• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla 2017

So next year will be the 63rd anniversary of the King of the Monsters, Godzilla. Toho will be releasing the 30th film in the franchise however for the time ever it will be an animated film rather than a live-action movie. Some concept art was released a few months ago to promote it.

I think that if done right, a Godzilla anime film could be a major success. Anyone else care to share their thoughts on this?

Animation will be make by POLYGON PICTURES, a 3CG Animation Studio, instead from a traditional Anime Studio, I highly recommend start to see PS work, for example Ajin will be a good start, I'm 95% sure that the Animation will be quite like that, thought looks like story will take place on a futuristic time, taking that into account there are 2 possibilities

1. It will take place in another planet

2. It will take place on the past of the planet earth

knowing that is for sure that it will be like Knights of Sidonia, witha deep story for Humans characters as in Madoka Magica with a lot of gore.

Shock97 said:
I'm excited for the possibilites. Would be cool to get a take from another planet or in the faaaarrrr future.
I would like if Toho did that. There hasn't been a Godzilla film featuring kaiju on another planet since the Showa era.

I think its most likely humans returning to a Kaiju invested Earth after leaving for a long time due to pollution which made the animals undergo massive evolutionary steps.

Or something like that, although I kinda wanna see Mothra (Or Battra)'s behavior if this is the case.

I want to see a return of Gigan in any of the movies.

I wonder what the new Mechagodzilla will look like from here on now? Are the new string of movies bart of the "Millenium era" for Godzilla? Or is it a new one?

Well @Fan it is:

Legendary Series: Kong Skull Island, Godzilla 2014, Godzilla 2, Godzilla Vs Kong.

Shin Godzilla: Shin Godzilla (Maybe a one-shot)

Anime-Zilla: Anime Godzilla movie (Maybe a one-shot)

Millenium Era is over I believe.

Millenium had separated and unrelated movies, too was Showa near the end. Let's wait till more of the movies come to see.

Apex PredatorX said:
I think if the Anime film goes well then we could have a entire anime series about it.
That sounds good but honestly seems unlikely. I still think however that the coming together of Japan's most popular entertainment medium and who is arguably its most iconic cinematic character is looong overdue.

ConsumingFire said:
That sounds good but honestly seems unlikely. I still think however that the coming together of Japan's most popular entertainment medium and who is arguably its most iconic cinematic character is looong overdue.
I think we only can wait, after Godzilla 2014 succes in box office Toho has decided to be more experimental about G, this is why we get 3 reboots at same time.

Back