically assumed Makima believes she’s fully superior to her opponent straight from the get-go of the battle. She knows literally nothing about Gojo so there’s nothing she can surmise about him and as soon as the battle starts there’s no reason for him to not start displaying his abilities either.
I'm rather sure a large part of her character is that she will, indeed, naturally place herself over anyone unless given a very good reason not to.

Gojo being able to do that with his domain expansion doesn't mean he can withstand it when used against him
Nah that's literally just his Innate Domain, the Cursed Techniques info is engraved in his body its described as inside his heart(metaphorical) , Infinite Information that's why whenever he expands his Domain it's just increasing the range of his Innate Domain, like the realm where Sukuna exists inside of Itadori

Also Gojo's profile is currently undergoing a revision that'll be done when I stop being lazy, although I doubt it'd matter much here

Makima has no reason to believe anyone is weaker than her unless she's known them prior. To her, Gojo us just some dude. Worse still if he displays any sort of ability because she would just ask him to demonstrate to her the extent of his powers like she did with Angel Devil.

Makima has 0 reason to believe Gojo is someone to be feared/respected.
Toji was literally a demon prodigy from the top clan of the day who blatantly told his fam to **** off or he’s kill them. He, and several other evil career criminal sorcerors, inmediately quit there professions because they looked at gojo. Also, he was 6.

Toji was literally a demon prodigy from the top clan of the day who blatantly told his fam to **** off or he’s kill them. He, and several other evil career criminal sorcerors, inmediately quit there professions because they looked at gojo. Also, he was 6.
Note, that was the very first time, and last, anyone had ever noticed Toji behind them.

The next time they fought, that being ten years later, he had to wear him out beyond exhaustion.

And in a world where fear empowers Devils, Makima's very existence was seen as a threat by the primordial fear of the dark; a fear that exists in every living creature as a survival instinct and one that isn't easily overcome due to its very nature of something that is inherently ingrained into us as part of our evolution and tied to the fear of the unknown.

Compared to Darkness Devil, Gojo is just some dude with a sleep mask.

I would also like to add that Darkness Devil was implied to have never been killed due to how Hell works in CSM. Which adds so much more weight to the threat Makima poses just by existing. Not to mention the Devils in Hell probably hate her so much they spawn killed her when Denji ate her on Earth, leading to Nayuta's speedy "birth" on Earth.

Last edited:
And in a world where fear empowers Devils, Makima's very existence was seen as a threat by the primordial fear of the dark; a fear that exists in every living creature as a survival instinct and one that isn't easily overcome due to its very nature of something that is inherently ingrained into us as part of our evolution and tied to the fear of the unknown.

Compared to Darkness Devil, Gojo is just some dude with a sleep mask.

I would also like to add that Darkness Devil was implied to have never been killed due to how Hell works in CSM. Which adds so much more weight to the threat Makima poses just by existing. Not to mention the Devils in Hell probably hate her so much they spawn killed her when Denji ate her on Earth, leading to Nayuta's speedy "birth" on Earth.
That fear clearly doesn’t extend to human IIRC outside of her power, Makima will immediatey feel Gojo’s presence which also has a crushing effect scaling from yuta.

also, Gojo conquered his fear of death when he became enlightened in his battle with toji so doubt that is of much concern.

Back