• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Still 1000% better than Zeus tbh
Zeus going loco was kind of Kratos's fault tho. Odin literally went paranoid on the basis that he could die in the future.

Zeus actively helped Kratos out despite knowing that he was his son and that he was responsible for leaving his brother to suffer in the Domain of Death, knowing that these two would come at him for vengeance if they knew the truth, yet he kept them around thinking he could keep them in check, but the moment Kratos opened the box, Zeus was effectively consumed with fear and became enraged and obsessed with Kratos's death.

Zeus actively helped Kratos out despite knowing that he was his son and that he was responsible for leaving his brother to suffer in the Domain of Death, knowing that these two would come at him for vengeance if they knew the truth, yet he kept them around thinking he could keep them in check, but the moment Kratos opened the box, Zeus was effectively consumed with fear and became enraged and obsessed with Kratos's death.
Regarding this, I do wonder how and why Deimos was kept around that long. I would assume that the prophecy of a marked warrior would spur Zeus to kill him but he seemingly just sent Ares and Athena to capture him and lock him away, where any deity could just strike a deal with Thanatos to turn him into a weapon against the gods.

Regarding this, I do wonder how and why Deimos was kept around that long. I would assume that the prophecy of a marked warrior would spur Zeus to kill him but he seemingly just sent Ares and Athena to capture him and lock him away, where any deity could just strike a deal with Thanatos to turn him into a weapon against the gods.
I mean, maybe because Zeus took pity on him and not on Deimos? Hera did tell Zeus unsuccessfully to kill Kratos the day he was born.

I mean, maybe because Zeus took pity on him and not on Deimos? Hera did tell Zeus unsuccessfully to kill Kratos the day he was born.
Possibly. Though, it'd have made more sense to lock him up somewhere guarded by an Olympian who'd have a vested interest in preserving their rule rather than with a Primordial God of only tangential loyalty to him. Or maybe he was just confident he could deal with any unforeseen outcome.

Ragnarok is gonna either make me like Odin as a villain or not care for him. I hope they don't make him into someone that makes himself seem smarter than he actually is and is someone that is easily bested and outsmarted by Krato and Atreus simply traveling and not scheming a smidge themselves. I really want him to be an incredible schemer that is underestimated by most if not all of the characters and really prove his status as the apex of the Norse realm.

Ragnarok is gonna either make me like Odin as a villain or not care for him. I hope they don't make him into someone that makes himself seem smarter than he actually is and is someone that is easily bested and outsmarted by Krato and Atreus simply traveling and not scheming a smidge themselves. I really want him to be an incredible schemer that is underestimated by most if not all of the characters and really prove his status as the apex of the Norse realm.
either way odin making himself smarter thn he seens is honestly in character.

I've been looking over the trailer a lot and I think the enemies we see Krato's use the Blades of Chaos to jump to and slam down on with the Leviathan axe are from Asgard. The trail of the objects they throw are rainbows.

Zeus going loco was kind of Kratos's fault tho. Odin literally went paranoid on the basis that he could die in the future.

Nah bro i'm talking about IRL Myth and Fate Odin

Betting Thor vs Kratos is gonna be the reason for this game's version of Kratos getting his god powers absorbed in 2 and River of Styx in 3

Betting Thor vs Kratos is gonna be the reason for this game's version of Kratos getting his god powers absorbed in 2 and River of Styx in 3
How'd that go? Like, the fight damaging his weapons severely or just plain injuries to his person?

Zeus merely aiding Kratos so that he can use him to his advantage. Then again, Whenever their well-being is threatened, both Odin and Zeus tend to be paranoid. Prior to Zeus becoming possessed by the Pandora Box's Fear, he considered Kratos a threat to the Olympian Gods.

Last edited:
You mean his weapons? Maybe. The Axe can be broken after all. Not so much the blades tho. And they're more powerful than leviathan and Mjolnir so idk. Maybe Odins nulls us like he did Freya?

How'd that go? Like, the fight damaging his weapons severely or just plain injuries to his person?
I think Kratos won't use the BoC at the start and so its downgrade could possibly be explained away by Kratos putting them up for 3 years and the blades themselves removed the Norse enhancements after a period of time or something. I think the Leviathan axe (and Mjolnir) will get damaged badly during the fight, same with the shield which leads to a narrative reason for its upgrades and new mechanics. Kratos may get hurt but I don't know about that.

I do wonder if GOW 6 does become a thing that will happen to all these weapons because I think people would get tired of them by then but they all are important to Kratos that there wouldn't be a narrative reason for him not to have 3 of the weapons or easily replace them in a new entry. Though now that I think about it, at the end of Ragnarok I could see Kratos leaving the Leviathan Axe and shield in Jotunheim or someplace sacred to Faye as a sign that the mission to fulfill her wish is done or something.

Potentially major leaked spoilers warning. I don't know if anyone else has seen this leak but I think it came out before the artbook leaks that revealed Kratos fights the norns and the leak happen to also mention such a thing happening. If that's true the leak is probably real.
This is fake btw.

So good ideas tho

Btw, the same guy that did the artbook leak had the story trailer privately uploaded on youtube for 2 months and someone else tweeted lines Odin said in the trailer 4 months ago. That's pretty crazy.

It's true, he posted the leak to a part of the trailer he had that was uploaded and the date is 2 months ago and the guy who tweeted Odin quotes still has those tweets up.
Think you could find those tweets?
Odin's design
Odin being more psychological fight
Fighting the norns

All were in the artbook leak
Yeah I've seen them.
Are you referring to the reddit leak?

I didn't see Odin's design mentioned
And to be fair, Fighting the Norns, and Odin being a psychological battle are pretty easy to predict

You mean his weapons? Maybe. The Axe can be broken after all. Not so much the blades tho. And they're more powerful than leviathan and Mjolnir so idk. Maybe Odins nulls us like he did Freya?
Unfortunately, Zeus clashes in Gow3 have destroy all of his weapons, but there is a chance for the Blade of Olympus.

Unfortunately, Zeus clashes in Gow3 have destroy all of his weapons, but there is a chance for the Blade of Olympus.
I don't think he'll need it, but I'd love to see the blade again. And actually the only thing that survived Zeus' blast was the blades.

What if Kratos brought all of his equipment from Greece to the Norse lands, and he hides them just in case, wouldn't that be cool?

Even everything that was broken in GOW 3

Think you could find those tweets?
Edit a reply above with a link
Yeah I've seen them.
Are you referring to the reddit leak?
Yes
I didn't see Odin's design mentioned
And to be fair, Fighting the Norns, and Odin being a psychological battle are pretty easy to predict
He mentions Odin’s design being very different from Zeus and looking like an old man. Fightning norns and Odin’s fighting style aren’t hard pills to swallow as a possibility but not something everyone could guess. Keep in my before this trailer we knew practically nothing about the story nor about Odin’s role/look and how much literal fate will play a role in it.

Zeus merely aiding Kratos so that he can use him to his advantage. Then again, Whenever their well-being is threatened, both Odin and Zeus tend to be paranoid. Prior to Zeus becoming possessed by the Pandora Box's Fear, he considered Kratos a threat to the Olympian Gods.
Thing is, Odin is more paranoid than Zeus is, because Zeus is overtly too confident in his own abilities and often tends to underestimate people like Kratos who are driven by nothing but vengeance and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

Freya should've had a page long ago.
She could easily be 2C with her magic as she reanimated Thamur and used him to restrain Kratos and Baldur, and with her plants, albeit briefly, and her Plants tanked an attacked from Baldur. Spellbound Freya in Base is probably around 10-B.

Her Valkyrie State could just be another key.

Freya should've had a page long ago.
She could easily be 2C with her magic as she reanimated Thamur and used him to restrain Kratos and Baldur, and with her plants, albeit briefly, and her Plants tanked an attacked from Baldur. Spellbound Freya in Base is probably around 10-B.

Her Valkyrie State could just be another key.
Her Valkyrie self is her True Self, her "base" self is just her Power Nulled self.

I do remember there being a conversation with one of the writers where he was asked about Hope and Fear.

btw there is rumor that during Odin final battle, Odin will have a lot of passive magic/protection around him that need to be nulled by atreus before kratos able to attack him. Those passive magic are represent by symbol or buff in odin health bar.

Back