• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I think odin and some other aesir gods should have time manipulation as mimir mentioned in 2018 game when he stated they used it on skoll and hati. Skoll and hati should also have resistance to time stop because it did work on sun and moon but not on them.
Just by the virtue of having stolen Vanir magic from Freya herself should be more than enough to grant him this.

Can odin also scale from surviving ymir's flood that flooded "all of creation" POTENTIALLY 2-A feat for odin and ymir if we say "creation" in this context means yggdrasil or "all of existence" like for surtr.

Could that potentially be immeasurable speed for them? Or just hax?
Prolly not, either could be Time Manip Resistance due to their nature, or Infinite Speed if they're doing it through sheer speed.

Immeasurable speed requires a lot of evidence, like being able to travel through time, or to access dimensions that exist on a higher level of existence than time, or to surpass time altogether to the point where it no longer has any hold or sway on you.

Prolly not, either could be Time Manip Resistance due to their nature, or Infinite Speed if they're doing it through sheer speed.

Immeasurable speed requires a lot of evidence, like being able to travel through time, or to access dimensions that exist on a higher level of existence than time, or to surpass time altogether to the point where it no longer has any hold or sway on you.
this is new for me.

@KLOL506 not GoW Related but is it possible to obtain immeasurable speed using UES ?
Not unless you used said energy to do an Immeasurable feat or shoot a beam using said UES, the beam needs to act and look the same as the Immeasurable beam itself and have the same properties and visuals.

It's why we had a hard time convincing anyone of the Light of Dawn being the same speed as Helios's light despite the two sharing the same power source, the Primordial Flame. It was only when I pointed out that the beams from the LoD and Helios worked in the same exact way and dealt physical damage when charged up, were we finally able to convince others that they are the exact same, with only different areas of effect.

KLOL506
Not unless you used said energy to do an Immeasurable feat or shoot a beam using said UES, the beam needs to act and look the same as the Immeasurable beam itself and have the same properties and visuals.

It's why we had a hard time convincing anyone of the Light of Dawn being the same speed as Helios's light despite the two sharing the same power source, the Primordial Flame. It was only when I pointed out that the beams from the LoD and Helios worked in the same exact way and dealt physical damage when charged up, were we finally able to convince others that they are the exact same, with only different areas of effect.
What about my comment about odin and ymir?

Can odin also scale from surviving ymir's flood that flooded "all of creation" POTENTIALLY 2-A feat for odin and ymir if we say "creation" in this context means yggdrasil or "all of existence" like for surtr.
Turns out, Ginnungagap is still an infinitesmial part of Yggdrasil. You know, the void from which Ymir originated.

The entire cycle of creation is still nothing to the tree. And yet, Surtur yanked out its branch. So I guess it wouldn't matter regardless. The realms mean nothing now if you can directly one-tap the source itself, something higher than "all of creation". And given the mask shenanigans and the stuff beyond the realms that Odin wants, Tier 1 may be even more likely. Tier 1 Athena and PoH Kratos perhaps? We'll see.

Turns out, Ginnungagap is still an infinitesmial part of Yggdrasil.

The entire cycle of creation is still nothing to the tree. And yet, Surtur yanked out its branch. So I guess it wouldn't matter regardless. The realms mean nothing now if you can directly one-tap the source itself, something higher than "all of creation". And given the mask shenanigans and the stuff beyond the realms that Odin wants, Tier 1 may be even more likely. Tier 1 Athena and PoH Kratos perhaps? We'll see.
Impressive

A few more questions: in gow 2 we learn gaia created uranos. Should we include that in her profile as well? People who have worked on the game have consistently said every interpretation is valid. Like in real mythology, you have multiple valid sources.

Is chaos infinite void in gow verse?

And is there a statement implying or stating ginnungagap is infinite in size or anything like that?

A few more questions: in gow 2 we learn gaia created uranos. Should we include that in her profile as well? People who have worked on the game have consistently said every interpretation is valid. Like in real mythology, you have multiple valid sources.
When do we learn this?

And is there a statement implying or stating ginnungagap is infinite in size or anything like that?
i don't think so

Honestly, with what we learn in this game and the last, people who keep saying all of this is just self-contained in Scandinavia and only Tier 6 baffle me.
Because most people does not care about how GoW Cosmology work. Instead they mixed up with modern geography.

Learn about what? Gaia creating uranos? If that's what you mean it's from gow 2 website. But, if you don't want to use that that's fine.
Yeah, we don't use lore that isn't originally present in the games or secondary canon. WoG is usable but it has to not contradict anything or be corroborated by information presented in the games and all we know is that Ouranos was around for the war between Primordials.
What about the chaos thing? Was he stated to be infinite?
The Underworld is infinite but I don't think Chaos in the sense of the primordial void is present in the setting (or if it is, isn't used for tiering or referenced as much). She exists as a Primordial but that's about all I know.

Yeah, we don't use lore that isn't originally present in the games or secondary canon. WoG is usable but it has to not contradict anything or be corroborated by information presented in the games and all we know is that Ouranos was around for the war between Primordials.

The Underworld is infinite but I don't think Chaos in the sense of the primordial void is present in the setting (or if it is, isn't used for tiering or referenced as much). She exists as a Primordial but that's about all I know.
What about ginnungagap? Was it stated to be infinite?

Retconned hard by Ascension. The old websites no longer hold. Chaos is the mother of both Ouranos and Gaia. Gaia wasn't even born during the Primordial War.

Nah. Just another Primordial Realm/Female Primordial.

Tartarus isn't a void either, but he's definitely infinite in size.

AFAIK, no. May have to check tho.

Retconned hard by Ascension. The old websites no longer hold. Chaos is the mother of both Ouranos and Gaia. Gaia wasn't even born during the Primordial War.

Nah. Just another Primordial Realm/Female Primordial.

Tartarus isn't a void either, but he's definitely infinite in size.

AFAIK, no. May have to check tho.
Wait, so tartarus could be infinite? I thought it's just really big desert somewhere inside the earth.

Wait, so tartarus could be infinite? I thought it's just really big desert somewhere inside the earth.
Tartarus IS infinite. It's what comprises most of the Underworld. Or rather, "he".

Stated in Temple of Helios thrice, the GOW Bonus Disc, and by Cecil Kim and Cory Barlog, that the Underworld is infinite in size.

Tartarus IS infinite. It's what comprises most of the Underworld. Or rather, "he".

Stated in Temple of Helios thrice, the GOW Bonus Disc, and by Cecil Kim and Cory Barlog, that the Underworld is infinite in size.
So, hades/underworld is so big it contains infinite realm and is in itself infinite as well? Also is tartarus a Primordial? What are his other feats?

So, hades/underworld is so big it contains infinite realm and is in itself infinite as well?
Hades is one part of the Underworld. Elysium is another, Tartarus is another (It is also the legendary battleground for the Great War between the Titans and the Olympians).

Also is tartarus a Primordial?
Yes.

What are his other feats?
Having sex with Gaia and birthing Typhon. And most likely partaking in the Primordial War and surviving. Seems like Tartarus was brought to heel early in Uranus's reign.

Hades is one part of the Underworld. Elysium is another, Tartarus is another (It is also the legendary battleground for the Great War between the Titans and the Olympians).

Yes.

Having sex with Gaia and birthing Typhon. And most likely partaking in the Primordial War and surviving. Seems like Tartarus was brought to heel early in Uranus's reign.
Could hades be considered as some kind of part of hades (god)? Like tartarus is realm and a character.

Could hades be considered as some kind of part of hades (god)? Like tartarus is realm and a character.
Nah hades (the place) isn't some kind of part of hades (the god), it's like in the original myths where sometimes they referred to the underworld with the same name as the god despite them not being the same thing. It's kinda like having your house be named after yourself.

Back