• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah Doomguy gets Haxxstomped. AP Stomped too, at least by wiki standards, as I believe he's just a little above baseline 5-D.

I do believe he's got some good fights in GOW tho, like maybe some of the Norse Gods. Ignoring their big AP advantages.

Doomguy vs Baldur would be cool

Both Donatien and DGA Gaming gonna be coping about that one. They glaze DOOM like crazy.
pep-guardiola-smoke-pep-guardiola.gif

Last edited:
  • data
  • inductive and deductive reasoning
  • fallacy
  • in/consistency

are most essential when determining tiering. Any fiction has mathematical/logical structures/framework in it

My response will be the same response as Executor made in the Persona thread here.
In general as long there are methodology framework, fair consensus, approximate truth. Analyzing fiction with 90% accuracy and 10% error should be enough no need absolute super truth.
It's not like when someone analyzing something not accurately then it become 100% false. It Just like a science. Truth or false are part of the process.

The_Scientific_Method.svg

We did away with dimensional tiering ages ago tho. They're just fighting a ghost.
But they're also talking about how R>F is non-sense cross-verse, because we don't know how comparable the 20th layer in a particular setting is to the 1st layer in another verse.

They also point out how vector quantities like gravity are one and the same (in nature) across all possible spatio-temporal dimensions, so someone who controls the abstract concept of gravity at its fundamental level should be directly Tier 1.

Plus, they talk about how transfinite worlds with higher spatio-temporal dimensions would be inconceivably smaller than our universe.

Most people on the DB reddit recognised the G1 blog and most agree Kratos does win.
Was wrong on this front. Been fighting off hordes of "it's wank."

Saw a cool stupid argument too

"Underworld isn't infinite because stuff surround it."
"The realms are just named after the landmass so when people destroy the realm, they're not destroying the universe of the realm but just the landmass because the landmass is the name of the realm"
"Kratos struggled to break a mountain"
"The mask tear is what made the universes"

It's Reddit. Kinda expected. Nothing to lose sleep over.
It's funny because G1, the research team behind DB, literally did an in-depth analysis WITHOUT using author statements (besides official interviews) and STILL came to the conclusion that Kratos is low multiversal and wins against Asura. Yet they blissfully ignore it.

Nah, Norse era adaptation, we have like a half dozen games plus novelizations for the Greek world.

I want more Norse lore and hax.
What is there to adapt in the Norse saga anymore honestly?

People hear about the many games and side content of Greece and forget that Santa Monica didn't put anywhere near as much focus into direct world building as they do in the Norse saga. That's how you have 2 games with zero Word of God out-doing the entire Greek saga in hax and feat volume for the most part.

Believe me, Greek Era could benefit a lot from SSM's current way of focusing on lore.

I love the people who say that Hermes aimdodged the Light of Helios

1. It's a ******* AOE attack
2. Even if he did, he'd be infinite speed. You cannot dodge something unless you're infinite speed yourself, or else you'll be infinitely slower.

People hear about the many games and side content of Greece and forget that Santa Monica didn't put anywhere near as much focus into direct world building as they do in the Norse saga. That's how you have 2 games with zero Word of God out-doing the entire Greek saga in hax and feat volume for the most part.
Greek Saga has Type 1 CM and all the vast haxxes of the Great Evils and PoH.

Greek Saga has Type 1 CM and all the vast haxxes of the Great Evils and PoH.
Norse saga is the reason everyone with soul magic or feats has a massive text block of hax to go with it.

More space-time and dimensional magic feats have come from like 3 arcs in Ragnarok than all of the Greek Era.

Norse is the reason Greece has layers up the wazoo for a good chunk of its stuff.

Norse is the reason Greece even has auto-smurf hax.

I won't even get into raw feats of AP.

Greece has a lot of good hax but the broken shit is for like, a handful of characters (Great Evils and Hope are relevant only to the 2 god tiers lmfao). But Norse bodies in sheer verse impact largely due to how much goes into fleshing out the background and power system this time around.

Believe me, Greek Era could benefit a lot from SSM's current way of focusing on lore.
Quite a few things actually, like Kratos coming to the Norse world and meeting faye, or a prequel series focusing on the Aesir Vanir war and Thor and Co. Or it could even be a sequel to Ragnarok tying up loose ends before the next game and introducing characters who didn't make it in the games.

But I'd definitely prefer a prequel Greek era series.
There's still a number of things to adapt in Greek mythology that never made it to the games, and three eras of Kratos' life not really covered that much

1.Kratos time growing as a Spartan, eventually becoming general, finally suffering defeat and making the deal with Ares

2. Kratos serving the Gods of Olympus in search of redemption.

3.Kratos time as God of War and his growing hatred for the Gods of Olympus

Back