• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Low 1C AP
Freya's statements ATM justifying it are kinda too vague ATM unless the tree has evidence that prove it to be one level of existential superiority higher than space and time itself.

That and having too many Low 1-C is problematic in and out of itself especially with people still doubting Tier 2 even after the slew of feats we have been shown so far. Mimir indeed confirms that Odin formed the lands other than the Primordial realms Niflheim and Muspelheim, then there's Garmr chewing through the fabric of the realms, Nidhogg and her offspring managing Yggdrasil to prevent overgrowth, Thor 2v1'ing Surtr and Jormungandr and sending the latter back hurling through time, Surtr snapping off the branch of Yggdrasil that held Asgard and the final destruction of the realm unleashing an explosion powerful enough to shake Yggdrasil to its core (The original destruction threatened to incinerate the entire tree as per Ratatoskr's words if Kratos didn't come in to save the day). And still being cannon fodder to the Sisters of Fate, with their threads spanning all life and time, yet remaining within Greece, further confirming the Pantheons being separate completely from each others' influence, and then Kratos killing the Sisters and using their powers against Zeus, only to lose and being forced to play possum, to then bring the Titans and watch them get negged yet again, and then to be forced into a stalemate against Zeus despite having Titan Powers, Soul of Hades and BoO.

Thor and jormungandr damaged yggdrasil.
That just means they broke off a small piece of it. And Nidhog is literally the one who keeps the tree from overgrowing and Garm can create realm tears like nothing and threatened the existence of all the realms except Asgard, Surt… well he’s Surtr, no explanation needed.

Freya's statements ATM justifying it are kinda too vague ATM unless the tree has evidence that prove it to be one level of existential superiority higher than space and time itself.

That and having too many Low 1-C is problematic in and out of itself especially with people still doubting Tier 2 even after the slew of feats we have been shown so far. Mimir indeed confirms that Odin formed the lands other than the Primordial realms Niflheim and Muspelheim, then there's Garmr chewing through the fabric of the realms, Nidhogg and her offspring managing Yggdrasil to prevent overgrowth, Thor 2v1'ing Surtr and Jormungandr and sending the latter back hurling through time, Surtr snapping off the branch of Yggdrasil that held Asgard and the final destruction of the realm unleashing an explosion powerful enough to shake Yggdrasil to its core (The original destruction threatened to incinerate the entire tree as per Ratatoskr's words if Kratos didn't come in to save the day). And still being cannon fodder to the Sisters of Fate, with their threads spanning all life and time, yet remaining within Greece, further confirming the Pantheons being separate completely from each others' influence, and then Kratos killing the Sisters and using their powers against Zeus, only to lose and being forced to play possum, to then bring the Titans and watch them get negged yet again, and then to be forced into a stalemate against Zeus despite having Titan Powers, Soul of Hades and BoO.
I don't care what other people say. Most of them are biased against god of war. all of these feats are at least 2-A.if god of war can't have that then all 2-A characters on the wiki should be downgraded to 2-C as well.

That just means they broke off a small piece of it.
They... no, THOR "splintered" it. The strike was all him.

Also if you chip off a piece of a 2-C structure, you scale to 2-C, you can't backscale downwards from it. You'd be 2-C still, but below baseline.

And Nidhog is literally the one who keeps the tree from overgrowing and Garm can create realm tears like nothing and threatened the existence of all the realms except Asgard, Surt… well he’s Surtr, no explanation needed.
And they still can't hold a candle to Greek Pantheon, what with the Sisters of Fate still being superior in the long run.

I don't care what other people say. Most of them are biased against god of war. If all these feats are at least 2-A then all 2-A characters on the wiki should be downgraded to 2-C as well.
TBF tho, Ragnarok seems to be at odds with the evidence for 2-A at first glance. People being biased against GOW isn't egregiously off the mark, but at the same time, accuracy is paramount.

They... no, THOR "splintered" it. The strike was all him.

Also if you chip off a piece of a 2-C structure, you scale to 2-C, you can't backscale downwards from it. You'd be 2-C still, but below baseline.
Really? I thought both of them splintered it from their fight.

Then shouldn’t they be Low 1-C and not 2-C judging from Yggdrasil’s current rating?
And they still can't hold a candle to Greek Pantheon, what with the Sisters of Fate still being superior in the long run.
Yeah… hax wise, Norse has got nothing on Greek.

TBF tho, Ragnarok seems to be at odds with the evidence for 2-A at first glance. People being biased against GOW isn't egregiously off the mark, but at the same time, accuracy is paramount.
Are Sisters of fate stronger that zeus?

….Nidhogg and her offspring managing Yggdrasil to prevent overgrowth….
minor correction but the stags of four seasons are the ones who manages the world tree’s growth. Nidhogg’s offsprings have the capability to devour the nine realms if left unintended without a proper parental figure since their mother is no longer alive to teach them to protect the world tree’s roots.

Are Sisters of fate stronger that zeus?
They're said to be the greatest force in the greek pantheon (Or something like that), although that's less to do with their power but more to do with their ability to control fate.

Zeus can hit harder than the sisters can (Honestly most of the top dogs in the series can), but he could never do anything to them since his fate is controlled by them.

minor correction but the stags of four seasons are the ones who manages the world tree’s growth. Nidhogg’s offsprings have the capability to devour the nine realms if left unintended without a proper parental figure since their mother is no longer alive to teach them to protect the world tree’s roots.
Can you post a video or scan?

BRUH

That makes things clearer I guess.

Aperently kratos and thor did nothing to the realms. The lightning we see in vanahiem is there because faye and thor had a fight and that's why thor said "that looks familiar".
Yeah it was a frozen lightning bolt

They're said to be the greatest force in the greek pantheon (Or something like that), although that's less to do with their power but more to do with their ability to control fate.

Zeus can hit harder than the sisters can (Honestly most of the top dogs in the series can), but he could never do anything to them since his fate is controlled by them.
Zeus could do whatever the **** he wanted to, but if the moment came where the Sisters said "LOLNOPE, L + BOZO", they'd lose. So yeah, most of it is due to hax, but they're no slouch in physicals, well stronger than the Titans for sure.

In GOW2 Myth to Legend bonus video the devs constantly hammered down that NOBODY CAN DEFY THE FATES. Save for Kratos.

Aperently kratos and thor did nothing to the realms. The lightning we see in vanahiem is there because faye and thor had a fight and that's why thor said "that looks familiar".
Huh. Well that's weird.

Either way, I guess this gets replaced by Nidhogg peeps literally taking out the realms themselves.

Really? I thought both of them splintered it from their fight.

Then shouldn’t they be Low 1-C and not 2-C judging from Yggdrasil’s current rating?
Yggdrasil's current rating is under contention due to the statements being too vague and not fully implying existential superiority.

well stronger than the Titans for sure.
Oh for sure they're superior to the titans, ain't they in the same ballpark as Ares since they're strong enough to cause noticeable damage to the blade that killed him? (Bit rusty on GOW2 so can't remember how exactly the fight goes)

Oh for sure they're superior to the titans, ain't they in the same ballpark as Ares since they're strong enough to cause noticeable damage to the blade that killed him? (Bit rusty on GOW2 so can't remember how exactly the fight goes)
Yeah.

tbh regarding scaling we still need secondary canon. So it's expected trying to scale right now it's kinda dumpster fire.

Also i wonder if there are conversation that talk about "earth" in general in GoW R

i have theory here, don't you think sindri break that soul ball actually released odin souls rather than destroy it ?? because the scene itself is very vague. Also there is not confirmation in the past norse game that you can destroy soul like that

This makes me wonder; how cold does Leviathan’s ice have to be if it can freeze actual lightning? And would that be solid cold resistance for those who survive it’s strikes, like Thor and Baldur
i have theory here, don't you think sindri break that soul ball actually released odin souls rather than destroy it ?? because the scene itself is very vague. Also there is not confirmation in the past norse game that you can destroy soul like that
the implications are that he’s dead and gone but I can see a chance he survived

lyndwyrms are wild holy shit

also I’m kinda vindicated if the Well of Urd isn’t that good, always felt that was weird

This makes me wonder; how cold does Leviathan’s ice have to be if it can freeze actual lightning? And would that be solid cold resistance for those who survive it’s strikes, like Thor and Baldur
Thors lightning isn't normal. So that's far more impressive.

lyndwyrms are wild holy shit

also I’m kinda vindicated if the Well of Urd isn’t that good, always felt that was weird

True, we don’t know how much hotter then actual lightning it is tho

I also think you meant to say something with the second part but idk what
Leviathan axe's ice probably has similar origin as thamur's and ymir's, which use Primordial ice. so thor's lightning can hold his own against that i guess.

And no, i didn't wanna say anything, sorry for the confusion.

Leviathan axe's ice probably has similar origin as thamur's and ymir's, which use Primordial ice. so thor's lightning can hold his own against that i guess.
I believe Leviathan is stated to be tied to some Troll’s breath but I might be wrong
And no, i didn't wanna say anything, sorry for the confusion.
Haha all g man

also, what are the odds we get a DLC or comic continuation? Way I see it, there’s still tons of unanswered questions come Ragnarok

yeah, also there isn't any dialog about sindri breaking that ball in technical and detailed level. We know creatures that able to destroy souls are soul eater not simple smack from hammer.

I believe Leviathan is stated to be tied to some Troll’s breath but I might be wrong
I am also not sure about that.
Haha all g man

also, what are the odds we get a DLC or comic continuation? Way I see it, there’s still tons of unanswered questions come Ragnarok
That would be cool but i thing Santa Monica will start working on the next game pretty soon, so i don't know if they will waste time with DLC.

I am also not sure about that.
Yeah it’s weird
That would be cool but i thing Santa Monica will start working on the next game pretty soon, so i don't know if they will waste time with DLC.
True, I just feel weird there’s so many hanging threads without context here tho right? Like what’s going on there
yeah, also there isn't any dialog about sindri breaking that ball in technical and detailed level. We know creatures that able to destroy souls are soul eater not simple smack from hammer.
tbh Sindri seems convinced that would kill him
I still don't understand the reason behind Sindri being upset at Kratos and Atreus. They were quite literally blameless in that situation.
eh they brought “Tyr” to their sanctuary, which got Brok killed

Sindri was the one helping and encouraging Atreus in search of giant prophecy that allowed them to find Tyr. He is more responsible than Kratos who just put his trust in Atreus and Sindri and followed their findings.
Hmm, true, perhaps projection is part of it

Back