• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

"The Domain of Death is Thanatos's realm, where Kratos had gone to rescue his brother, Deimos, who was held prisoner there since childhood. It is a 4D universe, lacking time entirely".

Well, one simple question: If Thanatos' realm is devoid of Time entirely, how did Deimos age?
Nobody knows. Either time doesn't exist there, or we're dealing with the usual different time flows BS that don't match up with the Mortal World, much like Olympus (Which also has a blank time statement but then again, Acausal BS goes on in the realm of the Gods).

Nobody knows. Either time doesn't exist there, or we're dealing with the usual different time flows BS that don't match up with the Mortal World, much like Olympus (Which also has a blank time statement but then again, Acausal BS goes on in the realm of the Gods).
Mt. Olympus itself has a different time flow? Where is that stated?

Mt. Olympus itself has a different time flow? Where is that stated?
I didn't say it had a different timeflow for sure, just that it was a possibility, since in the same Ghost of Sparta scan where the Domain of Death has no timetable given at all, neither does Olympus. Which can only mean one of two things. One- Time does not exist, or two, different flows of time. Though Olympus thing could just be an acausal kind of thing like I already stated, since the Gods are acausal after all.

@KLOL506 Doesn't Tale of Morpheus say that they're representations of abstractions? What would be a debunk for that?
Doesn't mean anything for a debunk, nothing to debunk here anyway. They've been called personifications and embodiments and whatnot just for the literary flavor, but their true nature is truly something else if Ascension is anything to go by.

Only other cope people have is trying to argue them bleeding, as if their blood is anything normal to scoff at.

Doesn't mean anything for a debunk, nothing to debunk here anyway. They've been called personifications and embodiments and whatnot just for the literary flavor, but their true nature is truly something else if Ascension is anything to go by.

Only other cope people have is trying to argue them bleeding, as if their blood is anything normal to scoff at.
Ah, alright.

By the way, is Tale of Helios real? It doesn't look remotely similar to the other Tales.

Ah, alright.

By the way, is Tale of Helios real? It doesn't look remotely similar to the other Tales.
Aye, it's got the watermark, and the Attica artwork. Some other additional content cut off from the sides too. Wonder what the original full package must've been like.

Aye, it's got the watermark, and the Attica artwork. Some other additional content cut off from the sides too. Wonder what the original full package must've been like.
Ah. So the only ones that are fake are the ones proclaiming the primordials to be embodiments, right?

Ah. So the only ones that are fake are the ones proclaiming the primordials to be embodiments, right?
The Morpheus one? Nah, that's legit too, only fake ones are the ones not in page format, with the dogshit grammar and ripped out Ascension scans. My previous comment wasn't saying anything against the Morpheus scan, only to the potential would-be people who would try to argue otherwise against it.

The Morpheus one? Nah, that's legit too, only fake ones are the ones not in page format, with the dogshit grammar and ripped out Ascension scans. My previous comment wasn't saying anything against the Morpheus scan, only to the potential would-be people who would try to argue otherwise against it.
Nah, not Morpheus. The one that has "darkness is the path to enlightment."

By the way, how come the Norse rules of the soul (4 parts, form mind luck and direction) also apply to the Greek side?

Nah, not Morpheus. The one that has "darkness is the path to enlightment."
Is it the one with the grammatical errors? Then it's a fake.

By the way, how come the Norse rules of the soul (4 parts, form mind luck and direction) also apply to the Greek side?
Mimir made absolutely no distinction about the souls when talking about it. Him, a Faerie, Kratos, a Spartan, and Atreus, half-Greek, half-Giant.

I'm rewatching the battle with Ragnarok. Did Thor actually fight against Ragnarok? All we saw was Thor avoiding Ragnarok's attacks, but we never saw Thor actually trading blows with Ragnarok. Compared to Jormungander actually surviving the blow from Thor which sent him back through time. Same goes with Freya and Freyr: all they really did was avoid Ragnarok or try to speak to him, and for all we know, the most Freyr managed to endure before was a casual swat from Ragnarok. The concrete feats were his destruction of Asgard and shaking the World Tree with his sword strike. Freyr could only momentarily hold off the sword with a combination of his own power compounded by Ingrid. Guess the point I'm trying to make is whether he truly scales at or below the top Norse dogs like Thor and Odin, or if he actually scales above them and Jormungander. I'm inclined to believe he's still stronger than the top Norse gods.

I'm rewatching the battle with Ragnarok. Did Thor actually fight against Ragnarok? All we saw was Thor avoiding Ragnarok's attacks, but we never saw Thor actually trading blows with Ragnarok. Compared to Jormungander actually surviving the blow from Thor which sent him back through time. Same goes with Freya and Freyr: all they really did was avoid Ragnarok or try to speak to him, and for all we know, the most Freyr managed to endure before was a casual swat from Ragnarok. The concrete feats were his destruction of Asgard and shaking the World Tree with his sword strike. Freyr could only momentarily hold off the sword with a combination of his own power compounded by Ingrid. Guess the point I'm trying to make is whether he truly scales at or below the top Norse dogs like Thor and Odin, or if he actually scales above them and Jormungander. I'm inclined to believe he's still stronger than the top Norse gods.
Most of the fights happen offscreen. Thor vs Jormungandr isn't given much screentime and neither is Freya and Freyr holding off Surtr given much screentime either. The last scene before you fight Thor is just him cleaning up.

This? This is the only one that fits the bill, not even this has that line. The punctuation errors are blatantly visible on this one.
Ah yes, that one.

Actually, looking close up, the text resolution is ridiculously high compared to the background. 100% photoshopped by some downplayer.

Ah yes, that one.

Actually, looking close up, the text resolution is ridiculously high compared to the background. 100% photoshopped by some downplayer.
That's another thing to take into account as well. The actual background being low-res but the text being high-res and the punctuations and spacing being all over the place. Nobody types like that.

Honestly, it'd be best if you just didn't bother with the dudes on the GoW wiki anymore after this, let them be with their own opinions and whatever, even if they aren't true. After all, we have shit like the Domain of Death having a kooky intro header. It's not our job to convince people outside. People still have disagreements with stuff like Kratos' height and shit even after those have had multiple official sources confirming Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos concretely having different heights.

Most of the fights happen offscreen. Thor vs Jormungandr isn't given much screentime and neither is Freya and Freyr holding off Surtr given much screentime either. The last scene before you fight Thor is just him cleaning up.
That's kinda my point. The fact that it's offscreen means there's not enough proof that gods like Thor or Freyr are equal or comparable to Ragnarok, just that they're relative in speed. There's detailed evidence that Thor and Jormungandr are comparable and their previous battles based on statements from Mimir and Freya. So I'm saying that the justification that AP evidence that Thor and Freyr could hold back Ragnarok should be removed since we don't know what happened. The most we saw between Thor and Ragnarok is just Ragnarok swatting his hand and Thor avoiding the attack.

That's kinda my point. The fact that it's offscreen means there's not enough proof that gods like Thor or Freyr are equal or comparable to Ragnarok, just that they're relative in speed. There's detailed evidence that Thor and Jormungandr are comparable and their previous battles based on statements from Mimir and Freya. So I'm saying that the justification that AP evidence that Thor and Freyr could hold back Ragnarok should be removed since we don't know what happened. The most we saw between Thor and Ragnarok is just Ragnarok swatting his hand and Thor avoiding the attack.
Nothing about Thor implies he's evading Ragnarok with speed just because he can, hell, Kratos explicitly ordered Freyr and Freya to merely distract Ragnarok, but Freyr alone gets swatted aside by the infighting of the trio, it's not as if Thor wasn't blasting bolts at both Jormungandr and Ragnarok, which he fully was, since it's a habit of his to go all out with lightning bolts at once.

That's another thing to take into account as well. The actual background being low-res but the text being high-res and the punctuations and spacing being all over the place. Nobody types like that.

Honestly, it'd be best if you just didn't bother with the dudes on the GoW wiki anymore after this, let them be with their own opinions and whatever, even if they aren't true. After all, we have shit like the Domain of Death having a kooky intro header. It's not our job to convince people outside. People still have disagreements with stuff like Kratos' height and shit even after those have had multiple official sources confirming Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos concretely having different heights.
May I ask, what about the one that starts with "The genealogies of God and Man span eternal?"

Nothing about Thor implies he's evading Ragnarok with speed just because he can, hell, Kratos explicitly ordered Freyr and Freya to merely distract Ragnarok, but Freyr alone gets swatted aside by the infighting of the trio, it's not as if Thor wasn't blasting bolts at both Jormungandr and Ragnarok, which he fully was, since it's a habit of his to go all out with lightning bolts at once.
Worse still, Freyr held back Ragnarok with Ingrid long enough for the rest of the gang to escape, and Ragnarok's final attack with his sword was also effectively a suicide attack that killed him too. Not like it matters anymore tho, both Thor and Ragnarok have showcased feats of significantly damaging Yggdrasil now at this point.

This is the most asinine take I've heard all night and I just came from a thread that wanted to ban FRAs. The entire point is that they hold him back from getting further into Asgard after they change their battle plan, and we see them doing it. Just cause it isn't DBZ clashes doesn't mean it wouldn't scale anyway.

We only saw Thor using lightning against Jormungander, but we didn't see him use it against Ragnarok. The only time lightning was visibly seen or heard was when Thor prepared the blow that sent Jormungander back in time. But Ragnarok wasn't present in that frame. How do we know that Thor was fighting Ragnarok? Can you show me the frame that implies that? It's clearly shown that Thor had his hands full with Jormungander alone. There's not enough proof to show Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or Freya, Freyr, Thor, Jormungander, and Ragnarok were all fighting each other simultaneously.

I'm just using the same logic we've been using before. Same way you guys disapproved of the idea that Odin's brothers actively working with Odin to kill Ymir due to limited evidence, I'm also showing the limited evidence which proves that Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or that Thor was even fighting Ragnarok at all. There's more clear evidence that Freyr and Freya were the ones who were occupying Ragnarok's attention based on the frames that are seen.

I guess I'm tired of progenitors of these mythologies constantly being downplayed or treated as below the other top tiers.

We only saw Thor using lightning against Jormungander, but we didn't see him use it against Ragnarok. The only time lightning was visibly seen or heard was when Thor prepared the blow that sent Jormungander back in time. But Ragnarok wasn't present in that frame. How do we know that Thor was fighting Ragnarok? Can you show me the frame that implies that? It's clearly shown that Thor had his hands full with Jormungander alone. There's not enough proof to show Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or Freya, Freyr, Thor, Jormungander, and Ragnarok were all fighting each other simultaneously.
...Except we do have frames of Thor fighting both of them? What are you talking about?
I'm just using the same logic we've been using before. Same way you guys disapproved of the idea that Odin's brothers actively working with Odin to kill Ymir due to limited evidence, I'm also showing the limited evidence which proves that Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or that Thor was even fighting Ragnarok at all. There's more clear evidence that Freyr and Freya were the ones who were occupying Ragnarok's attention based on the frames that are seen.
Vili and Ve are mentioned neither by Odin nor by Mimir and all we know of them is that they were on the shrine (and even then Atreus didn't mention them). We see Thor fighting them.

Back