• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goetia vs Ahzek Ahriman

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Screw myself if this is a stomp on Ahzek's side, but i felt that Goetia and Ahzek needs more matchups made than those like Tiamat and Kharn being used from each others respective verses (You all know what i'm talking about here).

Anyways, fight takes place...i guess on some large planet (GOnna use Toriko's earth cause it's like the only place i know that's big enough for these guys to duke it own...same with just any other Tier 5's and whatnot but you all probably know what i mean). Speed's equalized and Goetia is in his beast form (basically 5-A Goetia).

Probably close this up if it's really that of a stomp, but who wins this out and why...

Beast I: 0

The Exiled Sorcerer: 7

Inconclusive: 0

Goetia FGO
Ahriman profile pic

This actually seems like a really good fight.

Several of their powers seem like they'd nullify each other (at least in the sense of making them far less useful than they'd normally be), including mind manipulation, soul manipulation, energy manipulation, intangibility, and precognition. This means that despite both being primarily magic users, there will likely be quite a bit of direct combat thrown in. I'm thinking Ahriman would have the edge here, as while he prefers to remain at range and cast spells, he is far from inexperienced in melee combat (being trained as a member of the Adeptus Astartes), as shown in conflicts such as his duel with a powerful Shadowseer or fighting with the Space Wolves on Fenris. Added on top of more varied abilities, including splitting his essence into clones, stepping outside of reality, and being able to fling things into the Immaterium, I'd say Ahriman takes the majority with mid to mid-high difficulty.

Now, if Goetia takes the fight into his Reality Marble, Ahriman could have a significantly harder time actually killing him. However, he could then possibly take advantage of a power such as Warp Lure, turning Goetia's own magical power against him as supernatural predators are suddenly drawn to his essence. If all else fails, he could try tearing open Warp portals, as that's pretty solid BFR at the very least.

Thank you Azzy for your Warhammer support~

I was gonna mention of Goetia having his summons but given Ahzek's power advantage and hax, it'd be pretty moot to even mention it here so it's just Goetia and Ahzek dude here then.

Anyways, that's one for the Chaos Magic user here.

It seems to me like Ahzek holds a greater advantage in terms of versatility and possibly sheer power, but what is the extent of Goetia's 10 rings magic nullification?

Only by going just his page here alone, it just says that he can manipulate any and all magecraft done by mankind. DEK if it's something that can extend to Ahzek's kind of magecraft so...

Yeah... not sure if Ahzek qualifies as human...

If its the same idea as the earth mother's authority that weakens anything "born of the earth" and Ahzek was born on Terra (that's the 40,000 AD earth right?) then it would work, but otherwise, not sure.

With Ahzek's advantages, I think I'll vote for him for now

@Monarch: Same. Probably Azzy can help answer that, as well as Rep if he happens to see this to at least maybe explain the ring thing. Though i personally feel that Ahzek wouldn't be affected by it.

Anyways, thanks for the vote at least.

@Azzy: Hmm...would that hinder Ahzek if the Ten Rings thing was around on Goetia and applied to those like...well Ahzek then?

Cause this is what it does if he has all ten rings as Monarch noted earlier.

"-Solomon's Ring (Òé¢Òâ¡ÒâóÒâ│Òü«µîçÞ╝¬, Soromon no yubiwa): are a series of rings given to Solomon by God. Due to Solomon's EX Rank, he can, if all ten rings are together, control and negate any and all Magecraft performed by mankind."

Guess it depends on if Space Marines still count as "mankind", since most of the source material states they're "barely human", and Ahriman is even less so after 10,000 years of Chaos influence. Then I suppose on if Tzeentch allows it, as Ahriman's "Magecraft" is Warp-based and he knows many strictly alien spells, alongside that. Or if stuff like his native reality-warpig nature counts as such.

Ah. That sounds rather difficult since as idk if the rings thing will even still apply or not if it's just warp-based and everything all that...

Even more of a DK if that would even make a difference here.

Kudos for the fight (Both of them look badass as **** and ready to rumble).

i don't think Goetia rings are going to be of much use here, Psykers draws their power from the Warp and this follows a different system then the Magecraft one, so i don't see Goetia negating and using Ahzek hax.

Apart from that everything has been said by both Monarch and Azathoth, i shall add only that Armour of Hatred is really going to be his most helpful power.

Thanks. I rarely see these two used compared to the ones I mentioned in the op. Figured by having them face each other would be nice.

Yeah again, I figured it wouldn't have worked much if at all.

What dat?

Armour of Hatred: Ahriman draws upon the boundless hatred that festers within the deepest recesses of his soul, fashioning a psychic shield with the capacity to nullify incoming onslaughts from others who utilize unnatural energies to their advantage.

It does protect him from unnatural energy , which seems a good counter to Goetia Magecraft.

I'm pretty sure Goetia gets stomped here. The only chance for him would be to unload all of AAS's accumulated power (which was compared to a supernova) on Ahzek, but he might just die before he gets the chance, and even if he managed to use it, i'm pretty sure Ahzek could just teleport out of the way or phase through it. Also, Goetia doesn't have anything to counter Warp Fate.

Oh right...that's on his page, I presume? Think I overlooked it.

Any case, I'm gonna assume you're going for Ahzek. Adding that as a vote.

The supernova thing is not on Goetia's page, if that's what you're talking about, but i can provide the quote if you want.

@NEH: I can still close this if enough people assume it to be a stomp...

Is it straightforward statement or something? Also, wouldn't that maybe give him with a High 4-C rating with Aas then?

But sure, go right on ahead.

Here it is. And here's the source.

With Goetia gone, Da Vinci finally manages to reach you from Chaldea. She's glad that you're okay, but there is no time to celebrate your victory. With the collapse of the temple, the light bands are becoming unstable. Now that Goetia is no more, the magical energy that binds the light bands together is gone. The rings will lose their shape and return to their original state---

Da Vinci:

It will diffuse and spread, as mana that fills the atmosphere. When that happens there will be no trace of this territory left.

It'll become an explosion just like a supernova! Before that happens, you must return to Chaldea!

Assuming Ahzek was born on Earth, Goetia's best chance is to just nuke it in Past, Present, and Future to prevent Ahzek from existing in the present.

That said, I don't know if this will actually work, since I know absolutely nothing about Warhammer or the kinds of things available on Earth at the time of Ahzek's birth.

That could work but idk of how it'll play it out in comparison to what Ahzek can do if he ends up killing Goetia before that happens...

@Reppuzan

It wouldn't be much of a smart choice, afaic. There is a really good possibility of the Emperor actually predicting what would happen to Earth, given his insane precognitive abilities, and then teleporting to earth to "welcome" Goetia to Terra. Goetia may find out that he chomped on something much bigger than what he can actually chew... EDIT: Again, that is a personal opinion of the matter.

That being said, this is a really difficult battle. Both of them have several powers that counter each other, and personally, I find it incredibly awesome. Flashy, haxxy, destructive, but not unfair. Kudos, Cross~

Anyway, I do think Goetia has an advantage in a long-term, direct fight, but Ahzek will most likely use his greater powers once he gets in a bad situation. Voting for Ahzek, with really high difficulties.

@Venom: It's what happens people on this wikia don't try to ever do other characters. Sometimes you just gotta go up and make them yourself.

Anyways, i'll add and count that as a vote.

@Eliminator

I should note that Ars Almadel Salomonis is able to blast people as early as the earliest human civilizations around 5000 B.C.E.

Can and will the God Emperor be able to stop this?

• Goetia blows up the Shaman's ancestors and time paradoxes the emp (and Ahzek by the butterfly effect) outta existence.*

@Reppuzan

"likely Time Paradox Immunity (His child self from 8,000 BCE was capable of perceiving an Astral Projection of one of his Custodes sent from the future, and communicated with him displaying all the knowledge and wisdom of his future self from 31,000 CE)"

From Emps power list. That, combined with his time powers and the like, should allow him to properly counter Goetia's technique.

Going from what was discussed on the thread so far, I don't feel like I have that much to add here atm, so I'll vote for Ahzek based on the reasons above (especially those given by Azathoth).

Alrighty.

Also at this point, i just want to have Goetia and Ahzek have a match result on this page so it pretty much doesn't who really wins here as long as they get something. You know...aside from certain people that keep getting matches (despite at times not having them done let alone getting results made to them but still)...

I understand that. ^_^ Especially since Ahzek here is probably my favorite out of the 4 champions too, despite Kharn being the most used by far.

Aside from getting close to ******* myself due to seeing some dumb stuff going on in the other threads, is there anyone else that wants to vote on here so i can close this up?

I think that i'll go with Ahzek for Azzy's reasons. There isn't really much that I could add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back