• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Castlevania seems to involve the narrative of a book being rewritten which leads to reality being rewritten, hard to argue that this isn't narrative elements devoid from simply altering fate as it isn't any sort of book of fate. I guess it could be Subjective Reality, but I'm not knowledgeable enough of the game in question to argue this topic.

Meanwhile, Instant Death's cosmology is connected to another series which goes full in with protagonists, stories, roles, and a bunch of other meta elements that makes it impossible to argue that this is simply manipulating fate.

Also, as the Norn's are the only one who bring up this possible narrative elements, them denying the existence of said narrative is pretty much a slam dunk in denying it's existence. They seem to be just taunting Kratos and his company's, trying to get under their skin with how they know everytuing they are going to do and wording it like a story to further demean them.

As for their not being a fate despite the importance of prophecies to the game. One of the most vital parts of the prophecy of Ragnarok is the death of Baldur, and the Norns flat out say that it was not guaranteed to happen because of fate but because the personalities of those invovled would only ever lead them down the path that leads to Baldur's death and the begining of Ragnarok.

They also flat out state that yheir isn't a script as well. So the meaning of their words can't be 'their is no fate but their is a story and roles we all play' it's that their is netiher and everything that ahppens is our own fault because of the choices we make.
The norns in GoW norse is clearly mention about script, story, and protagonist. I dont think it will not more valid then the dracula that just a book and not mention about something like story. Even it mention about the memories that contruct by the fate and make propechy, its mean the fate in here is conctruct event per event (memories) and being a description of the world, is fullfil the explanation about the plot it self that is the sequence of event

And talking about kratos that killing baldur, its because the fate didnt count kratos like mimir says, yeah because he is "the destroyer of fate". Only kratos that can "choise". Its not for that there are no fate and scirpt that govern the world

Found it.

That sounds like nothing from Greek Kratos applies to Norse Kratos besides maybe scaling but even then that calls into question whether scaling applies as well.

I recall hearing Kratos God of War Strength I’d what he uses for Spartan Rage but idk. This would mean stuff like the blades absorption might not be legit anymore

In thor vs kratos fight thor might have turned into a pure lightning multiple times if am not mistaken. What would that be?
I think he teleports too
So Kratos fought at the battle of Thermopylae, and was also there at Troy. Weird, while mythological, it does have a date, and it happened like a thousand years before Thermopylae. Maybe they happened at a similar time in GOW. Or Kratos is a lot older than we thought.
god of war’s novel implies Troy was recent, Zeus mentions living that city and being sad it and his demigod sons were lost

I recall hearing Kratos God of War Strength I’d what he uses for Spartan Rage but idk.
Could be for 2018, but not so much in Ragnarok where he has greater control over it now.

This would mean stuff like the blades absorption might not be legit anymore
Absorption stuff is still all on Kratos, but honestly I really don't see how this debunks the notion that the BoC can't absorb stuff. It's most likely referring to all the power-ups Kratos lost once he committed sudoku by channeling Hope through the Blade of Olympus.

god of war’s novel implies Troy was recent, Zeus mentions living that city and being sad it and his demigod sons were lost
Huh. I always thought it happened in the multiplayer of ascension since Troy is a map.
I guess it happened when Kratos was serving the gods
They really could have had a game taking place during the Trojan war. How'd they drop the ball on that one? Could have been cool

Huh. I always thought it happened in the multiplayer of ascension since Troy is a map.
They really could have had a game taking place during the Trojan war. How'd they drop the ball on that one? Could have been cool
Kind of weird why Kratos lamented not being able to fight at Thermopylae despite the 800+ year gap between the two events.

Just want ask

Are norse kratos is stonger than greek kratos? Because thor says, the current kratos is lesser version

Absorption stuff is still all on Kratos, but honestly I really don't see how this debunks the notion that the BoC can't absorb stuff. It's most likely referring to all the power-ups Kratos lost once he committed sudoku by channeling Hope through the Blade of Olympus.
Yeah. That's probably just due to gameplay changes and RPG bullshit. He had that power long before he became a god, anyway.

Becomes one after it's freed, so I suspect Heimdall shrunk the damn thing to hide it. Another Self-Sustenance feat.
Would Odin creating all the realms be an SS feat? I read on the GOW wiki that he was born in the great void. If that's true would that also warrant him Void resistance?

Would Odin creating all the realms be an SS feat? I read on the GOW wiki that he was born in the great void. If that's true would that also warrant him Void resistance?
SS? I guess so. Void Resistance? I don't think so, Kratos and Atreus visited that void with Surtr and nothing significant came of it.

Just want ask

Are norse kratos is stonger than greek kratos?
Only equal in physical strength, speed and durability, and that's if he's not holding back at all.

GOW3 Kratos still has a massive hax and range advantage, plus the power-ups of the Titans, Rage of the Titans and Hades' Soul on top. Norse Kratos has none of his power-ups left, as Ragnarok dialogue indicates.

Because thor says, the current kratos is lesser version
That was until Kratos finally let loose and took out Thor's teeth, that's when Thor considered the blood debt fully paid and finally stated that he finally felt the God of War's power. In all essence, the lesser version is Kratos holding back.

Could be for 2018, but not so much in Ragnarok where he has greater control over it now.
I know
I bring this up because we never see the Blades’ absorption referenced past the novels and we know a lot of the magic is gone
likely the same, it seems there’s only about 10 years between the Games proper and Troy. Thermopylae was referenced too but idk when it was, I’ve king suspected during the Trojan Invasion from Chains

I bring this up because we never see the Blades’ absorption referenced past the novels and we know a lot of the magic is gone
The Blade's absorption capabilities are prolly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as Kratos's own powers make them redundant.

likely the same, it seems there’s only about 10 years between the Games proper and Troy. Thermopylae was referenced too but idk when it was, I’ve king suspected during the Trojan Invasion from Chains
Thermopylae being referenced puts a wrench into the whole "Where does Greek GOW take place" scenario. The timeframe is just too random, and Kratos implies he was mortal at the time. Which is certainly very weird.

Also apparently GOW Ragnarok won't get a tie-in novel. Haven't found any official sources on that regard.

I feel like it's represented by the red orbs in game.
Thermopylae being referenced puts a wrench into the whole "Where does Greek GOW take place" scenario. The timeframe is just too random, and Kratos implies he was mortal at the time. Which is certainly very weird
Yeah, it was probably just to get in on the 300 hype, as I think that movie came out the same year as GOW 2

that 1-B tier statement must be exist in art books or lore books tho. It's super hard to convincing people just from Screenshot now. Assume you are veteran GoW supporter, you know why...
I know, yet I still feel that 2 consistent confirmations by a major dev, which are 4 years apart, are more than enough to convince anyone. But we can wait.

Last edited:
VESLJOPh.jpg

WayBack machine doesn't have literally every deleted F.B. post on it. And, yes. This was a promo material for GoW 2018. Of course the "bit.ly/GoWNorse" website won't be the same anymore. I don't know about you guys but this much confirmation is more than enough for me.
Do you have HD versions of all those chat pictures?

EDIT: NVM, you have to click on the actual Imgur link.

I feel like it's represented by the red orbs in game.
Yes I know, I mean in the Norse Games
Yeah, it was probably just to get in on the 300 hype, as I think that movie came out the same year as GOW 2
Just after iirc but yeah
Also apparently GOW Ragnarok won't get a tie-in novel. Haven't found any official sources on that regard.
just seemingly from the fact we’ve heard nothing of one, a comic follow up is possible tho
Thermopylae being referenced puts a wrench into the whole "Where does Greek GOW take place" scenario. The timeframe is just too random, and Kratos implies he was mortal at the time. Which is certainly very weird.
Tbh I don’t think it’s meant to be any one time period, just take it as a composite

Not sure if this hasn't been already discussed, but that's not true. There are only 2 frozen lightning bolts in the game. One is in Midgard (from Kratos' and Thor's clash) and the other is in Vanaheim (from Faye's and Thor's clash). That's why Thor said "this feels familiar" when he creates a similar frozen bolt clashing with Kratos.

Yeah Dienomite told us.

My friend actually managed to get a response from Cory on this using Gmail chat feature (after reaching him from a dozen different accounts):-

Bruh. Guess I should've used Chat myself to see. I'm dumb.

I think that this is enough confirmation to say that the F.B. post did exist at some point and Cory's explanation on it using Gmail was indeed legit.
I guess so.

Now the question is, what tier would this be?
High 1-B, since mention of "infinite dimensions" in this kind of detail cannot be in any good conscience remotely as low as 2-A. Just doesn't happen.

Which makes me doubt this considerably, since transcending time and space in the existential superiority type of thing should wield only Low 1-C.

The fact that the wayback machine doesnt have it isn’t as much of an issue as there isn’t any reference to it anywhere besides the screenshot of it. Whatever the facebook post is quoting should still exist, the website hasn’t change drastically and other SMS posts on facebook made prior to it still properly linked to their source.
The post isn't quoting the website. It's explaining the nature of the Yggdrasil. It's an independent lore promo. The website it links was supposed to explain other things about the Norse World. That's why it says "Learn MORE about the GoW Norse World", and not "Learn about the GoW Norse World" or "Learn more about the Yggdrasil".

My friend actually managed to get a response from Cory on this using Gmail chat feature (after reaching him from a dozen different accounts):-

Still, if it were me, I'd include my PC timestamp on the taskbar and all my ugly PC taskbar icons plus my torrent icon (Please no hard feelings) for extra legitimacy.

that 1-B tier statement must be exist in art books or lore books tho. It's super hard to convincing people just from Screenshot now. Assume you are veteran GoW supporter, you know why...
It was a GoW 2018 promo post. It's unlikely that it'd find a mention in GoW : Ragnarok's art or lore books. But let's see.

The post isn't quoting the website. It's explaining the nature of the Yggdrasil. It's an independent lore promo. The website it links was supposed to explain other things about the Norse World. That's why it says "Learn MORE about the GoW Norse World", and not "Learn about the GoW Norse World" or "Learn more about the Yggdrasil".
The post is quoting something, that's why the entire description is in quotation marks. When I visited the SMS facebook a few weeks ago, I looked through all the posts as far back as when God of War 2018 was announced to see if I could find that post. I never found it of course but whenever quotations were used there was a link to the statement/place where the quote can be found which was typically the website we know today. I can't stress enough how fishy it is it can't be found anywhere. Like it's conveniently the only post deleted on their facebook for whatever reason.

Last edited:
The post is quoting something, that's why the entire description is in quotation marks. When I visited the SMS facebook a few weeks ago, I looked through all the posts as far back as when God of War 2018 was announced to see if I could find that post. I never found it of course but whenever quotations were used there was a link to the statement/place where the quote can be found which was typically the website we know today. I can't stress enough how fishy it is it can't be found anywhere. Like it's conveniently the only post deleted on their facebook for whatever reason.
Yes, it is indeed weird how the old PS2, PSP and PS3 era statements remain but for some reason this didn't.

I can see your point. But, the website doesn't necessarily have to contain that quote though. The website is to learn MORE about the Norse World, NOT the Yggdrasil itself. And, no. The WayBack machine doesn't even have the data of the website which the post links (September 2018). So it's best to stick with the 2 confirmations we've got by Cory himself till now.

Back