• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Requirements

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Experience with game editors and visual scripting
  • Ability to think logically with a high level of attention to detail
  • Passion for story-telling, world-building, and the desire to make other people’s work shine
  • Knowledge of competitive products as well as a personal understanding of God of War games
  • Team oriented mentality, no task is too small or too complicated if it makes the game better
  • 3+ year’s professional experience building content

Preferred Experience​

• Candidates who are fluent with the combat design choices, systems, mechanics, and enemies in God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarök (2022) are preferred

Preferred Experience

• Candidates who are fluent with the combat design choices, systems, mechanics, and enemies in God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarök (2022) are preferred

Preferred Experience

I feel like an idiot. There shouldn't have been a goddammit 5 page back and forth when a statement like this was in my gallery waiting
This is not substantively different from this scan which you did use on the thread:

v1t2rC9.jpeg

The only thing it mentions further is the Barbarian hammer having "extra power" to smash them into pieces, which again speaks to the damage threshold point that was discussed.

This is not substantively different from this scan which you did use on the thread:

v1t2rC9.jpeg

The only thing it mentions further is the Barbarian hammer having "extra power" to smash them into pieces, which again speaks to the damage threshold point that was discussed.
I doubt that, considering that the damage described is to "pieces", which is also what the Blades do, but you still need to do a specific finisher with them to kill the Remains or use the hammer.

I doubt that, considering that the damage described is to "pieces", which is also what the Blades do, but you still need to do a specific finisher with them to kill the Remains or use the hammer.
The hammer faces the same obstacle. You can hit them with the hammer, cause them to scatter into bones, and they will still reform.

The hammer doesn't deactivate their ability to reform from scattered bones..

The hammer faces the same obstacle. You can hit them with the hammer, cause them to scatter into bones, and they will still reform.

We'll continue this discussion tomorrow, it's currently the middle of the night for me so I can't really respond.

It doesn't.

And that's just how the Remains avoid attacks in the games, they deassemble themselves.

But I'm gathering more scans just to confirm.

Last edited:
So I just doing my first legit read of a God of war Novel (1, reached Chapter 6) and it was surprisingly good.

I really like how the novel made Kratos as a weird anti hero, that he would do horrible acts; thinking of killing slaves for life force because one of them angered him, but is just as capable of doing good when filled with hope; freeing said slaves and leading them in desperate times, bringing them Hope.

And I really like the justification behind it, that being Kratos being a nihilistic person who does not value human life due to losing all he cared about, having nothing but constant nightmares of his nightmarish acts, that all he wants is to be free from them.

The gods had more humorous Interactions, Zeus calling Athena "my little wily goddess", Hermes getting death threats for pursuing Athena, Ares going into angry ramblings always having something connected to Athena, Poseidon getting motivated by Athena Tate. I'm pretty sure some were not meant to be amusing, but I found them to be lol.

So I just doing my first legit read of a God of war Novel (1, reached Chapter 6) and it was surprisingly good.

I really like how the novel made Kratos as a weird anti hero, that he would do horrible acts; thinking of killing slaves for life force because one of them angered him, but is just as capable of doing good when filled with hope; freeing said slaves and leading them in desperate times, bringing them Hope.

And I really like the justification behind it, that being Kratos being a nihilistic person who does not value human life due to losing all he cared about, having nothing but constant nightmares of his nightmarish acts, that all he wants is to be free from them.

The gods had more humorous Interactions, Zeus calling Athena "my little wily goddess", Hermes getting death threats for pursuing Athena, Ares going into angry ramblings always having something connected to Athena, Poseidon getting motivated by Athena Tate. I'm pretty sure some were not meant to be amusing, but I found them to be lol.
Can you please tell me if there is a scan for the time GoW 3 took in universe, and if there was a scan about Thanatos apparently fighting Chaos at some point.

There is no particular thread. He just quietly retired by requesting Ant and asked him to block him as well.
I can see, it's a lot of stress with so many things on your mind and several downgrades happening next, i would go crazy if i had to defend my verse every second of a downgrade

I hope he can come back healthy from this and that he can return with the same joy he had for God Of War, i really like the person he is and has become.

I can see, it's a lot of stress with so many things on your mind and several downgrades happening next, i would go crazy if i had to defend my verse every second of a downgrade
He was actually going through IRL stress and the battleboarding stuff was also not helping. Also, the GoW downgrades were not the reason, he had disagreements with the site itself and the way it is handled hence why he quit it on principle more or less.
I hope he can come back healthy from this and that he can return with the same joy he had for God Of War, i really like the person he is and has become.
He probably might might never come back

wait what happens if someone makes 4-A kratos vs 4-A dante again

will it be a stomp
Bruh🤦‍♂️

Can you please tell me if there is a scan for the time GoW 3 took in universe, and if there was a scan about Thanatos apparently fighting Chaos at some point.
Have no clue about the Thanatos stuff but the artbook has GoW 3 take place in less than a day.

Athena is pretty funny in that book.

He's alright, just not doing vs stuff.

Honestly despite the downgrade, GoW supporter can still create new thread with new justification in the future anyway.
Yep. I'm not no-lifing my way though summer with a million threads, worst comes to worst, I'll just fix the verse later on.

Have no clue about the Thanatos stuff but the artbook has GoW 3 take place in less than a day.

Athena is pretty funny in that book.

He's alright, just not doing vs stuff.

Yep. I'm not no-lifing my way though summer with a million threads, worst comes to worst, I'll just fix the verse later on.
GoW 3 takes less than a day? Do you have a link to the GoW 3 artbook, or that page?

Kratos really killed the most powerful gods and titans while bringing the apocalypse in just a day
That's what I'm saying. The Titans couldn't beat the Gods in hundreds of years, and here comes Kratos to basically solo both of them in a day lol. I'd feel like trash in the afterlife.

Hello.

Is this an accurate change that I reverted for Kratos?

Back