• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla King of the Monsters Revisions (Spoilers)

Quick question, Ghidorah lifted Godzilla into the air and dropped him from super high up. Godzilla weight 90,000+ tons and he reached terminal velocity. Wouldn't the following impact destroy all of Boston?

I ain't good at math, why I am on this sight is beyond me, but I do know the basics. Supercharged Godzilla got larger than his 2014 counter part, a wiki says 99,634 tons, reentry speed is 7.3 km/s or something like that. Boston has a square milage of 89.63 mi┬▓, so can someone figure out how much force would be applied to the ground upon impact and if it would kill the main characters who were somewhat within the same areaish?

724 KTs would be Large Town Level according to this very wiki's Attack Potency Chart, Boston is a larger city, I think, so it should of wiped the place clean. If not the marines and family should of been obliterated the moment Godzilla made impact. Just something I found weird, other than that a great freaking movie.

I really don't think Rodan and Mothra should be so below Godzilla. At least the should be At least 7-B (Rodan feat), possibly Low 6-B (Mothra can fight Rodan, who momentarily fought with Gidorah, though he was clearly weaker). Also, Burning Godzilla being powered by Mothra really reminded me of this and the scene in GMK.

I do not see why Ghidorah is multi-continent. A planetary storm was calced at small island, while I am sure "reshaping the world" was a figure of speech for the kaiju taking over Earth.

I agree the High 6-A rating should be removed. Also where was the hurricane calc at?

He ripped a hole in the atmosphere, but he wasn't tearing the entire thing apart at once.

A minor thing:

King Ghidorah's intelligence should definitely be higher than just animalistic: while he still acts through instinct, he is fully aware of his role as the King of the Monsters, and quite literally made a plan to reshape the whole planet. While similar examples exist in real life (though not to this level), that's not something your average animal can do.

Also, he managed to understand that Goji was behind him just by recognizing his reflection through a skyscraper's windows, which is more impressive than you'd think.

Oh, and his new abilities should be added to the Composite King Ghidorah profile.

DMB 1 said:
A minor thing:
King Ghidorah's intelligence should definitely be higher than just animalistic: while he still acts through instinct, he is fully aware of his role as the King of the Monsters, and quite literally made a plan to reshape the whole planet. While similar examples exist in real life (though not to this level), that's not something your average animal can do.
Depends if that is what his species does. If they are made to go to planets and get the inhabitance to terraform the earth, then that is instinct. However, we don't know if that is the case. Still think High Animalistic is fine though.

yeah, and also the mirror thing.

And about Mothra, her webs were actually able to immobilized Ghidorah for a bit.

High Animalistic seems just right, because Godzilla seemed to recognize Rodan as the one who injured Mothra and got angry a little. And it also seemed when he turned into his Burning Form, he was seemingly enraged at Mothra being killed by Ghirdorah. For all I know I could be wrong, but the I think their intelligence is High Animalistic.

Yep she can (She's like this primal energy that gets new bodies)

And yeah Zilla's a lot sleeker here (I miss the more Thicczilla from 2014)

Godzilla still super charged at the end, just not to a critical level. We can see the "JoJo" body (I'm going to call buffed Godzilla "JoJozilla" from now on). Tho the burning form is definitely limited. This key needs a weakness added: He will explode if he doesn't release the energy. He only survived due to releasing the excessive nuclear energy

Also, they used a lot of the original/pre-2000 movies formulas and concepts. Mothra is probably going to come back since she can do that.

A question: where was it ever stated that King Ghidorah could regenerate all of his body from just a single head?

I believe that's just some speculation from the movie's post-credit scene, not something that was actually confirmed. And that head looked very freaking dead to me so I don't know about type 2 immortality.

They are both somewhat outlandish theories since I have no idea how Tyrion's dad could possibly get his hands on such technology as the Oxygen Destroyer or just anything that could possibly build a Mecha-King Ghidorah.

Personally, I feel that the Destoroyah theory would fit the overall situation a bit more (for some reason), but to change Dez's origin to such an extent seems a weird thing for Legendary to do. I think they would still make him an extremely ancient crustacean.

To me just reviving KG in some way seems the most probable scenario.

Kaiser Ghidorah maybe. But I feel if GvKK is the last modern Legendary movie then why not bring in the monster best known for killing Godzilla.

The authors stated that there would be a "clear winner between the two" and that the human antagonists in KoTM would not appear in GvK, so I have my doubts. Though I like the idea of genetically cloning King Ghidorah into Monster X or something.

Also, getting back on track with the revisions, by their description, Ghidorah's storm feats seem to be done with his sheer strength during flight, not through electricity or weather hax. Don't get me wrong, High 6-A seems a bit of a stretch even to me, but I'd say that at least some of his storms would scale to his dura (though the ones I've seen getting calced are low-end Tier 6, so nothing would really change).

They mix human, frog and cuttlefish DNA with King Ghidorah to make the Indomius Ghidorah; he had 3 heads, but he ate the other two.

Should we add something to the Kaiju profiles to reflect the effect they have on an ecosystem? The thing about releasing a unique form of radiation that supercharges regrowth and evolution wherever they go?

Back