• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

also do you think fate in ragnarok is stronger than fate in Greek ?
Not sure. I doubt it, but I won't rule it out.

Also I loved how this trailer was bait, they've had some really lame trailers and gameplay lately, and they probably know that, so they show the dual sense and I thought that was it lmfao especially when they showed previous footage lol.

The one in the trailer? Nah doubt it. I do think we'll fight him at the start of the game like Baldur tho
Kratos has no blades of chaos and Atreus isn't present. I don't imagine you would fight Thor when Kratos is missing a portion of his combat kit in the middle or near the end of the game.

People are saying this place is probably that space that connects Musepelheim and Niflheim

I believe that space was the Ginnungagap and it appears to be the center of the world tree meaning (big spoilers for those who didn't read the concept art leaks)
those two Valkyrie looking woman in the trailer are probably two of the three Norns

And there is a high potential for characters scaling above the World Tree if the merging of Primordial Fire and Ice is what's maintaining the existence of the World Tree.

Last edited:
I'm convinced those who say this game looks like DLC have never played the last game. Every time new gameplay is shown I easily spot something new and the art style and graphics are absolutely insane that you would think they went to a different pantheon in some of the scenes.

Ikr. Those are stupid people.

If anything, I can see the originals slowly making a comeback with this one
That's the feeling I get.

I think they are gonna alter combat styles every time they do a new mythology but if they don't, the way the combat evolved in this game, I can see the next game being viewed as a mix of Ragnarok and the original GoW games' combat style with how much this game is attempting to make the game faster and more "momentum" based.

Those enemies designs are really sick, they literally give us so much enemies variety, wonder if the previous enemies from GoW will come back
I didn't expect Tyr voice at all and it sending me chills, Skoll chasing the sun is amazing, and goodness the world designs are f***ing bananas, the scene where an big jellyfish emerged give me a goosebumps

Since the Sun and Moon not moving means time stopping, I wonder what's the reason for the eclipse and why Skoll and Hati temporarily stopped chasing after them.

People are saying this place is probably that space that connects Musepelheim and Niflheim

I believe that space was the Ginnungagap and it appears to be the center of the world tree meaning (big spoilers for those who didn't read the concept art leaks)
those two Valkyrie looking woman in the trailer are probably two of the three Norns

And there is a high potential for characters scaling above the World Tree if the merging of Primordial Fire and Ice is what's maintaining the existence of the World Tree.
I take back those Valkyries being you know whos since the subtitles for the new trailer on Playstation's yt channel call one of them Hirst (or Hrist) which is just another Valkyrie

f5cde615-6434-4999-a7a9-cef5465c51e4

so i assume that flat earth is greek. Also what is that between norse myth and greek myth ?

MFTL, reached the sun in like 2 seconds flat, the Wolf did it even faster and even chased the sun across the sky, not sure which wolf it was, could either be Skoll or Hati, but they're equal so it doesn't matter.
Im pretty sure it’s Skoll if we follow the mythology right, since he is the one told to chase the Sun afterall.

And yeah, i calculated it too and got 251c, A.K.A MFTL.

How big were the Primordials to be exact ?
Universe-sized. Even without being that big, Uranus fought against Cronos in a battle of cosmic scale as per WoG, and the fight ended up being a 1:1 copy of the battle in the myth, Cronos won by castrating Uranus and killing him like that.

Back