• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Last edited:
Greek Kratos being 2.341036 meters (7ft 8-and-a-sixth inches, devs screwed up the conversion and called 7ft 6in as 2.35 meters when in reality 2.35 meters is 7ft 8-and-a-half inches) would thus be...

113.4 * (2.341036/1.94375)^3= 198.114431329 kg or 436.76 lbs

BIG BOI Greek Kratos. Already approaching Robert Wadlow's weight with that muscle bulk despite being well over a foot shorter (Zeus is taller than Robert, and even taller than Kratos).

Doubt the feat will mean much anyway given that Kratos and co. scale to Infinite via scaling to Hermes, Atlas and Zeus who both fodderize Helios.

There's also the Valkyries travelling the distance between the realms with the branches being confirmed to be infinite in size using Bifrost power. They travel from realm to realm via Bifrost, travelling the branches and opening gateways into realms when they finally arrive and whatnot.

Atreus is probably just going to get scaling to one of the stronger characters. Even if it is just downscaling.

I feel like Atreus should just straight up scale to Kratos and Baldur with his bow. The bow has no anti feats as Atreus only ever gets physically overpowered with his arrows piercing Baldur and Kratos everytime.

Doubt the feat will mean much anyway given that Kratos and co. scale to Infinite via scaling to Hermes, Atlas and Zeus who both fodderize Helios.

There's also the Valkyries travelling the distance between the realms with the branches being confirmed to be infinite in size using Bifrost power. They travel from realm to realm via Bifrost, travelling the branches and opening gateways into realms when they finally arrive and whatnot.
Hey KLOL, i wanted to ask something. How do u calc a speed feat using it's frames ?

Hey KLOL, i wanted to ask something. How do u calc a speed feat using it's frames ?
Simple, find out how many frames per second the video is running at.

Then find the number of frames over which the video took.

Then divide that number with the FPS value of the video itself.

Suppose a feat took place over 34 frames and the video is running at 30 frames-per-second (FPS).

Time is thus: 34/30= 1.13333333333 seconds.

Then it's just a matter of dividing distance travelled within that timeframe.

That or you can just use the seconds value and finding the difference between the starting time and the end time. Don't always need to use frames per second either.

Thanks KLOL, oh and one more thing. Where is it said that the Valkryies can travel the infinite distance between realms with Bifrost power ?

nice calc but it should be noted that we can't assume the Distance is 150.49 million km in GoW
I see no reason why we can't assume this. This is our baseline assumption for the distance between Earth and the Sun. There is nothing showing that the Sun is too close or too far from the Norse Earth, let alone the Greek Earth, both of which have proper moons, stars, constellations and galaxies.

This is what I think is happening. Kratos vs Thor is happening at the beginning of the game but it's Thor and Odin who arrive. Thor was tasked with distracting Kratos so Odin can reveal that he was there all along and talk with Atreus without interruption. That's why Kratos doesn't have the Blades or Mimir in the fight we've seen against Thor so far and why Atreus opens the door to their home probably because Odin pulled some trick with magic to imitate Kratos or something.

This is what I think is happening. Kratos vs Thor is happening at the beginning of the game but it's Thor and Odin who arrive. Thor was tasked with distracting Kratos so Odin can reveal that he was there all along and talk with Atreus without interruption. That's why Kratos doesn't have the Blades or Mimir in the fight we've seen against Thor so far and why Atreus opens the door to their home probably because Odin pulled some trick with magic to imitate Kratos or something.
but how does it works in no-cut camera ?

btw GoW ragnarok use no-cut camera like previous game. So imagine something what would happen in the story based on trailer is quite interesting.

but how does it works in no-cut camera ?
Probably use camera tricks or long panning shots to bounce from Atreus to Kratos or vice-versa. The fight between Thor and Kratos could also start near their home but just out of view where Odin can talk to Atreus and then the camera can pan back to Kratos vs Thor while Atreus and Odin begin to conversate but we never see the full conversation, just know the interaction and the next time you see Atreus is after the fight with Thor.

I think the devs want to go beyond Athena and the greek world which is why she just did nothing in the last game besides be a relic of Kratos's past that attempted to torment him but failed.

Kratos has a decent regen feat in the new trailer.

If you slow it down; at the point where the two valkyries tag teamed him, the first one basically uppercuts Kratos into the air with her bladed pole arm (looked like a huge glaive I guess) and Kratos bled for only a split second before the second Valkyrie yeeted him.

I think Odin is playing the long game and wants Ragnarok to happen and this might also be one of the reasons why, so he and/or Asgard doesn't need a Unity Stone or anything to travel between the pantheons to go on a conquering spree and wage war. I also think there might be a chance Mimir is in on the plan with Odin.
To add to this theory one of Mimir's tales is playing with the idea of why Odin wants Kratos and Atreus:

"Atreus: So what do you think, Mimir? What does Baldur want with us?

Mimir: Well… let’s look at what we know. Baldur is Odin’s finest tracker, bar none. If he wants you, you have to consider the possibility that Odin wants you. And as for what Odin wants, on this I have some expertise.

Atreus: What could WE have that Odin doesn’t? He’s like the king of gods!

Mimir: Of the Aesir, aye, but his reach is not unlimited. And where he cannot reach, he is preoccupied with going. He certainly tortured me enough about it over the years."

the Journal entry for the tale states:

"Mimir thinks Baldur is tracking us for Odin, who wants to go "where he cannot reach"... but WE can?"

The thing is Odin knew everything thing about our journey in GOW 2018 and what we will do and likely how to do it as was mentioned he saw visions of Kratos and Atreus in Ragnarok during the Lost Pages of Norse myth about Groa and knew he was a God from another land. So I think Odin spying on us to get to Jotunheim is an intended misdirection by the devs, just like we were led to believe Baldur was sent to find Kratos and Atreus rather than Faye was an intended misdirection. Mimir thinks Odin is out to find Jotunheim because he thinks Odin is relying on the giants to have the knowledge of how to change his fate but Odin should already be aware that there were no giants in Jotunheim and Odin should be aware that the Ragnarok he seen is a different/altered fate from the one prophesized by giants on murals so he knows fate can be altered. Odin knew Skoll and Hati catching their prey is the kickstart for Ragnarok yet didn't kill them as pups and actually set them on their prophesized course. Just as Odin kick-started Skoll and Hati's chase early, Odin knew Baldur has to die in order to commence with Ragnarok early and he purposefully sent Balder after the Ghost of Sparda knowing he would eventually be killed. Going back to my theory, I really think Odin wants Ragnarok to happen so his world can be considered a "dead pantheon" and he would be able to reach pantheons that he wouldn't be able to normally without a Unity Stone.

To add to this theory one of Mimir's tales is playing with the idea of why Odin wants Kratos and Atreus:

"Atreus: So what do you think, Mimir? What does Baldur want with us?

Mimir: Well… let’s look at what we know. Baldur is Odin’s finest tracker, bar none. If he wants you, you have to consider the possibility that Odin wants you. And as for what Odin wants, on this I have some expertise.

Atreus: What could WE have that Odin doesn’t? He’s like the king of gods!

Mimir: Of the Aesir, aye, but his reach is not unlimited. And where he cannot reach, he is preoccupied with going. He certainly tortured me enough about it over the years."

the Journal entry for the tale states:

"Mimir thinks Baldur is tracking us for Odin, who wants to go "where he cannot reach"... but WE can?"

The thing is Odin knew everything thing about our journey in GOW 2018 and what we will do and likely how to do it as was mentioned he saw visions of Kratos and Atreus in Ragnarok during the Lost Pages of Norse myth about Groa and knew he was a God from another land. So I think Odin spying on us to get to Jotunheim is an intended misdirection by the devs, just like we were led to believe Baldur was sent to find Kratos and Atreus rather than Faye was an intended misdirection. Mimir thinks Odin is out to find Jotunheim because he thinks Odin is relying on the giants to have the knowledge of how to change his fate but Odin should already be aware that there were no giants in Jotunheim and Odin should be aware that the Ragnarok he seen is a different/altered fate from the one prophesized by giants on murals so he knows fate can be altered. Odin knew Skoll and Hati catching their prey is the kickstart for Ragnarok yet didn't kill them as pups and actually set them on their prophesized course. Just as Odin kick-started Skoll and Hati's chase early, Odin knew Baldur has to die in order to commence with Ragnarok early and he purposefully sent Balder after the Ghost of Sparda knowing he would eventually be killed. Going back to my theory, I really think Odin wants Ragnarok to happen so his world can be considered a "dead pantheon" and he would be able to reach pantheons that he wouldn't be able to normally without a Unity Stone.
very very interesting. Also i would like to think Odin want to involve in higher existence shenanigans..............

Back