• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I just thought up a sorta simple and possible answer as to why Kratos could travel to different pantheons as if it's normal. There was nothing to maintain the belief system within the Greek world (little to no people or Gods) and so it simply became a dead pantheon. Being a dead pantheon means Kratos no longer has a pantheon to call home and therefore is not restricted to it meaning he can go in and out of any pantheon as if he's just a regular person using a boat or airplane going into another country.
Kratos is deadass mad in Fallen God. He can't make sense of left and right anymore and him walking into another pantheon like that may very well just be an illusion for him or the other gods directed him into a portal like that to fulfill his destiny in Egypt.

As for the other Persians coming in from their own mythology, one could argue their gods made a pathway for the Persians to look simplistic yet the reality is it's prolly some high level portal importing them to the other Pantheon. Because inter-realm travel doesn't happen physically either in Greek Myth or Norse. Kratos can't physically travel from the Mortal World to the Underworld just by digging through, it doesn't work like that, because if he really did, he'd logically end up in the Domain of Death, which is explicitly stated to be a separate realm from the Mortal World and the Underworld, but Kratos doesn't do that in GOW2 or 3. He just goes through. The only plausible explanation to this is godly BFR. That's it.

Kratos can't physically travel from the Mortal World to the Underworld just by digging through, it doesn't work like that, because if he really did, he'd logically end up in the Domain of Death, which is explicitly stated to be a separate realm from the Mortal World and the Underworld, but Kratos doesn't do that in GOW2 or 3.
Although they didn't explicitly explain, this may be the only explanation they gave us:
  • Creating the Hades Palace Entrance was one of the hardest things I was tasked with during the course of production, but also one of the most satisfying concepts to do. This was one of the earliest environments that the player would encounter in the game, and we wanted it to have as much Visual impact as possible. Since Kratos is supposed to have fallen straight through the world directly to hell, we wanted to make it truly horrifying and scary place.

Although they didn't explicitly explain, this may be the only explanation they gave us:
  • Creating the Hades Palace Entrance was one of the hardest things I was tasked with during the course of production, but also one of the most satisfying concepts to do. This was one of the earliest environments that the player would encounter in the game, and we wanted it to have as much Visual impact as possible. Since Kratos is supposed to have fallen straight through the world directly to hell, we wanted to make it truly horrifying and scary place.
Not sure if that piece was made before Ghost of Sparta became a thing.

BTW, I think we should remove the "Scales to Helios" part from Kratos, and change it to just scaling to Zeus, Hercules and Hermes (The latter two actually having reacted to the light of Helios). Hermes and Hercules are the only ones who can react to the light from Helios's head, Kratos never does so and most other characters don't, mostly because they lack the defense against it or they just don't care enough and consider its power as useless (As proven when Hercules without the Cestuses only either gets sent flying or just powers through it when mid-attack, and Zeus isn't even affected by it in the slightest, that and Zeus literally scares the entire pantheon shitless and even catches Hermes off guard).

Not to mention that Helios is egregious fodder and everyone's punching bag, getting blitzed even by the severely-weakened-and-soul-stripped Atlas on his best day.

Fax. Also should Kratos' resistance negation with Golden Fleece make a comeback? From what I remember the reasoning for it's removal was Gorgons could be petrified with Euryale's head, unlike Medusa's but this ignores the fact that Euryale is more powerful than every other Gorgon (Except the one in Ascension Multiplayer I think)

You reflect their own gaze back at them, which they already resist.
Stoning them with Euryale's head or Soul Summon is just stronger petrification.

Also I think psychometry should be removed

Fax. Also should Kratos' resistance negation with Golden Fleece make a comeback? From what I remember the reasoning for it's removal was Gorgons could be petrified with Euryale's head, unlike Medusa's but this ignores the fact that Euryale is more powerful than every other Gorgon (Except the one in Ascension Multiplayer I think)

There's a valid explanation for that. Medusa stuff got retconned. The reason why Medusa's head can't petrify other Gorgons in GOW1 is because her petrification powers got weakened as a result of her death at the hands of Kratos, as Aphrodite mentions in the novel. Medusa's petrifying powers are permanent while alive, yet Kratos had no issue breaking out of it at all. But once she dies, it's weakened and no longer permanent.

Even if it were not the case, it just means Euryale has stronger Petrification, not that it negates Resistance. Note that it says "Resistance", not "Immunity".

Neutral on this TBF.

Not sure mastering every weapon instantly is psychometry. Isn't psychometry something similar to clairvoyance?
Well the justification was that he mastered them upon physical contact with the weapon. But now I'm no longer certain.

There's a valid explanation for that. Medusa stuff got retconned. The reason why Medusa's head can't petrify other Gorgons in GOW1 is because her petrification powers got weakened as a result of her death at the hands of Kratos, as Aphrodite mentions in the novel. Medusa's petrifying powers are permanent while alive, yet Kratos had no issue breaking out of it at all. But once she dies, it's weakened and no longer permanent.

Even if it were not the case, it just means Euryale has stronger Petrification, not that it negates Resistance. Note that it says "Resistance", not "Immunity".

Neutral on this TBF.
well i think this is make more sense and simple

i think stheno from multiplayer is strongest, her petrification bypass forcefield and insta-kill those warriors.

Kratos is stated to be a master of all weapons not that he can master any weapon that he comes in contact with.

kinda NLF to me.
Say what?

@huzzy Since I won't delve too deep into it, I'm Neutral on it, as what he was capable of was evident from the game or novel, sort of self-evident.

Apart from learning a weapon's skills from touching it, he is notable for actually mastering every weapon he encountered on his journey. Also, the weapons he wields are not normal weapons, whether they are weapons of the Gods or not. Be it a Swords, Spears, Hammer, Bows, Axe, and Gauntlets even. Also, any other weapons obtained from the gods could be used equally.

Nevertheless, one could argue that it could just be a game mechanic, otherwise we'd give every character in every video game a psychometric for having the same mechanics as God of War-like. So um...yea...

I think it's more like a skill thing where he's just super fast at learning what a weapon does instead of an ability thing where the ability automatically gives him knowledge.

Novel states as much, but I'd guess he'd be a master of most weapons of his era in time, or possibly in all eras due to his status as a God of War and him seeing futures and stuff so that may not be too far-fetched IMHO.
Do we even need novel statements? He clearly is a master of all weapons judging from gameplay

Novel states as much, but I'd guess he'd be a master of most weapons of his era in time, or possibly in all eras due to his status as a God of War and him seeing futures and stuff so that may not be too far-fetched IMHO.
I think it's more like a skill thing where he's just super fast at learning what a weapon does instead of an ability thing where the ability automatically gives him knowledge.

ohh interesting..

Holy ****, literal cumming rn
Already greatest game of 2022

Man, i will be getting ****** by school but i have to finish this game

Back