• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gogeta can survive in space

"Weaknesses: Gogeta cannot survive in the vacuum of space"

Tatsuya Nagamine's interview for the DBS Broly movie say that Gogeta and Broly in the original script had to fight in space and in the sun, but was impossible for reasons of durations. This show us that Gogeta and Broly from DBS can survive in space.

Interview source : http://www.noelshack.com/2019-04-5-1548450863-dxynlmiwoaadhol.jpg

Translated in french here https://twitter.com/GogetaSnow/status/1088574669270204416 (didn't find english translations)

Since it was only in the original script and not in the final canon product, why would we add that they can survive in space?

What could have been is technically non-canon.

Although, unrelated, but I wouldn't consider not being able to survive in the space as a weakness, that is situational.

I'm not quite sure "Can't breathe in space" is even a weakness in the first place.

People like James Bond and such doesn't have it as a weakness. People like Ruby Rose doesn't have it as a weakness.

Akreious said:
I'm not quite sure "Can't breathe in space" is even a weakness in the first place.
People like James Bond and such doesn't have it as a weakness. People like Ruby Rose doesn't have it as a weakness.
People like James Bond and Ruby Rose aren't massively cosmic-tiered characters like characters in DBZ and DB Super are. For characters at planet-level and above, not being able to survive for long in the vacuum of space is a MAJOR weakness, since there is always a risk of the planet they are on getting destroyed during a fight. Imagine what a major weakness it would be if Superman (Post Crisis) couldn't survive in space; he's been thrown out of the Earth's atmosphere by opponents and explosions and stuff on like, hundreds of occasions. He's also been on planets when they were destroyed and been in the center of solar-system-busting explosions. He would have been totally screwed every one of those times if he wasn't capable of surviving in a vacuum.

So yeah, not being able to survive in space is a maaaajor weakness for characters as high-tier as these.

The Revival of F Saga in Dragon Ball Super even highlighted what a huge weakness it is; Frieza was capable of beating Goku and Vegeta by destroying the Earth, despite them already having beaten him in battle, due to him being able to survive in space while they can't.

At least the movie finally established for us that the top-tier characters in DB Super can survive and fight deep inside of molten magma in the Earth's mantle. That's pretty neat.

We certainly do not known if they can breath in lava, they only remained there for a few seconds.

Damn, that would have been way cooler; however, how would either Gogeta or Broly survive in Space there both pure Saiyans. And as far as the series has shown Saiyans can't survive in Space, so are they circumventing this through sheer power or what? In the future, I hope they get rid of this weakness completely.

So if it's retconned and confirmed Gogeta and Broly can survive in space, would that like... negate all of the past?

Since even as a Fusion, Gogeta is still a purebred Saiyan and Broly is flat out a purebred Saiyan. Them easily surviving in space and (possibly) having conversations in space would imply that they can breathe in space.

This would be a HARDCORE retcon though since this was a major factor back in Namek Saga where Frieza was confident in just ditching SSJ Goku on the planet since Goku couldn't breathe in space.

Although I guess that's what retcons are for.

There's no way they WONT do a retelling of the arc, considering most of Toriyama's script went oof. I think it's best if any Broly threads get closed, and they re-open when Super goes back in air.

>When Super goes back in air.

Sure people would consider me a bad guy if I say I prefer it to remain dead (at the end Toei is just focused at DBH anyway).

"Tatsuya Nagamine's interview for the DBS Broly movie say that Gogeta and Broly in the original script had to fight in space and in the sun,"

Are you kidding me? I wonder what the original script looks like lol.

Nothing suggests they were in space/a space like environment.

As for the OP, Holy shit that woulda been awesome, but just like how we can't have 2-A Game Sonic via an infinite multiverse statement in an unreleased script, we can't have Gogeta breathing in space either.

If that doesnt exist in the final movie, it's irrelevant.

And even if it had been in the movie, so what? They are nothing special regarding that and that you can see in all manga/canon material, it would be ignored. An "outlier".

It also says they were to fight in the core of the Earth. LMAO

An anime adaptation would probably have them fighting in supermassive black holes or something. Toriyama is more daring and adventurous than I thought.

A small thing of note here, but goku survived a move that's gravitationally as heavy as a black hole and his lungs didn't get crushed or sucked out or imploded. So that's a thing I guess.

Back