• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

not to mention , from Art of God of War Ragnarok , Ratatoskr statement about what would've happened if Kratos didn't intervene and even sinmara's voice lines...........its likely that Surtur can one shot Yggdrasil ngl
That and we finally got the footage for Surtr and Thor tango'ing that people claimed never happened. Man it sure feels good to shove it in their face when they least expect it.

That and we finally got the footage for Surtr and Thor tango'ing that people claimed never happened. Man it sure feels good to shove it in their face when they least expect it.
I saw this debated on another site , the cope was so funny that one dude started arguing Freya and Freyr were helping Thor and attacking Surtur

not to mention , from Art of God of War Ragnarok , Ratatoskr statement about what would've happened if Kratos didn't intervene and even sinmara's voice lines...........its likely that Surtur can one shot Yggdrasil ngl
What art of gow Ragnarok says?

What art of gow Ragnarok says?
Ragnarok was truly supposed to be the end of everything in the 9 realms, not just Asgard.

image.png

Ay yo who the **** made this LMAO

Screenshot_20230129_160118_Tumblr.jpg
Reminds me of an anon from 4chan about the somewhat same topic (beta masculine men taking over our le gaems) the dude literally berated kratos's characterization because he is "Nomadic bitch that can't socialize" (not really how he worded it but close enough) but he shafted by another anon which basically caled out his dumb excuse of hating the new gow games and kratos. the ****** even somewhat implied that kratos is F-WORD for feeling guilty about literally destroying his homeland. by his stupid logic.

Here's a few things.

If Kratos Regenerated from killing himself with the blade of Olympus, he should have resistance to Regeneration negation.

Helios is missing Intangibility and invisibility nullification, as well as maybe illusion nullification.

Hermes needs Dimensional Travel for running across the underworld.

The head of Helios should have High 3-A range

I assume these are set for the upcoming CRT?

Here's a few things.

If Kratos Regenerated from killing himself with the blade of Olympus, he should have resistance to Regeneration negation.
He had Hope. He whacked himself of all powers using Hope itself. The Curse is what's keeping him up now.

Helios is missing Intangibility and invisibility nullification, as well as maybe illusion nullification.
Already in the plans. He'd get Enhanced Senses and ESP too, since his sister Eos' Mural blatantly states that "Those Who See what the Gods can See will find their way to Olympus", thus the other Gods would get it by default as well, plus Resistance to Illusions and Decoding of Garbled Language Murals in the Chamber of Pandora.

Hermes needs Dimensional Travel for running across the underworld.
Needs further evaluation and research before it is ready to be added to CRT.

The head of Helios should have High 3-A range
Already in Helios's profile. I fixed it a couple months back.

He had Hope. He whacked himself of all powers using Hope itself. The Curse is what's keeping him up now.
So he didn't survive, he was resurrected?

Well that should be removed from his low mid justification ( he does have Low mid, that particular instance just isn't him regenerating)
Already in the plans. He'd get Enhanced Senses and ESP too, since his sister Eos' Mural blatantly states that "Those Who See what the Gods can See will find their way to Olympus", thus the other Gods would get it by default as well, plus Resistance to Illusions and Decoding of Garbled Language Murals in the
Yeah I saw that in your sandbox I've been checking out every day for a while.
Needs further evaluation and research before it is ready to be added to CRT.
Yeah probably.
Already in Helios's profile. I fixed it a couple months back.
I meant Kratos using his head.

Pause.

So he didn't survive, he was resurrected?
Yes, but his wound didn't heal when he came back due to the curse. The blood trail is evident of this. It healed way after he had tossed himself into the sea.

Well that should be removed from his low mid justification (he does have Low mid, that particular instance just isn't him regenerating)
Why? He scales above his Norse self who has the regen feat to begin with because of the curse.

Basically, his wound doesn't heal when he resurrects due to the curse. He limps off to the cliffside and the trail of blood stretches that far. He heals his stomach wound much, much later, not when he gets resurrected on the spot.

I meant Kratos using his head.
He prolly could, but again, requires more evaluation here.

Last edited:
Basically, Hope Kratos channels Hope through BoO to kill himself (At this point the Blade is completely useless, only Hope can harm Kratos now), does the deed and is now completely mortal. Athena is disappointed and Kratos dies. But then the curse kicks in, and he limps to the cliff overlooking the sea, the blood trail still present. He hasn't healed from his wound at all yet. He healed way later after the post-credits scene of GoW3.

Last edited:
So the Regen is because of the curse and isn't just a genetic trait of Kratos?

Or is it both?
Both, I'd say. And there are two more factors into it: Magic and Rage (The latter being exclusively a Kratos + Atreus trait)

Kratos can willingly heal himself using magic (And clean himself up and fix his gear as well) or even hold back his regen, or let his curse do the talking for him, but his magic to heal any wounds and even clean himself is something he passed onto Atreus and something nobody else has showcased in the series so far.

He's using the same power source that illuminated an infinite plane, what's left to be evaluated?
Whether Kratos actually used it that far to begin with. He doesn't use it to light up entire dimensions that much because he doesn't find much of a use case for it other than using it as a flashlight.

Do all gods grow in power over time or was this the case with only the Olympians?
Only Gods of War and Zeus have Accelerated Development.

All other Gods in Olympus have Empowerment from Prayers, this includes Primordials and Titans too.

Hades grows more powerful every time someone dies and ends up in the Underworld, and the boost becomes even more compounded if he absorbs said souls into himself.

Sisters of Fate don't care.

Norse Gods do not seem to have empowerment from Prayers or souls.

Quick question, since the Arms of Sparta seemed to be a magical sort of Spartan spear, would it be safe to assume that a lot of Spartan weapons are magic based? Or am I majorly misinterpreting?

Quick question, since the Arms of Sparta seemed to be a magical sort of Spartan spear, would it be safe to assume that a lot of Spartan weapons are magic based? Or am I majorly misinterpreting?
It is not safe to assume that whatsoever.

Wouldn't Ragnarok book be talking about gow 2018 peak considerating context seems talking about when Kratos killed baldur?

Wouldn't Ragnarok book be talking about gow 2018 peak considerating context seems talking about when Kratos killed baldur?
It was reiterated recently on the cosplay guide so that's unlikely. Between that and her being Odin's deadliest foe at her peak, it seems more consistent for it to mean Ragnarok Kratos.

Back