• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

We only saw Thor using lightning against Jormungander, but we didn't see him use it against Ragnarok. The only time lightning was visibly seen or heard was when Thor prepared the blow that sent Jormungander back in time. But Ragnarok wasn't present in that frame. How do we know that Thor was fighting Ragnarok?
Same reason we know Kratos told Freyr and Freya to hold Ragnarok back to see if he will listen to reason.

Can you show me the frame that implies that? It's clearly shown that Thor had his hands full with Jormungander alone.
Thor was busting lightning bolts and Mjolnir throws left and right long before Jormie made a scene, right at the beginning of the invasion.

There's not enough proof to show Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or Freya, Freyr, Thor, Jormungander, and Ragnarok were all fighting each other simultaneously.
Honestly the worst take I've ever seen one make. Freyr wouldn't get swatted like that if they weren't fighting each other.

I'm just using the same logic we've been using before. Same way you guys disapproved of the idea that Odin's brothers actively working with Odin to kill Ymir due to limited evidence,
We disproved Odin's brothers working in unison because the final blow is explicitly shown to be landed by Odin himself, the brothers are shown as bystanders, even Odin's own words prove otherwise, where the hell did you get the notion we dismissed the brothers due to limited evidence? Quite the opposite, we dismissed the brothers because there was ample evidence against them meaning ****-all in the final stretch of the battle.

I'm also showing the limited evidence which proves that Thor was fighting both Jormungander and Ragnarok at the same time, or that Thor was even fighting Ragnarok at all. There's more clear evidence that Freyr and Freya were the ones who were occupying Ragnarok's attention based on the frames that are seen.
Freyr getting swatted kills this notion deader than Pandora herself.

...Except we do have frames of Thor fighting both of them? What are you talking about?
The only frame of evidence I've seen or the moment that's linked on their profile of Thor fighting both of them is when one of Ragnarok's hands is visible while he fights with Jormungander and Surtr just swats his hand at Thor, which Thor avoids. I don't see how that equates to Thor fighting both simultaneously: the only thing that conclusively proves is that Thor's fast enough to avoid both of them, which makes sense considering they're both significantly larger than him. I saw that more as just the battle between Thor and Jormungander dragging them closer to Ragnarok. Immediately after, Thor focuses his attention back solely on Jormungander. If there's another frame which shows Thor like withstanding one of his attacks or blocking it with Mjolnir or something, please link it.

Imagine this, a mountain sized fire giant is on a suicide quest to destroy everything.
You as the strongest Aesir god have the responsibility to stop him.
How the **** do you not fight him?
Who else will fight Ragnarok if not you?

Like in 2018 no one questioned Thor or Odin couldn't fight Ragnarock, they all die fighting each other and busting the nine realms. Happens ad infinitum according to fate.

Now suddenly everyone stops scaling to Ragnarock? What logic is being used here?

The only frame of evidence I've seen or the moment that's linked on their profile of Thor fighting both of them is when one of Ragnarok's hands is visible while he fights with Jormungander and Surtr just swats his hand at Thor, which Thor avoids. I don't see how that equates to Thor fighting both simultaneously: the only thing that conclusively proves is that Thor's fast enough to avoid both of them, which makes sense considering they're both significantly larger than him. I saw that more as just the battle between Thor and Jormungander dragging them closer to Ragnarok. Immediately after, Thor focuses his attention back solely on Jormungander. If there's another frame which shows Thor like withstanding one of his attacks or blocking it with Mjolnir or something, please link it.
That's literally just Thor cleaning up, that's all there is to it.

....You do realize we see him weaving and attacking for a prolonged period against them when we're with Thrud right (even if it's a background shot) And what the heck do you think Thor is doing there? A ballet recital?

This is the umpteenth time we see people treat Ragnarok as some unreachable god tier for no reason.

....You do realize we see him weaving and attacking for a prolonged period against them when we're with Thrud right (even if it's a background shot) And what the heck do you think Thor is doing there? A ballet recital?
Fighting Jormungander by himself. There's probably more footage showing blows being exchanged between Thor and Ragnarok that I didn't noticed based on the videos provided on Youtube. Just forget about it. I just wanted not to wank Ragnarok. I wasn't implying that Thor couldn't fight Ragnarok at all, just that he'd likely lose by himself.

Fighting Jormungander by himself. There's probably more footage showing blows being exchanged between Thor and Ragnarok that I didn't noticed based on the videos provided on Youtube. Just forget about it. I just wanted not to wank Ragnarok. I wasn't implying that Thor couldn't fight Ragnarok at all, just that he'd likely lose by himself.
...................??????????????????????

Thor? Strongest of the Aesir and Vanir gods? One of the only beings that actually has a feat on par with Ragnarok? The god that everyone in the Nine Realms had no issue believing could fight and fell Ragnarok back when "can kaboom the World Tree" was the status quo? That Thor?

Yeah we already discussed this tweet in full, and that's simply not what happened in the actual game itself (Especially considering Thor simply kept taking Ls against Kratos in the QTEs of the final match), the hand thing happens after Thor is already on the ground when Kratos stabs him in the hand, the fight is already over by then. Also, note how Bruno says "I don't believe", AKA this is one of those times where the tweet can't exactly be taken to heart.

Yeah we already discussed this tweet in full, and that's simply not what happened in the actual game itself (Especially considering Thor simply kept taking Ls against Kratos in the QTEs of the final match), the hand thing happens after Thor is already on the ground when Kratos stabs him in the hand, the fight is already over by then. Also, note how Bruno says "I don't believe", AKA this is one of those times where the tweet can't exactly be taken to heart.
I knew it there was Something but didn't played the boss fight in a while so didn't remembered

Can someone help me understand why people say "they're in the same physical space so they aren't universes"?
"same physical space" means **** all if that "same physical space" is a higher-dimensional space or is larger than whatever it is encompassing overall. It is absolutely possible for a 4D object to be larger than and contain other 4D constructs and still be higher-dimensional without needing to reach Tier 1.

Btw wouldn't The curse technically give kratos mid regen?
Cuz i doubt he never tried Something like decap or fatal brain damage

Ah fair enough, was thinking the fact kratos can't kill himself due ti curse regen would be enough for at least mid
His best feat that he demonstrably talks about is stabbing himself through the heart and still being unable to kill himself. Low-Mid. If that wasn't enough, there's still the gaping hole in his abdomen that he healed from a long while after being resurrected, he didn't heal it on the spot.

Back